“Plan on staying here next year!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mason
A TripAdvisor Member
“Plan on staying here next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We came to Mason for dance nationals with 15 girls. The hotel staff was very friendly, the breakfast exceeded expectations and had healthy options, and they allowed us to use one of their conference rooms for the girls to rehearse. Excellent value!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
TripAdvisor Member,

I am so glad me made an impression on your to come back and stay with us again next year. I am also glad you noticed the great breakfast changes I think its great that Holiday Inn made these changes to help out with guest who want a healthier option. It was also a pleasure to have the girls rehearse in our meeting room. I hope they did well in the competition. Once again thank you for your time you took to fill out a survey. Come back and see us again.

513.387.6000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We travel a lot in the summer and this was our family's favorite hotel. Everyone loved the breakfast as they changed the main items every day (turkey sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese inside). Breakfast area was nice and large so we weren't cramped like in most hotels. Room was clean and nicely appointed. The manager even greeted guests during breakfast and asked if the ladies running the area needed anything. I think this shows how well run the hotel is and I commend him for the great job he is doing!

On a side note, a male employee was being trained and the woman who assisted him was rather gruff (we arrived a bit early and he was seeing if anything was ready for check-in)... I actually felt bad for him since he was so polite and nice to work with. Not sure if this is the same woman referenced in the below review, but WOW...only negative we dealt with and I hope this gets addressed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
KC,

There are nearly 2200 Holiday Inn Express's and we are your favorite so far. This is such a pleasure to be even responding to your review after the way you feel. I personally appreicate you noticing all the small things like myself walking around breakfast and checking on the employees. We have a family here and all the staff and guests are part of it, so thank you for the great review highlighting me. I also noticed you mentioned something about the lady at the front desk being rude to a staff member. We by no means encourage that and I this has already been taken care of. Again we are a family here and we do not condone any negativity at all. So thank you for this review and thank you for the time you took to fill it out. Please come back to see us again we will make you next stay even better than your previous.

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Comfy beds, bath and body works products, yummy continental breakfast... Everything was clean and everyone was friendly. However, noises could be heard next door. Overall, great hotel, highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dchipper84, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Mallory S,

Thank you so much for coming to TripAdvisor to give us a survey, as well as giving us a 4/5 we really do appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. That being said I want to apologize that you were having issues with the noise. I invite you to come back and stay with us again as well ill find ya a nice quiet spot in the hotel. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Once again thanks for the great review and come back as see us again.

Rocket City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Mason,OH for 3 days. While there decided to take daughters to Kings Island. I called front desk to ask if maybe they had discount tickets. The person that answered the phone was very rude and had a very unfriendly tone. I asked about discount tickets and in a nasty voice, she said "no we don't." I then asked if she knew where I could get discount tickets and before I could finish my answer, she cut me off by answering "no". On my last morning there, checkout was at 11:00. I had had a late evening the night before so being an IHG member, I requested a late checkout. I called at 9:30 a.m. The lady that answered the phone was very pleasant and said it would be no problem. While sleeping, I get a phone call at 11:16 from the rude, unfriendly voice I had heard previously about the theme park discount tickets. She asked, "what time are you planning to checkout?" I told her 1:00 and that I had called and requested a late checkout. Once again before I could finish, she was cutting me off. While checking out I asked the pleasant young lady at the desk who was the manager. She pointed at Julie, who had her back turned, and stated that she was. As soon as she opened her mouth and said "I'm Julie the manager." I knew right off the bat it was her. I had a feeling it was her because as we entered and/or exited the hotel, the other staff greeted us with a warm smile or a friendly "enjoy your day!" When Julie was at the desk, she never looked up, smiled or anything. It was like she didn't want us there and wanted us out as soon as possible. Accommodations and other staff were great but Julie the manager needs to work on her customer service skills and her attitude BIG TIME!

• Stayed May 2014
Dchipper84, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
BBprecision,

First off let e thank you for giving us a 4/5 on our review. Even when I look at the problem that you ran into it makes us feel good that you had a relatively good stay. I also want to apologize to you for the issues that you had with Jaimie. This is really upsetting and I can guarantee that this will not happen not only to you but to anyone else again. Our goal is to make your stay the best we can and this just shouldn't happen period. I hope you do come back and give us another shot, I will personally take care of you so please contact me back directly. Thanks again for letting us know issues that you had as well as giving us a 4/5.

