“Nice meeting space” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Mason
Fairfield, Ohio
“Nice meeting space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

We booked at the Marriott Northeast since the other Marriott properties we normally use in Cincinnati were booked (West Chester, Kingsgate). The hotel is relatively easy to get to, but be warned about heavy traffic during rush hour.

The lobby was nice and open; the staff very friendly in helping our people locate our meeting rooms. We were originally given the Kenwood, but it looked more like a bowling alley than a meeting room, so we asked to switched to the Blue Ash Room. What a difference!

The event staff was very helpful, especially when adding additional tables and refreshing the coffee/beverages throughout the meeting.

The hotel rooms themselves were standard Marriott-level rooms.

My only complaint is their event menu, since the only modestly priced option was a cold-cut selection. However, the desserts were sinful! And when one of our managers missed lunch because of a conference call, the staff brought him a meal at no charge.

While the hotel itself is far away from the Dayton and Cincinnati aiports (about a 40 minute cab ride), I would definately choose it for a company event in the area.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Traffic getting to the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you don't arrive during rush hour
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

I too am a Marriott Rewards Member I finally reached Gold and I am a few nights away from Platinum. However, this hotel seems to be courteous and friendly to everyone that passes through their doors. I was only there for 2 nights but I could have stayed on. The room was kept clean; my meals were delivered promptly and steaming hot. One review mentioned having to pay for internet and I too thought about that for a moment, but then I remember a not to be named hotel where the service was free but were the broadband width or what ever was so slow because so many people were on it I was unable to use it to be productive at work or even surf the web. I ended up having to leave the hotel and find hot spots around the city to work. I would rather pay the fee and know that I am getting a reliable connection. Hat's off to this Marriott. Keep up the Bath and Body Works Product

Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

I'm a Marriott Elite member, so I stayed here several times for business over the Summer.
The Good:
Great amenities and very close to P&G. Clean and inviting, friendly staff. Convenient parking. Lively restaurant & bar.
The Bad:
Room Service was cold & had to call & "remind" them after waiting an hour for my order. $12 personal pizza was still frozen in the middle. Housekeeping was terrible, leaving ditry dishes & not replacing towels or coffee many times. I complained, but it was never remedied. Highspeed internet is only available for a fee.

For the price - about $160 per night, there are better options nearby. Try Marriott Springhill Suites, $40 less per night, free internet & free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
Charleston WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

My family stayed at this hotel during a weekend trip to Kings Island and it was great from the time we stepped in the door. We were treated with prompt and courteous service. Housekeeping was quick and efficient to our needs. The pools were great and service at the outdoor pool was a nice treat. I would encourage anyone in the area to stay here. Excellent!

Stayed July 2005
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

We stayed here during a recent trip to Kings Island; even though Marriotts are "business-friendly" this hotel was very nice and clean and had no problems accommodating us.
The room was clean; they have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool which was very nice.
I would recommend this hotel for families looking for a nice place to stay and relaxing after going to Kings Island or other attractions in Cincinnati.
This hotel seemed to be within 10 minutes of Kings Island.
It maybe a little pricey, but I thought it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

Would highly recommed a stay here if you are visiting the Cinci area. We were in town for a golf outing (spent 4 nights), this was a great location for a day at Kings Island. The staff recommended the Newport Aquarium, also spent a day at the Zoo. KI is about 5 min away the other attractions 20-30 depending on traffic. The staff is absolutly some of the best we have ever encountered, everyone truly embraced the idea of "customer first". Wow!

• Stayed July 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

Definitely one of the best Marriotts I have stayed in. No other place worth considering to stay if you are doing business in the area.

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!