“Great Find in Suburbs!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Find in Suburbs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was looking for a new restaurant to try somewhere near Maineville, OH and found Phoenician Taverna bases on reviews. It's in a strip mall so I would have normally passed it by but am so glad I tried it.

To start we ordered a glass of Malbec and a Lebanese beer. The alcohol menu is adequate and prices are extremely reasonable. Next time we'll probably order a bottle of wine. We ordered the walnut dip based on the recommendation of our server. It was flavorful, rich and different from anything I've had before. The pit bread was delicious and also came with a great olive oil and sesame seed dipping sauce.

We decided to order another appetizer, the stuffed meatballs, and to split the meat grape leaves entree. Both were also different from anything I've had before but were delicious. Normally I stick with kabobs and I'm glad I tried some new dishes.

The service was great, the restaurant is modern and cute and we left spending less than $50 for dinner on a Friday night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Lebanese restaurant in the USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We moves to tge US 2 years ago and despite all our travel (NYC, DC, Vegas) we have to say that we have not found better, more authentic Lebanese food here in the US so far. Congrats to Wassim and his entire team!!!!

Springboro, Ohio
“A "Must Do" in Mason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Phoenician Taverna after a Lebanese coworker recommended it to my husband. The Phoenician is located in a nondescript strip plaza but don't let that dissuade you. Everything is delicious, freshly prepared with locally purchased produce. We started with the Spiced Aged Feta...did I mention the just out of the oven homemade pita?...outstanding. This is where I started making my portions smaller so I could savor the items a bit longer. We then had a vegetarian sampler of Mezza which is normally offered only for lunch however we saw another patron eating it and asked our server who happily obliged. Wonderful. For the main entree we shared the mixed grill, which after all of the appetizers, left room for desert. We chose the Ashta and, after a nice conversation with the owner, he treated us with an order of Baklawa. The pairing of these two deserts ended the meal superbly. You don't have to be a "foodie" to appreciate all this restaurant has to offer.

• Visited July 2013
Mason, Ohio
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We live a mile away and, yet, found it by searching for another restaurant on TripAdvisor! This place has become a favorite.

You would never know by looking at the unassuming exterior, how beautiful the interior is with its open kitchen and contemporary casual decor. Everything is made fresh on premises (except they bring in Graeter's Ice Cream) and absolutely delicious! (Notable standouts: the walnut dip, the eggplant, the chicken, the steak, the lamb... everything on the menu.)

The hostess with the beautiful smile, the knowledgeable waitstaff and appreciative onsite owner, round out the meal and elevate dining to an experience.

We have been back many times and have always left looking forward to our next visit. (I dream of the pitas!)

Thank goodness for the Internet. Now I am hoping to give them word-of-mouth!

“Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our friends invited us out to one of their favorite neighborhood places and it is now one of ours. I wish we lived closer to get their more often. I cannot possibly explain how good this place was. It started with the vegetarian sampler platter. Great hummus. Baba was out of this world. I will spell everything wrong but the stuffed grape leaves and all else were great too. Bread was fantastic. I had the braised lamb for dinner and it was wonderful, the rice that came with it great. Service was great and the owner was good about touching the tables. Bar scene looked good too, Open kitchen was nice to see too. Only wish is for more of a beer selection or at least more local choices but Phoenician is not alone in this respect. I look forward to going back sometime soon!