Cheers

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I, for the most part have had good experiences at the Holiday Inn Express hotels. This one was no exception and located in Mason, OH (NE suburb of Cincinnati).
The rooms were clean, the hotel was clean the price (for me) was right and the hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier.
The breakfast was your typical HIE breakfast, but this one had Canadian Bacon.
The elevators were fast too and Ice was on every floor.
Good restaurants chains all over the area near the hotel, right off the main road in either direction. It's a perfect match when traveling.
I will stay at this hotel again the next time I am in the area.
Way to go Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Other hotels in the immediate area and adjacent to this hotel, but this is the better choice in my o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dchipper84, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
TBRD113,

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for the amazing review you gave us. We do as much as we can for each and every guest in hopes to get the 5 star that you gave us. I also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I see you notice we have been working on breakfast not only at the hotel here but as a company to make it healthier and more selections for everyone. So again thank you for the review I do hope you come back and see us again sometime soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and Ill personally take care of you.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We have often staid in Holiday Inn express hotels around this are. The others have been good. We staid at this one for 7 nights and in some ways it was equal to the others in the area. But there was absolutely no control over the kids running and shouting in the halls. There were several teams of baseball or football groups and nobody controlled them in any way. We complained many times to the desk staff and they did try to call the "adults" who were sup[posed to be in charge of these kids but they apparently had no respect for the other people in the hotel and did nothing to help. The staff were in a very difficult position. They wanted to help the normal guests but were afraid to stand up to these group leaders for fear of losing their jobs.

The owners or operators of the hotel should have a very firm understanding when booking these groups of kids that they will be kept under control and made to keep quiet after (at least )10pm.

These unsupervised children also monopolized the swimming pool and made it impossible for others to use it.

It would also make a lot of sense to plan the rooms and floors in which to housed these monsters. Presumably such a group books at least a month in advance. So why not assign two lower floors to them and let other guests stay in the top floors.

This made our stay very uncomfortable and that particular time there was no other hotel in the area that had space.

Room Tip: First ask the desk staff if there are any unsupervised groups and then book a room as far away from...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dchipper84, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Drushton,

I want to apologize for the way you felt about your stay. It really upsets us when a guest leaves our hotel feeling the way you do. We do a couple things to prevent the issues you stated like having the groups on the first and second floor with everyone else on the 3rd and 4th. And usually groups are smaller in size. The group you are particularly referring to was 65 rooms so they couldn't be on just the first and second floor and I think this was part of the issue. We have also had a staff meeting about this as well and let the employees know what they can do to keep the groups manageable as well as under control. I can assure you we have taken the steps to prevent this from happening again. I do hope you accept our apology for this occurrence and give us another shot at making your next stay a great stay. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to take care of you.

Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed here before. This hotel remains a reliable, pleasant, clean Holiday Inn Express.

The reason for the second review is to compliment an excellent customer service experience. After checking out and attending a formal meeting in suit and tie, I wanted to change into more comfortable clothes for air travel later in the day. At about 2 PM I returned to the hotel. The woman at the front desk (who's name I have regrettably forgotten) recognized me. I explained my situation and she gave me a room key for the nearest room. I was able to change clothes in privacy and was comfortably on my way to the airport a few minutes later. Small gestures like these are what turn customers into raving fans.

All of my other interactions with staff at the hotel were very positive. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: No rooms have a particularly better view. North-facing rooms look toward a field, while other direct...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Lobster70,

First off let me thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I can see you stay all over the mason area and its nice to know you come back to us. No only do I appreciate you giving us a review but coming back giving us a second review really makes us feel special. I am glad Tanvi made an impression on you that you gave us that second review. There will always be a room at our Hotel for you and your family. Call myself or call Tanvi and we will both be willing to take care of you anytime you are in need. Once again thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Cheers

513.387.6000

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason? Share your experiences!