“Someone actually cares!!!!! I didn't know this kind if customer service still existed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Marriott Northeast

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mason
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have to say, I'm still in shock about how pleased I was with my hotel
Stay this weekend. The hotel was in a great location, clean, inviting, & obviously well run with an emphasis on making customers happy. We stayed with my son's soccer team & I was pleased at every turn...from the front desk/checkout, to the attention to detail regarding how they welcomed sports teams, to
the facilities...I could go on & on. However, I am most impressed about something they actually did wrong! We returned to our room about 3:00 after a long day of soccer to find our room still had not been serviced. I proceeded to call the front desk & report that our room had inadvertently been missed (we saw housekeeping just a few doors down before we left). First, I got at immediate apology. Then, someone came within minutes to make the beds & provide fresh towels. Then, they returned a few hours later to check if we needed anything else. Then, we received a phone message from the manager of the hotel, apologizing & requesting that we call
Him directly if we had any other issues, along with informing us our Marriott rewards account would be credited with 500 pts. THEN, the next morning we received a card under our door with another apology & a voucher for a free Starbucks drink. THEN, I received another email of apology!!! I know people make mistakes. It happens, it just does. But, when an establishment goes to this length to make a wrong, right, they have won a lifelong customer in me! Another member of my son's team mentioned at checkout there was a small ant issue in her room, and the clerk refused to charge her for 1 out of her 2 night's stay! I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Someone in-charge is doing something right & it's trickling down. This single stay made a Marriott customer out of me...I'll Pass every other hotel around, if there is Marriott in sight.

• Stayed April 2013
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We believe that a problem is simply an opportunity to create a loyal customer for life. I'm happy to see that our team exceeded your expectations. You and your business matter. Thank your selecting the Marriott NE!!

David Lanterman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

One of our favorite hotel experiences. The staff of this hotel are amazing, in their training, attitude, and helpfulness. It's a pretty property, located near all of Mason's commercial and business parks, nicely decorated and comfortable.
Did I mention the staff? Examples: My wife was going down the corridor to get ice, and an assistant manager she passed asked to get the ice for her, and brought it to the room. On our first stay we booked late and got a room close to the elevator, with a little noise. When we returned two weeks later for another stay, and reported that, we were upgraded with an apology, to the concierge level.
A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Susieq71 -

Thank you very much! My team appreciates the kind words. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Cincinnati!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

It appears the other reviewers have said it all but I was so impressed with the people at this hotel I had to write a review.
These people could - and I wish they would!- teach all other hotel employees how to treat their customers. First, a warm and welcoming check in where the staffer came around to the front of the counter to hand me my room key and further, she walked me to the elevator! Impressive! Lunchtime restaurant servers, host and manager were exemplary: chatting, providing useful trivia about the menu, and checking in on me throughout the meal. While all of this could certainly be trainable the thing I think sets them apart is I truly believe they were being authentic in their desire to make my stay a good one.
The hotel is an older property in a niche location away from the city, but I would stay here again when in the area simply to be welcomed back into this wonderful environment the nice folks here have created.

• Stayed April 2013
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This older Marriott needs a facelift; however the service has been very impressive. Whenever there is an issue, the staff is all over the problem. The staff takes Platinum Members very seriously and they are not afraid to go above and beyond to remedy a situation.
The concierge lounge is better than other Marriott's and Debbie is wonderful. She makes you feel at home when away from home. Dave is the GM and he is a level-headed leader that wants to ensure your stay is very pleasant.

Room Tip: The rooms away from elevator and concierge lounge are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Todd -

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback is valuable. I will share your positive comments with Debbie. I agree, she is quite impressive. In my opinion, we have the best two concierge attendant's in Marriott.

I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. On behalf of all Northeast team members, thank you for staying with us. You and your business matter.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

True to Marriott's core values, this property provides an excellent customer experience. The leadership of the property is phenominal, the sales staff goes out of their way and the associates working at the property are dedicated to ensuring every guest is welcomed and satisfied. I highly recommend anyone traveling to Mason, Ohio stay at this property. You will not be disappointed! David Lanterman is leading an excellent property for Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks, Keith -

While I appreciate the personal recognition, it's the other 115+ team members that make it happen, day in and day out. I am very fortunate to lead them. Our sales and operations team continue to lead the brand in sales and service rankings. They understand that repeat business is key to achieving our goals.

Your business is important to us. We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for your loyalty to Northeast. You make a difference!

david.lanterman@marriott.com
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I’m writing this review to commend the service of one of the assistant general manager, Brandt Tiffany. Last weekend my wife and I enjoyed the property for a few nights. Our plans were to meet in Atlanta on Thursday night and fly together to Cincinnati. Unfortunately my flight out of Columbia, SC, had a mechanical issue I was only able to get as far as Atlanta and had to spend the night there while she continued to Cincy.

So Friday morning, with little sleep and 2-day-old clothes I dragged myself in to the lobby of the Marriott and started looking around for my wife. Brandt took the initiative to offer help and soon we were reunited. In the process, I explained to him that the flight delay had caused us to miss our Valentine’s rendezvous, but this was only mentioned in passing.

We had to drive up to Dayton for a lunchtime appointment. When we returned Mr. Tiffany had left a bucket of champagne, a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries, and a cheerful card wishing us well. I must say that this was so unexpected and appreciated that it brightened our day immensely.

As consultants, we both travel professionally 40+ weeks out of the year. These days, about the only thing we notice about hotel service is if it’s not good. Mr. Tiffany went out of his way to do something that reminded us that not only is our patronage is appreciated, but there is still room for an act of human kindness.

Marriott is fortunate to have Brandt Tiffany in their employ.

Room Tip: Upper floors are likely to suffer less from traffic noise. Fortunately the main wing of rooms is aw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Rkinder -

Wow! I'm very happy to hear about your experience at our hotel – especially regarding Brandt’s personal touch. I agree, we are lucky to have him. I have sent your comments to our entire management team and executive leadership. Our business model is pretty simple. Take great care of your customers like they were guests in your home.

We are glad you and your wife shared a memorable Valentine's Day at my hotel. It's clear by your response, neither of you are not shy to travel. That makes your comments even more valuable. We know you have a choice of hotels. On behalf of all Northeast team members, thank you for your business. We hope to serve you (and your wife) again in the near future.

Be well, -DAL

Cincinnati Marriott NE
San Juan Capistrano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The only reason to be here is for business and it's fine for that. Friendly midwesterners greeting you at the door, walking you to the elevator after checking you in, and wishing you well at every turn. The restaurant/bar is excellent (get the grilled salmon), the indoor pool and gym are bright and well-equipped, the rooms are newly renovated and clean as a whistle, there are plenty of plugs in the room, along with free Wi Fi (Marriott also knows that you're there for business). What's not to like?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
CATraveler7777 -

Thank you for the feedback on my hotel. I am happy to hear about your positive experience in the RC Grille. This week, we are very excited to feature a brand new menu. My personal favorite items are the Bacon Wrapped House Meatloaf and Pork Belly Cubano sandwich. Since you're clearly a seafood fan, we're now featuring three different sustainable catch options prepared your way. Additionally, as a former Baltimore resident, I can proudly claim our crabcake is the real deal! Chef's Stephanie Adkins and Jeff Poore are doing an excellent job offering healthy comfort food options with a twist. Please come back again.

I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast.

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!