“Consistent, positive experiences” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Mason
New Jersey
“Consistent, positive experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this hotel multiple times--with very consistent experiences. The hotel is clean, everyone is very nice and breakfast is average, but always looks clean and well stocked. The price is reasonable and the quality of the room is solid, not elegant, but perfect for business travel (and I would use this for family travel, too).

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I have shared your feedback with my staff as they always enjoy hearing from our guests. I'm so glad that you always had a consistent experience with us as we strive hard to ensure that every guest is teken care of. I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding my staff and that they are always nice. We are currently striving to improve our breakfast and on your next visit, I hope that you may see some improvements.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Return visit and was still very happy with service and quality! The staff will bend over backwards to make your stay as pleasant as possible and the rooms are neat and clean!!! Well worth it and great hotel for business people,nice cafe and lobby area for relaxing!!

• Stayed December 2012
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your welcoming comments! I have shared your comments with my staff as they most certainly appreciate them. I'm so glad that know that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was great! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great bang for the buck,close to everything and the staff is fantastic!! The rooms are clean and inviting,breakfast served is very nice,not just a continental but lots to offer!!! Indoor pool and fitness center! Free WiFi was great!!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback. We strive to ensure great guest satisfaction at our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that my staff was responsive to your needs as that is what we are here for. We look forward to serving you once again.
Gibbons
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was a basic room and was clean. The heater was noisy and I had to turn it off to get to sleep. At about 4AM, it was cold in the room so I got up to turn it on again. Overall not a great sleep.
I did mention the noisy heater to the front desk and they responded that they heard other's mention it as well. A known problem but not worth doing something about?
Breakfast was included. It was very basic and tasted mass produced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Bert Z,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the condition of the heater as well as breakfast options. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out clean, efficient and with decent size rooms. Breakfast isn't anything to write home about, but when it's free, who's complaining? Gave me the toothpaste that I've run out of, and in general were very accommodating. I'll stay here again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We take pride in ensuring that each and every guest is happy while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

One of the cleanest hotels in which I've stayed. The rooms were immaculate and even smelled clean! The queen sized beds were so comfortable! The staff was very friendly and accomodating. There were both hot and cold food items for breakfast and the dining area was big enough to accomodate everyone. The only disappointment was that there was no fruit at breakfast, but it wasn't a huge deal. We would most definitely stay again! I wish every hotel would be this clean, comfortable, and affordable!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. It was quiet, other than hearing the people above us walk around and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We take pride in ensuring that each and every guest has a pleasent stay with us. I do apologize that we didn't have any fresh fruit out however. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our comfy beds! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Quite impressed with this location. The room was clean, carpet seemed new (even smelled new), bathroom was clean. I chose this property for it's location, my dad is in a retirement home just down the road. We had previously stayed at the Hyatt Place (right next door) but it was booked for this trip. I thought this was a great alternative and would definitely consider staying again. I did miss some type of hotel information in the room, would have liked a reminder that there was a fitness room and something that noted the hours for breakfast. The staff I encountered were very pleasant. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback. It's a pleasure to know that you had a nice stay with us and we greatly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to assist you with your lodging needs. I will ensure that we see to putting more information in the rooms about our hotel and what is located around us. I sincerely hope that the next time your in town visiting your Dad, you will stay with us again. We look forward to having you. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason? Share your experiences!