“Everything was good -- expect the A/C coming on/off all night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
“Everything was good -- expect the A/C coming on/off all night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Really, the title says it all. The workout room was good. The breakfast buffet was good and you could supplement it with a waffle or an omelet made to order. The rooms were nice. I think the pools were good, but too busy to go to them. If they could just give you a setting where you could put the fan on constantly, it would be perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at this Marriott for three nights while attending a business function in the area. Based on some of the reviews I'd read, I expected it to be clean but time worn and on the verge of seedy...this was definitely NOT the case. The lobby, in particular, is very attractive and welcoming with plenty of room and comfortable seating for guests and their visitors to relax. The furnishings are all up to date and well maintained. My guest room on the fifth floor was very nice. While it may not have had any distinctive features that would make it unique from other hotels, the decor was not dated, at least not in my opinion. The bedding was classic Marriott...super comfortable and smelled fresh and clean...no old bedspreads that get left on the bed from one guest to the next. The room was well equipped with everything you might expect from a nice hotel room. Plenty of outlets and ports for your computer, curling irons or whatever else you may need to plug in. The closet was large with plenty of hangers, an iron (with steam) and an ironing board. The iron was a decent one with plenty of settings...and a long cord, which was a plus. That may seem like a small detail, but that can make a world of difference if you are trying to watch tv. While the room did not have a mini fridge, they did provide two bottles of water and an ice bucket. I didn't realize they were there though until day three when I found them behind the tv. The desk serves a dual purpose...it pulls out to make an ample table for one to enjoy room service. A second person could eat if they didn't mind sitting on an arm chair in the room and using an end table as a snack tray. There is also an upholstered ottoman which would work nicely for the room service trays which happen to be quite large. Back to the closet...in the closet I was pleaseed to discover a thick white terry bathrobe...great for after the shower as the AC worked well, almost too well. Not a complaint for me though...I like a cool room. The bathroom had a assortment of bath products which were far nicer than the usual standard bar of soap and generic shampoo. I know some Marriotts use Bath and Body products which I love...these were another name, but equally appealing with "aromatherapy" scents. The bath linens were thick and absorbant and smelled super fresh and clean, like the sheets. I do think they need to refresh the "tread" on the bathtub though...I found it to be quite slippery. The shower curtains are the type that are on a curved rod which makes the shower feel far roomier. The tile is basic white, but it was clean with no dirty grout so I was very satisfied. There's a hair dryer which was a little weak for my thick hair, but for most people it would be fine. Overall, the room met my expectations for a Marriott (which happen to be high) and I think those who say it is outdated are being a little too harsh. It is standard hotel decor...but not old. On to other parts of the hotel...I used both the indoor and outdoor pools and had them to myself each time...there were very few kids running around this hotel. It seemed to be mostly business travelers and other adults. The indoor pool is a bit warmer than the outdoor pool. Both felt very clean...the absence of kids helped towards that impression, I'm sure! There is a well-equipped workout room that you must pass through to get to the pool. It looked like most of the machines were treadmill type machines and many were in use. I think there may have been some free weights too. The exercise room had plenty of room and was well maintained. The outdoor pool is free form and very inviting with a bricked patio area surrounding it. The tables have menus on them and there is a phone available if you wish poolside service. Beach like music plays over the speaker system which made for a pleasant "vacationy" feel to the patio/pool area. I ate in the restaurant on my last evening and would definitely recommend it. The lighting is a little on the dark side if someone was dining alone and wanted to read, but aside from that, the ambiance is very inviting and cozy. The food was terrific albeit a little high-priced, but that is to be expected from a hotel. I was interested in the Graeter's ice cream for dessert and the server was quite accommodating when I asked for a smaller portion. The price was cut in half for a two scoop dish instead of the standard "pint container" they typically bring. I also ordered room service for breakfast each day. On day one and two I ordered oatmeal and a pot of coffee...which is quite overpriced at $17 and some change after they add the built in service charge. It did come with a banana and a glass of icewater too, which helped to make the tray look at least a little more full. It was a huge bowl of oatmeal though...and came with a dish of brown sugar. Easily enough for two if you don't mind sharing a bowl! Their coffee is outstanding. A