we stayed here in July 2013 for four nights. It's a very nice Marriott property, with a nice large airy lobby and good rooms.
1) customer service here is really amazing. They definitely try to go out of their way to make everyone comfortable and happy, and that goes a long way with me.
2) the rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable (although very soft). Everything was clean.
3) the workout facilities and the pools were all well maintained.
4) the lobby is great for gathering and chatting, with lots of little nooks and sitting areas that can be semi-private.
5) the food we had for both room service and in the restaurant was good.
6) they definitely cater to sports teams, as there were at least 5 or 6 staying there during our stay. we didn't have any issues with the normal running and screaming in the hallways. The noise level, considering the amount of kids, was good.
7) we had one minor issue with the room, and the next morning, we had a call, an email, and a card under the door apologizing for it. I thought that was pretty good.
8) if you have access to the concierge level, they have a light breakfast and cocktails in the evening. Although there really weren't any snacks (just bags of chips), it was nice to be able to go and get a cold drink in the evening. the wait staff for both was very helpful.
1) this may be more of a me issue.... but they have the coffee maker in the bathroom. To me, that's so gross. there's a perfectly good desk in the bed area where it could be. I did NOT use the coffee maker.
2) we could NOT find a luggage rack to save our lives for the entire first day we were there. This sounds like a small deal, until it's time to lug in all of our stuff, which we had to do by hand. get more luggage racks or have bellman on staff at all times!!