“Best hotel service I've enjoyed in a long time” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9664 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Mason
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel service I've enjoyed in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

It appears the other reviewers have said it all but I was so impressed with the people at this hotel I had to write a review.
These people could - and I wish they would!- teach all other hotel employees how to treat their customers. First, a warm and welcoming check in where the staffer came around to the front of the counter to hand me my room key and further, she walked me to the elevator! Impressive! Lunchtime restaurant servers, host and manager were exemplary: chatting, providing useful trivia about the menu, and checking in on me throughout the meal. While all of this could certainly be trainable the thing I think sets them apart is I truly believe they were being authentic in their desire to make my stay a good one.
The hotel is an older property in a niche location away from the city, but I would stay here again when in the area simply to be welcomed back into this wonderful environment the nice folks here have created.

• Stayed April 2013

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This older Marriott needs a facelift; however the service has been very impressive. Whenever there is an issue, the staff is all over the problem. The staff takes Platinum Members very seriously and they are not afraid to go above and beyond to remedy a situation.
The concierge lounge is better than other Marriott's and Debbie is wonderful. She makes you feel at home when away from home. Dave is the GM and he is a level-headed leader that wants to ensure your stay is very pleasant.

Room Tip: The rooms away from elevator and concierge lounge are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Todd -

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback is valuable. I will share your positive comments with Debbie. I agree, she is quite impressive. In my opinion, we have the best two concierge attendant's in Marriott.

I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. On behalf of all Northeast team members, thank you for staying with us. You and your business matter.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

True to Marriott's core values, this property provides an excellent customer experience. The leadership of the property is phenominal, the sales staff goes out of their way and the associates working at the property are dedicated to ensuring every guest is welcomed and satisfied. I highly recommend anyone traveling to Mason, Ohio stay at this property. You will not be disappointed! David Lanterman is leading an excellent property for Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks, Keith -

While I appreciate the personal recognition, it's the other 115+ team members that make it happen, day in and day out. I am very fortunate to lead them. Our sales and operations team continue to lead the brand in sales and service rankings. They understand that repeat business is key to achieving our goals.

Your business is important to us. We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for your loyalty to Northeast. You make a difference!

At your service,

david.lanterman@marriott.com
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I’m writing this review to commend the service of one of the assistant general manager, Brandt Tiffany. Last weekend my wife and I enjoyed the property for a few nights. Our plans were to meet in Atlanta on Thursday night and fly together to Cincinnati. Unfortunately my flight out of Columbia, SC, had a mechanical issue I was only able to get as far as Atlanta and had to spend the night there while she continued to Cincy.

So Friday morning, with little sleep and 2-day-old clothes I dragged myself in to the lobby of the Marriott and started looking around for my wife. Brandt took the initiative to offer help and soon we were reunited. In the process, I explained to him that the flight delay had caused us to miss our Valentine’s rendezvous, but this was only mentioned in passing.

We had to drive up to Dayton for a lunchtime appointment. When we returned Mr. Tiffany had left a bucket of champagne, a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries, and a cheerful card wishing us well. I must say that this was so unexpected and appreciated that it brightened our day immensely.

As consultants, we both travel professionally 40+ weeks out of the year. These days, about the only thing we notice about hotel service is if it’s not good. Mr. Tiffany went out of his way to do something that reminded us that not only is our patronage is appreciated, but there is still room for an act of human kindness.

Marriott is fortunate to have Brandt Tiffany in their employ.

Room Tip: Upper floors are likely to suffer less from traffic noise. Fortunately the main wing of rooms is aw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Rkinder -

Wow! I'm very happy to hear about your experience at our hotel – especially regarding Brandt’s personal touch. I agree, we are lucky to have him. I have sent your comments to our entire management team and executive leadership. Our business model is pretty simple. Take great care of your customers like they were guests in your home.

We are glad you and your wife shared a memorable Valentine's Day at my hotel. It's clear by your response, neither of you are not shy to travel. That makes your comments even more valuable. We know you have a choice of hotels. On behalf of all Northeast team members, thank you for your business. We hope to serve you (and your wife) again in the near future.

Be well, -DAL

Cincinnati Marriott NE
San Juan Capistrano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The only reason to be here is for business and it's fine for that. Friendly midwesterners greeting you at the door, walking you to the elevator after checking you in, and wishing you well at every turn. The restaurant/bar is excellent (get the grilled salmon), the indoor pool and gym are bright and well-equipped, the rooms are newly renovated and clean as a whistle, there are plenty of plugs in the room, along with free Wi Fi (Marriott also knows that you're there for business). What's not to like?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
CATraveler7777 -

Thank you for the feedback on my hotel. I am happy to hear about your positive experience in the RC Grille. This week, we are very excited to feature a brand new menu. My personal favorite items are the Bacon Wrapped House Meatloaf and Pork Belly Cubano sandwich. Since you're clearly a seafood fan, we're now featuring three different sustainable catch options prepared your way. Additionally, as a former Baltimore resident, I can proudly claim our crabcake is the real deal! Chef's Stephanie Adkins and Jeff Poore are doing an excellent job offering healthy comfort food options with a twist. Please come back again.

I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in the middle of January. The check in process was quite quick and easy. I am a Marriott member and was given access to the executive lounge. There were free snacks (potatoes chips, water, finger foods, soda and beer. The lounge area was very comfortable and there were numerous business people having small meetings in the sitting areas.

The room, pictures attached was adequate. I called ahead and requested a refrigerator be placed in my room. There was a large convention going on and they could not guarantee a refrigerator for me. I was happy when I arrived and saw that they were able to find one for me.

This is a good hotel in the Mason area and I would stay here again if I returned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Trueohioplaya -

You were here during a very busy week! I'm glad to hear that you're experience was positive. We look forward to serving you again.

Be well, -DAL

david.lanterman@marriott.com
513.459.9800
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been staying at the Marriott Northeast on and off for the past several months while traveling to the Cincinnati area for business. I am very impressed with the level of service at this Marriott. From the moment I check in, I am taken care of like a VIP and I believe this is how they treat all of their guests. For example, "It's my pleasure" is the most common statement that I hear from the front desk staff, restaurant employees, and the bartenders and servers elsewhere in the hotel. If you stay at Ritz Carlton properties, you know that the first thing they learn is to respond to the guests with "its my pleasure". Ritz and Marriott merge definitely making it's mark on service here and obviously great management at this property. I stay at many Marriott properties in the US and abroad and I would rate this one higher than ANY on customer service. Great experience every time and I appreciate the consistency! I would highly recommend this property.

Rael -

As you referenced, we are very proud to be the annual host of the Western & Southern Open tennis tournament each year. It is a very exciting time for our associates. Our hotel transforms into an extension of the event - not just a hotel by the event. Last year, Moet & Chandon had a full tennis court in our lobby area! It is one of our favorite weeks of the year. I hope to see you with us again!

Your feedback and business matters. I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. On behalf of all Marriott Northeast team members, thank you for your business!

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!