“A good choice for the area. Inexpensive, nice grounds and breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kirkwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mason
Kirkwood Inn
4027 US 42, PO Box 644, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Mason
New Jersey
“A good choice for the area. Inexpensive, nice grounds and breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I picked the Kirkwood Inn because I wanted a place to stay in Mason, and I couldn't find a reservation with the rest of my family at other big name hotels. It was a good choice. I especially liked the well cared-for grounds, the beautiful garden, the main house, and the 6:30-10:00 breakfast.I didn't bring my suit, but the pool looked inviting. My room was fairly standard. The pillows, sheets, and duvet were very comfortable!! Lighting very good. The staff was very welcoming and nice. There was a slight motel smell in the room, and the tub floor was a bit old looking, kind of grayish. I wanted to open the window, but could not. Other than that, I was completely satisfied. I would take a room on the other side, not near the pool, next time. The second floor would be good, too.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room on the side away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our family decided to take a mini vacation to Kings Island. A big part of our plan was to stay overnight so as to not be over tired on the way home (We live in Indianapolis, Indiana, just a 3hr drive). We choose to stay at this lovely Inn. We were so impressed with the quality of care given to it's guests. The staff was warm and welcoming, the rooms were clean and comfortable.The pool was sparkling and beautifully lit at night.The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast we have ever had.I have special dietary needs, the staff was helpful in heating some of my items I had brought and did so as if it were not an interruption to their busy schedule. It was like being in someones home rather than a hotel. We will be returning to this spot many times over. The youngest member in our group declared "This is our special place to go to every time we visit Kings Island." Everyone in our group responded with a hearty "Absolutely" So thank you to the staff at Kirkwood Inn for making our stay one filled with pleasant memories.

Room Tip: I had commented about having arthritis and the staff made sure I had a ground floor room. Also I had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day visit to the Kirkwood Inn. We originally booked the 2 night with 2 two day passes to King's Island but we were enjoying ourselves and the Kirkwood so much we extended our stay an additional night. From the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast service, everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful from recommendations for dining to suggestions for activities. The gardens are beautiful so make sure to spend some time exploring. We ate in the dining room our first two mornings but decided to enjoy the outside dining area by the gazebo for our last breakfast. The buffet is more than enough and varied from morning to morning but always included biscuits, gravy, eggs, fresh fruits, breads along with hot and cold cereals, coffee, tea and juice.
We had a double room which was spotless and included a coffee maker and larger than average refrigerator. We made use of both as well as the free Wifi.
The Kirkwood is a short drive to King's Island but a world away from the hustle and bustle of the chain hotels by the interstate. We will stay here whenever we visit the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
columbus ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our first visit to the Kirkwood Inn will not be our last! We have family living in Mason and were attending a graduation. Relatives house was full, so we decided to stay at Kirkwood after discovering it on the internet. We were pleasantly surprised to find clean rooms with elegant decor (right down to the lighting and seating), a beautiful pool area with lush plants and vast seating and dining areas, an English garden area that connects with walking paths and seating through the cool wooded property, a gazebo with rockers for relaxing in the shade, and the most beautiful historic house, where breakfast is served. The 1799 house, fully restored, has beautiful furniture and decor, and several long, elegant tables to visit and dine with other guests, or several smaller, more intimate seating areas to dine for one or two.
The food was unlike any other complimentary continental breakfast I've ever seen. A large selection of muffins, bagels, donuts,and pastries, as well as eggs, ham, oats, fresh fruit, bread pudding (really different and out of this world!), and much more.
All employees and the owner are friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. I will be looking for reasons to be in the Mason area, just to stay at Kirkwood again!

Room Tip: Two story, outside access to rooms, and if on ground level, parking is right outside your door. Room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for our anniversary and couldn't have been happier we did. The gardens are beautiful and peaceful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. We purchased the pkg that included a queen size rm with dinner at a local restaurant, when the staff realized that the restaurant we choose was closed the night we wanted they made special arrangements with the restaurant of our choice to accommodate us AND then upgraded us to a king rm with jacuzzi! That's exceptional customer service! Will definitely go back! We really enjoyed eating breakfast in the farmhouse and on the patio.

Room Tip: Spend time in the garden and be sure to try the breakfast in the old farmhouse!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went on the date night train ride in Lebanon and then we stayed at the Kirkwood Inn. I expected it to be a large house that we stayed in and then breakfast downstairs, but I was very wrong. There is a small Inn that is very nice and clean. Then in the morning, you go to a beautifully restored home on the property for breakfast. It was just like going back home. There was a very nice lady making breakfast and you just served yourself. Everything was delicious. Although, the setup was much different than I imagined, it was still very nice. The staff was top notch! I couldn't have asked for more kind-hearted people willing to serve their guests. When we went it was very rainy so we didn't get to experience any of the gardens. Guess we'll have to go back to check that part out!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fox Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Kirkwood Inn for the second time while visiting my son and new grandson. It is by far the nicest place to stay in Mason. As a senior I could park right next to my door which was very handy. The room was comfortable -- all you could ask for. The breakfast was the best I have ever experienced in all my hotel/motel stays. And the gardens are an experience not to be missed. My son, granddaughter and I all enjoyed walking the garden path and looking at the great variety of flowers. Plus there were many benches, chairs and tables for those of us who need an occastional rest. Just a wonderful place to stay! I will definitely stay there again on my next visit. Plus there is a nice pool for the kids.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast or the gardens.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!