We spent three nights here during the Western and Southern Open (tennis tourney), so the hotel was beautifully decorated with all things tennis. We enjoyed many amenities here from the indoor and outdoor pools to excellent customer service to fabulous bar food and reasonably priced drinks, to the coffee stand with Starbucks and take-out croissants, breakfast muffins, and yogurt in the lobby, to a quiet, very clean king-sized room on the fourth floor. There was no charge for parking, and always plenty of spots even during this huge event. Meanwhile, the tennis channel is piped into the hotel for this event. While we didn't use the fitness room, it seemed to be well-equipped and was always busy. There is a fee for in-room Internet use, but there is also a nice business center available to guests at no charge off the lobby.
Only a couple of things could use improvement... The pools (indoor and outdoor) were on the chilly side. We understand not heating the outdoor pool in August, but the indoor pool could certainly stand to be a couple of degrees warmer, particularly since there's no hot tub. The breakfast buffet, while very plentiful, was on the very expensive side ($52 for two people, which included 20% gratuity). Buying everything a la carte was equally expensive; a glass of orange juice would have been $5 (although juice and coffee WERE included in the buffet price of $20/person). Really, our only other complaint was that on two separate evenings, we had difficulty with a sheet and mattress pad that kept trying to come off one corner of the bed while we were sleeping. These were all small complaints, however, and the good far outweighed the bad here.
Unlike the breakfast prices, the bar food was excellent, filling enough for a late dinner (in front of the big screen TVs showing evening matches, of course), and reasonably priced. We ordered tapas, and for about $27 + gratuity, had two excellent crab cakes, three cheeseburger sliders, and a container of spicy, hot shrimp served over an excellent coleslaw. People we were sitting with raved about the wings, as well. We also tried the fried pickles -- delicious!
If you're a tennis fan and here for the annual tournament, be sure to hang out in the lobby in the morning with your coffee. We saw dozens of players, many of them world famous. We didn't interrupt them (while tempting), but it definitely adds to the entire tennis experience.
Overall, a terrific stay. We will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Hotel
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Hotel Mason
- Marriott Mason
- Marriott Hotel Mason
- Mason Marriott
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Mason, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the suburb of Mason, Ohio and minutes from offices, attractions, shopping and more, the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast is an ideal destination for every traveler. Guests enjoy our family-friendly hotel, offering spacious rooms with all the comforts of home, an outdoor pool and casual American cuisine at RiverCity Grille & Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Cincinnati Marriott Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.