“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Mason
Calhoun, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent the weekend here and although they had a large group meeting here, it was difficult to tell. The rooms were quiet and well appointed, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet at the River City Grill was hot, fresh and tasty. The servers there were especially attentive and happily provided my special order for takeout.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I-71 as there can be road noise at times.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We are proud to serve you and your family this past weekend. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally on your next visit. Your decision to stay us makes a difference to all 120 Northeast team members. On behalf of each and every one, thank you. Safe travels, -DAL

David Lanterman, GM

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Marriott Northeast Hotel in Mason, Ohio was again very nice and hospitable. This year was different than other years because they had a host of young AAU girls teams staying there. They were very quiet and well behaved. The only problem that I had was that my key kept locking me out each time I left the room, but the staff there was excellent and each time they cured the problem.

Room Tip: Might want to stay on the back side away from the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for your response. I cannot thank you enough for you business. We look forward to serving you again shortly.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We were in the cincinati area for 5 days for a basketball tournament. The staff of the Marriott went above and beyond our expectations. This hotel has a huge lobby and pool area that are great for large groups. Even though there is a bar & grill on site, the staff allowed us to order in meals for 40 people every night and seat everyone in the lobby. They even helped out with ice and silverware when we ran out. We couldn't ask for more. Would would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
First and foremost, I hope you and your team played well! We were very impressed with the level of talent this tournament boasted. We were proud to be the host hotel. I have shared your comments with my entire team. Your feedback matters. We are proud to be ranked within the top 5 Marriott's in Customer Service. We hope to see you next year! -DAL
Bristol PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This Marriott is just like any other in terms of the facility but the staff is unbelievably helpful and nice. They attitude of the staff is the most upbeat and congenial staff I have ever encountered. This staff could work at a Disney Resort. They are unbelievably friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Scalwag - I can't thank you enough for the kind comments. Our goal is to be the #1 ranked Marriott in North America for customer service. Your feedback will be shared with each and every member of my leadership team. chose to work in full service hotels because we are passionate about service and taking care of others. This type of feedback is gratifying for all 120 Northeast team members. I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Marriott NE. We look forward to serving you again!!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was great! It has a heated indoor pool and an outdoor pool with outdoor bar/grill walk up counter. Large lobby, many tvs for lounging around. A Starbucks in the lobby!! OUr room was very nice. We requested a refridgerator, so they brought one in. If you are a rewards member the consierge floor is great. There is breakfast and happy hour daily only on that floor. The gym is good for a hotel. There are free weights and a cable weight system, balls, treadmills and elliptical machines. All with personal tv sets and headphones. The hotel is right off I-70 and is in the middle of everything. Many restaurants very very close. Lots and Lots of shopping options. 5 miles to Kings Island. Definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a rewards member!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boyzmama - Your feedback regarding our lobby is appreciated. We recently completed a $1M renovation of our lobby and restaurant. We have included 5 different TV zones along with a fireplace, soft seating and Starbucks. I would invite you to dine in the RC Grill on your next visit. Since our renovation, our customers have ranked us within the top 10% in Restaurant Food Quality and Service. We are proud of the new concept. I'd strongly recommend our fish tacos. They are the staff's favorite.

Your feedback matters. I have forwarded your comments to my entire leadership team. All 120 Northeast team members will read your comments. You are a big deal!! We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.

David Lanterman
Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the misfortune to be caught without power after a vicious storm swept through Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago. Since it was so hot out and there were people in my family that couldn't tolerate (medically) a non-air conditioned status for longer than an hour or two, I had to scramble and find a hotel to stay for the night.

While the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast was not the closest hotel I could have gone to, it was definitely the best option at the time and in retrospect was better than other, closer alternatives. The communication was top notch, from questions over the phone about availability, pricing, and presence of electricity or A/C (I found out the hard way that some hotels have no problem offering me a sweltering room for $190 a night), to checking in at the front desk and promising enforcement of a curfew for the youth baseball teams at 10 PM, all the way to check out.

The room was very clean and well kept, and the furniture/bed was comfortable and tidy. Plus, there was electricity and A/C - what more could you ask for!! Just kidding, but the bathroom was great, not a complaint here.

In fact, there wasn't much to pick on, but here's the list:
- Vending machines not well stocked - this may have been a momentary lapse, but I had to travel to 4 different floors to find a bottle of water in a vending machine. I opted to go that route since they were half the cost ($1.25) of a bottle at the front desk ($2.50).
- As you can see in the pictures, the walls are a bit bare - lots of empty space. This really is all I can find to complain about, there's not much!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, once again the communication was superb and thoughtful, given the circumstance I was in. Kudos to the staff for managing the hotel so well and providing a respite at the end of a long night.

Room Tip: I'd say to get as high a floor as possible to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JB24003 - Thank you for your feedback. I was the Manager on Duty that evening. I'm sure we crossed paths throughout the night. I'm thrilled to hear our FD team was proactive with curfew communication. Since you are local, I hope you will consider or refer us for any weddings, meetings or social events in the future. Our event team is outstanding!

I have forwarded your comments to all team members. In fact, a copy of your review is posted behind our Front Desk with "GREAT JOB" across at the top. We were proud to serve you under such tough conditions. I hope to see you soon!

David Lanterman
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed for a weekend (Fri-Sun) in early June for leisure. As Marriott-branded properties within the Marriott family go, this one delivered no surprises, either pleasant or unpleasant. The rooms could use a refresh into something more contemporary (similar to what's being done in the Courtyard brand), but were entirely acceptable and comfortable.

Why, then, the 5-star rating? Customer service, plain and simple. Every interaction, from registration to departure, desk clerk to housekeeping, exhibited a level of customer service I haven't experienced since I stayed at the Amway Grand Hotel in Grand Rapids, MI back in 2005. Pleasantness and professionalism were evident in every interaction, and it is obvious to me that management has set high expectations in this regard for all employees. When I checked in, I asked for extra towels to be sent. They were delivered before I even had a chance to get there (I know they were delivered after my request because I encountered the employee leaving the room after dropping them off just as I was arriving). Every single staff person greeted me with a smile and salutation no matter where I was. Questions I had about billing were handled efficiently and expertly.

As a Gold Elite member, I received breakfast buffet passes because it was the weekend and the Concierge Lounge was closed. Breakfast was standard Marriott fare, but the wait staff did offer to make omelettes and waffles if they were wanted. There was a larger selection of fresh fruit than I've come to expect--something that was quite welcome. Wireless internet in the room (for a charge) worked well. The outdoor pool area--completely enclosed by the hotel proper--was nice. I didn't visit the indoor pool or the exercise room.

Close to area attractions (namely Kings Island) and right off of I-71, it is conveniently located, though the non-freeway traffic around the area tends to be incredibly chaotic at times. There are more dining options in the area than you can shake a stick at, but driving is recommended for all but the very closest ones because there are no sidewalks on most (all?) roads and the traffic volume is so high. I visit the area at least once a year and have tried many Marriott properties in this general area and nearby Blue Ash. This is my new favorite and the one I will stay at during future visits.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
What a great response! Thank you very much! I have forwarded your feedback to all 120 Marriott NE team members. Our goal is to finish 2013 as the #1 Marriott in North America in Customer Service as ranked by our guests. Your feedback matters! Please come stay with us again. I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Marriott NE. Be well, -David

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!