“Its okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 hotels in Mason
Clermont, Florida, United States
“Its okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This place could really use an update but the staff is very friendly and the room was very clean. Not sure why people don't like it i mean come on its only a 2 star resort... You get what you pay for!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

we went there for a soccer tournament over the weekend, got there Fri and they never had the bar or restaurant open like it said on website. After all of us complained they finally decided to open it on Sat. A total dissapointment, and there was 2 50aches under my daughters mattress! I would NOT recommend this hotel!!! also a real hole in the wall

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
FrontOfficeMngt, General Manager at Kings Island Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Please accept our apology for the mis-communication on our restaurant and bar hours in the off season. Our intention is to inform guests of changing hours and let them know of other options in the area in the event that our food and beverage outlets are closed. We will use your comments to improve service to future guests. Thank you for your comments.
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My family has stayed here for years and gone on the shuttle to Kings Island. We will never stay there again. The bed sheets had blood on them along with bug feces. The carpet wasn't swept. The shower was dirty and with only the hot water facet on, we had moderately warm water. My boys and I were the only ones in the entire building for the night, which was very creepy. We should have been told upon check in. When we checked out this morning, I was never once asked how my stay was even after asking for the number of the corporate office. I was given the general manager's business card, I still haven't received a return call from him.

Room Tip: Don't stay there at all!!@!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. When assigning rooms, we are not always sure of the number of rooms that we may have or the location preference that some folks may have when they arrive. For these reasons, we can't really tell guests upon check-in if there will be other guests in the same building. With 16 different buildings, the slow season presents some room assignment issues that we try to optimize in the best way possible. With some of the buildings having exterior entry guest rooms, we do experience a few more challenges with leaves, dust, soiled carpet and even some garden variety insects. We apologize that conditions were not up to your expectations and will use your comments for improve our service to future guests.
Springfield Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed in chalet. So old looking! No updates! Bed had 2 sheets on it, Neither one was fitted. Carpet, walls, furniture dirty. Next morning we discovered our room door lock didn't work! We had slept in a room that had no lock on it!! Breakfast $5.95 next morning was ok. We had to ask for water and remove our own plates from table. Staff was standing around talking. Pool was freezing!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. The hotel was purchased a couple years ago and we are in the process of updating our facility. Some of the exterior entry chalet buildings do need to be updated more than others and we hope to address the product needs soon. We will certainly use your comments to imrove the hotel and service for future guests.
Lima
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We just stayed in the chalet. It was unbelievable how dirty this room was. It looked like there was feces on the bathroom wall and some other brown colored something all over the shower curtain and on the clothes rack. Carpet had stains all over and dirt/ hairballs in the corners of the room. Don't think they know how to clean a room nor care if it is clean! Management should be embarrassed. And to top it off very outdated and worst beds ever (unless you like sleeping on springs). Definitely not worth the price. Now I know why all the other hotels with suites were sold out and this hotel still had availability.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
logan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I reserved a Chalet family room online. I got to hotel there was none clean. manager tried to talk me into getting a single room with rollaway bed for 6 people. I refused. He came back and said that there was a chalet clean. We entered the room and it was clear to see that the floor was not vacummed. I entered the bathroom and there was coffe all over the sink and the comode and bathtub was filthy. I called the staff and requested some cleaning supplies. The manager brought me some lysol and I cleaned the comode and sink. I was so ready for bed. I pulled down the comforter and there was no fitted sheets on bed. Just a mattress. I drew the line there and called staff and requested another room. They gave me two adjoining rooms so we packed up our stuff and moved to these rooms. When I arrived home I noticed that they had charged me twice on my credit card. I called and (of course) the accountant is not in to take care of this matter. Still waiting on phone call back. The pictures on website are so decieving. I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Don;t stay here
Kalamazoo, Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here many times as a kid and love the place, loved being able to get a pizza next to the pool. Well On our October 2010 trip, we decided its time to find a new hotel to stay at when we decide to visit kings island. It's dated, it feel like it stuck in the ages when the brady bunches stayed here. The Pizza Parlor is now closed, the pool area is sooo slick it almost to dangerous to go in. The beds were rough, the whole resort is rough. It was nice to be able to look out the windows and see Kings Island, now all you see if the great wolf lodge that took the place of the old Kings Island Campground. This really is a prime location, hope some updating and sprucing up is done to get the place up to date. There was also a dog show going on here, dogs were everywhere as well as their dog doo.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Kings Island Resort? Share your experiences!