“Good Time, noisy upstairs neighbor” 4 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2501 Great Wolf Drive, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Fort Wayne, IN
“Good Time, noisy upstairs neighbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

On our first night we had extremely noisy upstairs neighbors. It sounded like they were moving furniture. My husband went upstairs to see what was going on, and noticed they were having a birthday party. We decided not to complain to the front desk. We didn't want to be party poopers. The party stopped around 3:30 am. I walked around Kings Island later that morning like a zombie from lack of sleep. The only other problem we had was the teens who worked in the arcade and magiquest shop were rude. I had to wait 5 mins for the girl in the magiquest shop to finish her phone conversation to check us out. She acted like we were a major inconvience to her. Other than that we had a pretty good time. Waterpark was great. Nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I just spent a week in Mason, OH with my entire family and we had a great wolf time! Wrist bands are awesome (Key to room + digital wallet). MagiQuest was a ton of fun… at 10PM I was running around with my son playing the game and multiple other parents/kids were also playing and loving it! My wife and 5 year old daughter went down the Coyote Canyon water slide 10 times in a row. FYI -- Paw Pass is a great deal, ask about it at check-in. Fireworks every night from Kings Island was a perfect way to end the day!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed with our 18 and 19 year old as we were visiting Kings Island. I was worried about check in since I had read that it could take up to 2 hours. We arrived at 4:10 and checked in seemlessly. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told my room had been upgraded. The all inclusive wrist bands are great! The hotel is more oriented for younger kids but we all had a blast. We even cut our full day at KI a little short so that we could enjoy the waterpark. And we had a ball at the arcade. Clean rooms, great atmosphere. Would stay again esp when visiting KI!

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We had gotten a Kid Cabin room since I was meeting my niece and mother with my two kids. They loved the room when we checked in. Roomy, nice separate sleeping area for the kids. Nice food prep area, counter, sink, microwave and roomy fridge. Staff was very pleasant. We enjoyed the text message discounts and used one for dinner at the buffet a big hit, especially the soft serve self service ice cream.

The problem . . . they have signs posted everywhere that "hibernation time" is 11 p.m. until 7 a.m. (or maybe 7:30 a.m.). Unfortunately this was our first time staying and we had a ground level room. DO NOT MAKE OUR MISTAKE!!! At 10 p.m. the waterpark closed and we took our waterlogged little ones back to the room. THey showerede watched a little Disney and were lights out by 10:30 p.m. At a little after 11 p.m. out upstairs neighbors were in their room. That's when the fun began. It was a apparently a room full of older teens to young adults. They were drinking and smoking off the balcony and what sounded like wrestling. Bone jarring thumps came through our ceiling. We gave them a little time to settle down but by 11:45 p.m. we had it and had to call the front desk. We called again a little after midnight when the noise had not subsided and the front desk told us they had checked and the people above us were asleep. They called a few minutes later and asked if the noise was still going on and when we said yes asked if they could send security to our room to hear the noise. Unfortunately when security showed up there were some people out in the parking lot (outside our door) shooting off fireworks and he took off after them. We then saw the upstairs neighbors who told us they were not making that much noise. We asked them to please keep it down since they were waking up us and our kids. NEedless to say they didn't stop until well after 2 a.m. We didn't bother to call the front desk again but later found out if we had they would have been kicked out (apparently they have a 3 strike policy). When we checked out we did ask to speak to the manager and they did end up offering us a discount coupon for a future stay and lunch for our group at Pizza Hut on property. They were very nice and said we definitely should have kept calling.

The park was great and well lifeguarded. Our kids LOVED the wave pool and would come from every corner of the park when they heard the Wolf Howl. If we stay again, we would definitely ask for a 4th floor (top floor) room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like beside the noise, you enjoyed your visit. Our staff does the best we can to ensure that all of our guests are happy and comfortable. I apologize that the people above you were not more considerate. Please remember that if you have any issues during your stay, we want to hear from you. I am sorry that your night was restless, but glad to hear that you were happy with the outcome.

We look forward to your return visit.

Best-

Patrick Alvarez
west virgina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Great Wolfe Lodge June 29 thru the 1st of July. We absolulty loved it. We had 2i children with us a 12 year old and a 3 year old and they had a great time. They loved the waterpark which I myself actually found myself having a great time. The rooms were awesome all themed rooms we stayed in the wolf den room which was really nice alot larger than I had antcipated. From our balcony we could watch someof the rides at Kings Island and could see the fireworks at night from the lawn out front. The braclets which are the room keys were great we loved them no need to pack around keys or money cause u could charge to your room. The rooms were really nice and clean the staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was beautiful decor. We had a great time it was kind of expensive but worth every dime.

KentuckyGirl101
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed for one night at Great Wolf Lodge and we loved it! We stayed in the Grizzly Bear Suite and it was very roomy and had low rates for how amazing it was. They have many resturants and they are great! They have an arcade which is open until midnight. It was terrific!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I stayed here with my girl scout troop. We had to get 2 of the 2 bedroom suites as we have 12 girl and 4 adults. The water park is a lot of fun. A group of my friends and I decided to go to the arcade on the first night. The arcade was huge and non-stop fun for about 3 hours. I liked that our wrist band was the room key. We didn't have to worry about losing the key. The second night we decided to try the MagiQuest game. It was pretty fun. our room was very spacious. It was a fun trip a a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2009
Ahh...It sounds like you and the girls were able to take advantage of the Grizzly Bear suite. When traveling with a larger party, that is most definitely the way to go. Glad to hear that you played MagiQuest. That game is a blast. It does sound like you did not have the opportunity to experience what all of the girls here love...Scooops Kids Spa. On your next visit you will want to experience the ice cream themed Mani's and Pedi's that our spa offers. I thank you for choosing Great Wolf as a place to take your troop. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Patrick Alvarez

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!