“Close to KI” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in Mason
South Point, Ohio
“Close to KI”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped by Bob Evans to eat breakfast before heading to Kings Island, we were seated quickly. The service was good, the food was delicious. Although charging 2.69 for a UN-refillable glass of OJ is kinda ridiculous! Overall, it was good!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Excellent food, but, one of our meals was cold...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is typical Bob Evans, nice clean place to eat. Decent food and decent prices right now (the 3 course meal, includes dessert, for $9.99). This one has a full sized gift shop, sort of like a Cracker Barrel.

Visited August 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Sort of like a sad Cracker Barrel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are a family of four on a King's Island vacation and decided to try out Bob Evans as it is close to the hotel and their menu looked good on-line. We were completely unfamiliar with the chain but the Cracker Barrel type atmosphere got my wife excited and she was already planning our next trip to eat here within minutes of sitting down. And then the food came. My wife got the endless soup and salad meal and the house salad was refreshing but both types of soup she tried tasted like they came from a can. She thought the bean soup was bland and only ate about two bites of the baked potato soup as the "processed cheese" flavor put her off. The biscuits were good though. My wildfire bbq bacon burger was cooked beyond well done (I was not asked how I would like it cooked) and I had to put extra packets of mayo on it to eat it without choking. The bad thing is, I could tell all the moisture was cooked out of it before I even took a bite by the charred nature of the outside. I had a very similar burger at the Perkins across the street our first day here and it was fantastic. The fries and mac and cheese were good and the kids seemed to like their food fine. Staff was friendly enough but a little slow and chatty with each other when trying to get their attention. I voiced some disappointment as we left and the cashier did not deny that the soup was from a can. Best part of the meal were the cookies we bought to eat back at the hotel. I dropped fifty bucks here for a sub-standard lunch and we won't be returning on this trip or any trip. I would recommend spending the same money at Perkins and actually getting decent food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, United States
“Fresh salad.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

It is comforating to see a family name restaurant on your trip. The atmospere was very rustic and homey feeling. Better tasting food than other Bob Evans restaurants in our area. Would love to visit again when in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, Indiana
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

the foof was great and affodable and was within walking distance to hotel I would eat there again. The staff was very nice and food was served very fastly

Visited July 2013