small pot gives you more than the two or three cups they say it provides. On the third day I ordered the continental breakfast which came with coffee, fresh OJ and a banana. It was about $14 after the built in service charge. There was a metal warming dish covering the plate - when I removed the cover, I was amazed to see a huge pile of danish and muffins...a total of SIX different pastries! Considering it included the pot of coffee (which is normally over $6.00) and the fresh OJ (which is about $4.00) purchased a la carte...and a banana, I thought this was a decent deal. If you want something to feed 3 or 4 people...one continental breakfast is likely to be adequate. You'd have to fight over the OJ and the banana, but the pastries are ample, as is the coffee. There are styrofoam cups in the bathroom by the coffee maker if you want to share the coffee. By the way, I didn't try the coffee maker...I can NEVER get those things to work, so I can not comment on if this one was any good or not. Back to the room service...the same lady brought my tray each time. Her name was Christine. She is such an asset to the Marriott organization...the epitome of stellar customer service! By day two she had already charmed me with her sweet personality, but she went "over the top" when she told me about umbrellas that were available to guests down by the front door. I had no clue that these were available...so given the forecast for rain, I was very appreciative of her sharing this info with me. But what topped it off was when about five minutes later I heard a knock on the door...there she stood with an umbrella for me! She darted off quickly making it obvious that she did this just as a kind favor to me and not in an effort to get another gratuity. On day three, I had the fun pleasure of surprising her with a little box of chocolates that I happened to have brought with me from my home state. She gave me a big hug and we became instant friends. That's how this hotel is...very business oriented...but VERY friendly! I would absolutely recommend this hotel without any hesitation. From a practical standpoint, it's surrounded by a myriad of dining options within safe walking distance, and conveniently located by the highway exit. My company paid for the hotel expense...it's probably more than I might spend on my own, but not because it isn't worth it. It was worth every dime. I should add that I am giving the "spa" an excellent rating, although this didn't have any spa! I am attributing the rating to the pool and excercise areas.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what might set one room apart from another in this hotel.
Green Features: There is an option provided to reuse bath linens...I was happy to accommodate this request with some of my towels that were only marginally used.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I like the location and the service is great. Staff goes out of their way to help. Food is acceptable but I prefer to eat at the many nearby restaurants. Shopping is nearby , nice mall and easy to park down the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our father travels often for work and basically has been living at this hotel for 2 months while working in the Cincinnati area. We live in the Chicago area sand drove up for fathers day weekend and decided to stay with him at the hotel for a few days. What the hotel lacks in updated decor, they make up in incredible service. The hotel is close to the highway and also a lot of eating options as well as shopping. If you ask the front desk they have a whole list of great options to give you. The hotel has two pools (indoor/outdoor), a workout room and a few different ways you can get in or out which is convenient as the parking lot fills up. My dad hosts meetings for his company here and says the staff always does an awesome job for them and continue to book for upcoming events. The restaurant does a good job with the menu and offers a good array of options for a foodie at heart.

Room Tip: If you have many people ask for the suite and the room next to the suite as you can then open all th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here one night while in town for a course. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. The facilities are very nice. The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped. The restaurant had standard hotel fare. The location is good with good access to major highways.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I regularly use this hotel for my business travel to Cincinnati. Located convenient place just outside of the highway exit. It is not a very new facility. However, it is maintained well and make may stay comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
cookeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were moving our son to Cincinnati and are Marriott Rewards members, so had an e ticket to use and picked this hotel. Boy, are we glad that we did! Lobby was beautiful and check in was fast and friendly. We arrived late as the move was long and draining AND we looked AWFUL, but the girl was as nice as could be. The manager on duty was Micah - very nice and they are lucky to have him at the Marriott. Room was quiet for a Saturday night and beds comfortable. Our son lives close by now and will definitely stay at this hotel again. You cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: We were to the north side and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!