“Not bad but I believe Olive Garden is better!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Ohio
“Not bad but I believe Olive Garden is better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't a fan of this place. Waitress was nice nod always on top of stuff but I believe food was over priced and not that great. Blackberry sangria was good but expensive. My son took me and his mother in law here for our Mothers Day dinner. We did call a head seating so wait wasn't bad. Food was a little bland and had a after taste I got the trio with chicken parm and lasagne . Son got steak . I should of got kids pizza it was good.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Reliable, but uninspired Italian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've eaten at Carrabba's in a number of different locations around the country. For reliable food it's a pretty good bet, but I wouldn't put it on the top of my list, particularly this location in Mason, Oh. Everything was just "okay", nothing was outstanding, except the great service we received.

The restaurant is one of their older model's and I think it's starting to show it's age. The newer Carrabba's have a much more open and brighter feeling. We didn't have reservations so we sat at in the bar area. They have a main bar and then a couple of long table behind the bar where you can drink before being seated, or you can eat and drink at the bar. The service was very good and efficient.

Pretty standard menu with all the usual Italian favorites. I had the prosciutto wrapped pork because it was only 600 calories. I had it with broccoli. I thought the taste was good and I liked the prosciutto instead of bacon. The pork was slightly overcooked, which I think is normal for chain restaurants.

We enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine with our dinner. Average wine selection, better on reds.

If you are in Mason and you need to have a quick Italian meal, I might consider this place, but if you have a car I'd probably look for a local place with more flavor.

I think management should try and upgrade the look of the place, inside and out because it's starting to show it's age. There are a lot of new places opening up in the area so I think this would be an important thing to do.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“One our favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We enjoy Carabba's for the food and the wine. This is a place we choose for our infrequent unwind meals out. Food and service has always been consistently good.

Pennsylvania
“Carrabba's hits a home run again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I know this restaurant is similar to other restaurants of this theme, but I had no issues here. I had Veal Marsala and it was delicious. Most restaurant "chains " don't serve veal since since its not a money maker. Give it a try. You wont regret it. The side salad was typical, but the mixed side of vegetables were very good too. A combination of peppers, onions broccoli just to name a few were grilled to perfection.
Would I go there again? Depends on my mood. But yes.

Tennessee
“Excellent dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Having never been to a Carraba's before, knowing the high caloric content of most meals in Italian restaurants, I perused the menu and nutritional information online, in advance. I ordered the Proscuitto Wrapped Pork Tenderloins w/garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. My meal was excellent and I was the envy of our table of 7! Would definitely order it again! Service was excellent, too - attentive without being disruptive.

• Visited April 2014