“Discrimination” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kirkwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mason
Kirkwood Inn
You added Kirkwood Inn to your Saves list
4027 US 42, PO Box 644, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Stamford
“Discrimination”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I contacted this hotel about its accomodations for same-sex partners, hoping to talk with them to make sure that they were okay with us visiting, and inquiring as to whether they thought this would be an issue, as I am familiar with the area and it is somewhat conservative. I got no response via e-mail. I sent a follow-up e-mail to the same address. I got no response. I sent a THIRD e-mail under a different name just asking about general room availability with no mention of my partner, and received a response that night indicating they had availability, would like to have me stay, and please confirm the dates. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We often stay at the Kirkwood to visit family and nearby events. The service is ALWAYS excellent. A breakfast is provided in a historic home that adds to the pleasure of the stay. We recommend this hotel whenever you are in southeast ohio - especially in Lebanon or Mason!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
lincoln park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

found this place on the internet it was so cheap had some dobut about it but man u get way more then what the price is a great hot breakfast great staff that go out of there way for u if u need a place to stay this is it. u just stay there to understand ive told everybody i know about it me and my wife are going back every month its five mins from evrything

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Catawba, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

The Kirkwood Inn is fantastic! My husband & I were married at the OH Renaissance festival. We go to the Renaissance festival every year to celebrate our anniversary. Kirkwood Inn is a great value, convenient to everything, very clean, GREAT staff;GREAT owner,VERY accommodating & eager to please her guests. Enjoy a GREAT breakfast buffet in beautiful historic Kirkwood house. Breakfast buffet includes hot, cold foods; fruit; pastries , protein foods,juices,milk ,coffee.The breakfast buffet includes waffles made to order! All the food is delicious!On vacation usually like to sleep in, we wake up early so we do not miss this wonderful breakfast!After breakfast enjoy a stroll through the beautiful gardens.HIGHLY recommend Kirkwood Inn! This is why we return year after year!Go to Kirkwood Inn website for additional info and pictures of this terrific Inn!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I found the Kirkwood Inn online and it saved us at least $100 for 2 nights. Good location for Kings Island, Lebanon & Cincinnati shopping, and Springboro dinner theatre. It provides friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms & grounds, and lovely breakfast in an interesting, historic building.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Wonderful independent inn/motel/B&B. Very clean, minutes from King's Island, lovely grounds and gardens (that's right, gardens!), friendly people, and a breakfast buffet in a charming historical house to boot! The rooms are standard motel layout, but charming, fresh and clean. What a difference being a only a couple of miles away from the park; quiet without a peep of highway noise. The breakfast is simple, but includes fruits, cereals, fresh muffins and breakfast breads, fresh biscuits, as well as a couple of hot entrees such as eggs, a meat or two, pancakes etc. and surprisingly decent coffee (yes, I'm a coffee snob). I called a couple of months before our trip and they put together a package for three nights, including two days of park tickets and parking passes, at a terrific price. Unless it's been updated, the Inn's website does not do it justice. If you are headed to King's Island (great park by the way!) do yourself a favor an call the Kirkwood Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We didn't get to go to the Kirkwood Inn. We had to cancel our trip. Their cancellation policy has a 48 hour notification clause. I notified them by email 72 hours in advance of our first stay date. I guess I should have used the telephone.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!