“Had a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Findlay, Ohio
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Express while on a trip to Kings Island. We needed two rooms. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The staff kept the dining area clean. It wasn't the closest hotel to Kings Island, but it wasn't too far away. We will use this hotel again. P.S. The chocolate cookies in the lobby were fantastic!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here July 22/23 for a visit to King's Island. We were pleasantly surprised by the great location and the overall quality of the hotel. There is a Greater's ice cream store right in front of the hotel so we had plenty of late night treats during our stay. Shopping & restaurants are closeby and King's Island is only an exit or two down the road. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast bar, but it is extremely busy and quantities are limited overall.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a King's Island getaway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Traci S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for the excellent rating you gave our hotel. People are always quick to offer an negative review but very seldom offer positive feedback. We would like to think that three negative reviews isn't bad when you think of the number of people that have stayed with us this past summer. We accept the negative feedback as a way to make our hotel better for all future guests. Thank you for staying at our hotel and finding it a "Great hotels guests love".
WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend for one night. When we got to the hotel to check in we were told our room was not ready. We are a Priority Member and have stayed at many other Holiday Inn Express properties. The front desk clerk told us she would have to talk to the manager... she then left and went down the hall. She came back and said it would be a few hours and that she could hold our luggage til we got back. However, we had drove all morning and was planning on attending a Reds game a few hours later. A gentleman came out while we were standing there and asked our name... My fiance told him and said the last person said our room was not ready. After going back in and showing that we were a priority member and my fiance showing his military id we got a room within 5 minutes. Which I don't understand why it took all the trouble that it did. We finally got a room and it was on the first floor near the pool. At night the room was noisy. The room itself does not have a vent in the bathroom so the moisture has caused black mold high on the ceilings in the bathroom. However, the rest of the room was clean, cool, and beds were comfortable. They do have breakfast til 9 that includes pancakes, bisquits, gravy, sausage, eggs, juice, and coffee.

This property is near a few restaurants as well as Graeters Ice Cream which is awesome. When you book a room with 4 people on their site you also get charged $10 per person extra over 3 people so watch out for that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our hotel. Hotel check in policy is 4pm day of arrival. We try to honor the best we can early check-in requests. Due to our hotel being one exit from Kings island, we have to tendency to sell out nightly. Each room must be thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to checking in a guest. Without knowing the exact circumstances of this check-in, I can only assume that we moved guests around to accomodate the check in of this guest.

We strive each day to provide our guests with the best possible service and the highest level of quality. During peak season this process takes a bit more time due to high occupancy.
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were very disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express. We had a few concerns, one of which was the noise. It sounded as if the people above us were tumbling and jumping, and this noise continued until the wee hours of the morning, even after we complained to the front desk. Needless to say we did not sleep well our entire stay. The GM brushed off our concerns and did not seem interested in treating us as valued customers.We will not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We tried our best to be responsive to this guests' needs. We offered to move the guest to the upper floor where nobody would be above them but the guest did not want to switch rooms. We offered to move them to another hotel, which they declined. Eventually we refunded this guest one night room and tax. As the general manager of the hotel, guest concerns are always a top priority to me.
Maryland USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Fairly new property. Located off the main drag so it was vert quiet. Helpful staff. Very large breakfast area. Room was nice, bathroom was nice and bed was comfortable. Very reasonable price and I would recommend and stay there again. They have a pool as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I checked in about 7pm after a day of travel and meetings. The shower head in my room was broken off and rigged back on with a regular phillips head screw. You were not able to shower in the room which is what I wanted to do after a long day. I called the front desk and was put on hold after telling my concerns. The front desk after 10 minutes on hold came back on and said they were booked and would have to see what they can do. They called me back in fifteen minutes and said to come down to the front desk to get a new room key (no apologies for the room). I went to the new room, dropped off my luggage and went to dinner. When I returned a further review of the room showed the shower was fine however the toilet seat was broken and went to the side held on by one bracket. For a new facility the shower caulking was flaking off and you could see black marks in the tub area. When I went to bed there is a platform it sits on which squeaks when you move on the bed. I didn't bother calling the front desk with the response of myself being a bother earlier so I went to bed. In the middle of the night I was awaken by someone above me simply walking around in their room. Sound proofing is needed in this hotel. It was almost like basketball being played. when I woke up from my few hours of sleep and the sun was out you could notice in the room along the wall edge the carpets were filthy with dirt and dust about two inches out from the wal. When I left I went to the front desk to tell my concerns and before I could say anything the staff said thank you for staying and walked away behind a wall. I will not stay here again. For a New facility the entire staff needs to be trained on Hospitality, Cleanliness, and General Maintenance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express in Mason, OH was a great place to stay! My room was very nice, the king size bed was very comfortable. The Customer Service was outstanding the price was right and the continental breakfast was a plus. One small thing, the bathroom did not have an exhaust fan. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason? Share your experiences!