“Great place off the Interstate!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Mason

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Mason to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4110 State Road 42, Mason, OH 45040-1931 (Formerly Americas Best Inn Mason)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great place off the Interstate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here one night as we were on our way back home just passing through. We used a coupon that was in one of those Red Guides that we picked up at a rest area. No problem using the coupon, it was an amazing deal too!! The first thing we noticed in the room was how clean it was and very well stocked! The service was great and very friendly, breakfast was good and the temperature in the room was nice! All in all, our family would recommend staying here and would gladly stay here again! Keep up the good work Patel family!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Laurel, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. My ten and twelve year old loved the indoor pool each night after long days of sight-seeing in nearby Cincinnati and Dayton. Mr. Patel, the owner, was very friendly and accomadating. The hotel is a bit dated, but Mr. Patel is working on updating. Our room was comfortable, freshly painted and had new bedding that is different from the photographs I had seen. Good breakfast with hot selections as well as fruit and yogurt. My children and I had a nice, quiet comfy stay at this hotel at an affordable price. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nitro, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel for a last minute weekend trip with our 2 year old. We were going to an event in downtown Cincinnati but wanted to stay away from the congestion of the city. This hotel was in a quiet area, it was affordable, and it had an indoor pool for the kiddo. The first thing I noticed was the service. The owner was absolutely amazing and friendly. He made sure our stay was a good one and I have never seen someone go so above and beyond for the guests. I really felt at home here. We had a great trip and it was mostly due to the friendly staff. The room was clean and I don't know if it was just me being exhausted from toting a 2 year old all day or what, but the king size bed was so comfortable. The pool was clean and the breakfast was yummy. You obviously get what you pay for, so if you are one of those picky people who want everything to be perfect and fancy, maybe not the hotel for you, but if you are looking for an affordable hotel with all the basics and the most friendly staff on the planet, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Not the typical low-end Choice hotel we've all come to expect. Harry Patel, proprietor and American Veteran, makes the stay worthwhile with honest hospitality.

It may be a bit hard to spot the hotel building, due to being partially hidden from the street's intersection by a car wash, but MANY jewels are hidden. Perhaps this makes them try even harder to please guests. Whatever the reason, it works, and the location is quiet and secluded.

Very nice accommodations.

In room;
modern renovation, comfortable king bed, plentiful thick towels (no need to ask for extras), heavy sheets, warm blankets. (the in-room towels are even folded into interesting shapes, as sometimes seen on cruise ships!)

Common areas;
a warm indoor pool, and extensive breakfast layout.

Guest service; exemplary.

Upon learning that pool-time without other guests children present was desired, Harry OFFERED us additional access to the pool. I didn't even have to ask. Note that this was VERY off season, or it may not have been possible. The point is that he wanted to make every guest happy by anticipating our conflicting desires, and succeeded. Every guest got exactly what they wanted. Happy kids, happy adults.

My party's arrival was much later then expected on the first night. Upon learning this, Harry allowed the breakfast area to stay open substantially past the posted closing time to accommodate us the next morning - without my needing to ask. Most hotels would say "no" even if you requested this, just so they can save a few corn flakes. No one has ever done this for me gratuitously. Harry did.

Housekeeper was remarkable. I accidentally left some cash and coins on the floor when leaving for the day ($14.81 to be exact). When I returned, the floor was vacuumed, and the money was picked up and stacked on the desk. Not a penny missing or taken as "A tip". I mentioned this to Harry and he explained that he REQUIRED housekeepers to spend about twice the normal time cleaning each room as a minimum. I'm not the neatest person, but my room looked great each day.

Overall, it was a great stay for each of us for less than sixty bucks per night (off season) . I've certainly spent more, and gotten much less. I look forward to staying again for opening weekend at kings island, which is located very nearby. Harry, If you read this because a future guest points it out to you, let me say "hello" and "thanks". We'll see you soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Saint Paris, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are looking for a nice and affordable Hotel to stay at not far from Kings Island with an indoor heated pool I highly recommend this place. We stayed for 3 nights and had no problems what so ever. The Hotel is located out of the city limits sort of in the country but you can drive to many restaurants, movie theater and shopping. As another reviewer stated the owner is one of a kind to say the least and with this we agree, Harry seems like type that will go the extra mile to make his customers happy. We were there just for a get away and will definitely go there again for more get aways and maybe next time bring the grandkids. We stayed the weekend after valentines day and just had a great time.

Room Tip: This I would not worry about Harry will take care of you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I highly recommend this location because the level of service you recieve and the care you get is far above any expectations. The owner is one of a kind to say the least. He gave me a free upgrade with the multiple night stays. (4) straight to be exact. I was in town on business. I will not only recommend this location to you. You can trust me when I say I will definately be staying here again. I want to thank the owner his lovely wife and beautiful daughter for insuring my stay was as comfortable as it could be. See you soon !!!!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the jacuzzi suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

After a very hard breakup, I was in need for a place to stay for a little bit! After searching many different hotels in the Cincinnati area, I decided to choose this hotel because of the price compared to the other hotels. Once I arrived at the hotel, the staff was very friendly, outgoing and helpful. The room issued to me was lovely! King size pillow top was very comfortable and relaxing. I had a desk area where I used to use my computer and complete paperwork. High speed internet is really high speed internet. "FREE BREAKFAST" was great. I was kinda worried about having house keeping coming in while I was at work to clean but they are as friendly as the staff. I felt so safe with house keeping, I could leave $100 cash on the desk and they wont touch it. Never needed to call for new towels, face towels or sheets. They was on top of it. I give Quality Inn in Mason 5*s!!! I will never use another hotel besides this on! I lived in the hotel for about 5 weeks and loved it. THANKS GUYS see ya new years #CM240

Room Tip: Both floors are very quiet The rooms on the left side face the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Mason? Share your experiences!