“Ok for the price, staff nice” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Northeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9918 Escort Dr, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ok for the price, staff nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just an OK stay. Small property, no business conference area and since I don't travel with a laptop or tablet, was a bit problematic for me. I arrived on a Sat, where there was a huge soccer tournament in town. I asked to be away from the teams since I have been there, done that as a soccer mom. They were very nice and put me on the 4th floor. This was fine 1st night, but Sun when I got in very late I found out the elevator was broken so had to haul up 3 flights only to find out my key wouldn't work. Aargh. A nice neighbor offered to call to the desk for me and someone brought me a key in just a couple of minutes. Nice touch. But elevator still was not working in the morning so I had to klunk down 3 flight with my luggage. Breakfast was only so-so, they were already out of most items by 9. Couldn't get compensation for room, since it was a Priceline room. But when I wrote the manager when I got home, I was given a voucher for a free night next visit..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of having to stay here for one night, and that was certainly enough. The staff were not all friendly on arrival, looked like they couldnt care less even if they had tried. The room was so basic and smelt so badly of stale smoke, it had old fixtures and looked like it hadnt had any updates in years. I was just happy to get out of there the next morning. I didnt stay for the breakfast, as the room was bad enough. The only reason for the 2 stars was that the location, its close to the highway and that was its one and only redeeming feature.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Property and room were clean, friendly, helpful staff. Stayed for three nights for a conference nearby. Close to shops and restaurants. Highway noise covered when fan was running. I would stay at this hotel and recommend it without reservation. Never heard and rarely saw other guests, nice and quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Knox Vegas, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is an okay hotel, in a good location for Kings Island, and reasonably priced. However, they are not friendly to Hotwire or Priceline bookings.

Recently we booked a couple of rooms, one for three adults. They initially gave us a single king for 3 people to share. When I inquired about this, the answer was basically if you book through Hotwire, you get what they feel like giving you. I asked what would happen if we had 4 people (which we were going to book at one point), I was told the same thing, 1 bed for 4 if that's what they feel like. She then went on to say for Hotwire they were authorized to put up to 5 people in a room with only one bed. The attitude given was very unprofessional and condescending. They did have doubles available which I could have, for a price. There was no way the sleeping arrangements could work for this situation, so I had no choice but to pay the extra fee demanded (keep in mind, the room for 3 cost more on Hotwire also). The next morning, I asked a different clerk about this policy, and although he was nicer, he confirmed their handling of Hotwire reservations.

So to sum up, okay hotel, lousy policies, and some unprofessional staff. If you book straight through them, or Hotwire for only 2 people, you should be okay. More than 2 on Hotwire...run away!
If you're going, there is a Lonestar and a Wendy's in the next parking lot, and plenty of others within a short distance. It's one exit away from Kings Island.

Room Tip: This place has smoking rooms, and allows pets. Try to get a smoke free non-dog room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, and have been very happy with our stay. The employees are very nice, and we had a lovely chat with the young man who is the manager. He was very helpful, even though he was dealing with the elevator being down he was handling all of this quite well. The elevator being down was not his doing, so we hope the other guest were cordial to him and his staff as well. We will be coming back, this is our favorite hotel when we are in this area visitng family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here one night after coming in from dayton was close to the highway but of course it's also was noisy the room was nicely remodeled and breakfast was decent. GlutenFree offering such as Yoplait and quaker oatmeal that I could eat hard-boiled eggs fruit
And I like the towels they were thick

• Stayed October 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!