“Very clean/friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
East Liverpool, Ohio
“Very clean/friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our families met 1/2 way for a family get together ages 87-20 months. The hotel staff helped us find a park to go to so the kids could play. They were very friendly and helpful towards our large group of people. The place was very clean from the breakfast/lounge area to the beds and rooms. The free breakfast had hot and cold foods. It was very good. The price for the rooms was a little steep but I guess for the area it was the going rate if you want a nice clean place to stay. I would recommend this Hampton to anyone staying in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Englewood, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good. We went to Kings Island. It was nice to have a good place to stay after a long day. Will stay here again. Well worth the money.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed two nights two rooms in August 2014. The hotel was in pretty good shape and seemed to be managed pretty well but keep in mind it is near Kings Island Amusement Park, Great Wolf Lodge, and The Beach Waterpark so it draws families and the hotel takes some abuse. There were some knicks and dents but overall it wasn't bad (considering). The hotel was under some renovation but it didn't cause any inconvenience. Complimentary coffee and tea all day in the lobby was a plus and at times they had cookies and lemonade. A fridge (although it was a bit noisy) & microwave in the room were convenient. The staff was friendly. Shortly after reaching our room, we received a call from the front desk asking if our rooms were satisfactory -- and they were. Another example: at one point we said "No Lemonade tonight?" as we were going out and the front desk said we'll be sure and get some out. Sure enough, when we came back later, the lemonade was there. The complimentary breakfast consisted of one or two hot items, oatmeal, toast and bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and waffles. Food was just okay and they could have replenished it faster. Overall the room was comfortable, clean enough, and the beds were comfortable - some pillows were comfy others were lumpy and made crunching noise. The bathroom corners and behind the door could have been cleaner and when our mirror fogged up, it had names written on it. Clearly it was not washed. The room was quiet from the outside noise, but the a/c unit and the refrigerator took some getting used to. We did use the hotel wifi and service was a bit spotty in that connection would drop frequently. Most of our annoyances were minor, but I think the biggest negative was that even though it was a non-smoking facility, our rooms smelled of cigarette smoke at various times. Despite some minor things, it was a good stay and we'd probably stay there again.

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great Experience here! Decent property, it does seem like it's time to update the rooms. They are doing some restoration work in the lobby and hallways, my room could have used new carpet. Nice breakfast offering, hot & cold, and excellent location. Close to the highway, and easy walking distance to a few fast food restaurants, this is a great choice for the value minded traveler.

The room was good, had everything I needed for business travel, they offer free WiFi, but would have loved a LAN connection for my laptop. I'm getting to like these (Hampton Inns) for my business travel. I find them to be fairly consistent in my experience and they are much cheaper than some of the more main-brand hotels. If you have seen your travel budget get whacked and want to stay somewhere you can actually work, don't have to pay for Internet access, and they throw in breakfast, then Hampton Inns seem to hit the mark. I'd stay here again, no problem. They had good water pressure in the shower, and I like that in a hotel! It was a water saver head, but had enough flow and pressure to make for a good shower.

Two small marks against them and a general comment. My room carpet and furniture seemed to be worn and needed to be updated. The other knock is that if you like to run outside, there's not much of an option here. I did go for a run and went east over highway 71. If you like to run, Don't go east! stay on the west side I'll bet you find more sidewalks than I did. It's not fun running on the shoulder of the road... They do have a small exercise room, and you can run, but it's not much.

One last observation- these rooms are not sound proof chambers! I don't mean they have paper thin walls at all. But you can hear doors open and close in the hall a bit loudly than more expensive hotels and I could hear footsteps in the room above me. I didn't lose sleep, but it was noticeable.

Room Tip: Maybe stay in a room on the third floor, it might help in minimize the room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Leawood, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Any time we are visiting family in this area, we always stay at this Hampton Inn as it is consistently reliable. We nave never been here during any construction so we have never dealt with that issue.

The front desk at checkin is always a little inexperienced, but they get the job done.

The key thing is the room which is comfortable, spacious and clean. A refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker are excellent amenities as well..

We arrived after some renovation had been completed in the bathroom area where they put up new towel racks where before they were put under the sink area which were not handy when you started to take your shower. Now everything is most convenient and you wonder why it was not built this way to start with in the beginning. And they don't "chintz" on the towels either.

There is a small, but sufficient, workout area and a small indoor pool.

The breakfast area is very well done and managed and kept stocked and clean. I noticed no less than three people scurrying around taking care of things each day I ate there. The selection was more than adequate with the hot items changing daily so there is always something different. I give this Hampton Inn high marks for a well designed and spacious breakfast area that gets the job done.

Oh, and the one thing my wife loves is a full cable television where she can watch any of her favorite channels which is very limited at some hotel chains, and also has free wifi.

This motel is very convenient to King's Island and has many restaurants within walking distance to include Arby's. Burger King, Fritsch's Big Boy, Perkins, Skyline Chile, and a Waffle House right next door. There are many more a short ways up the street along with a full-size Super Kroger store if you want to bring food in.

This is always my "go to" spot when I am in Mason, OH. I would give it five stars for the class of hotel it is categorized with but four stars when measured against a full-service hotel.

Room Tip: You might want a room on the backside even though the hotel is on a rather quiet side street away fr...
Dover, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Room wasting, cozy. Decently clean. Pool is really small, no hot tub. No hotel dining. Next to a liquor store. Right off the interstate. Nice breakfast. Common areas a great. Really did not interact with staff much except Amber who was very helpful. Still have not received and perks from being a Hilton Honors Member, which really infuriates me.

Room Tip: Don't know
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When I checked in, lady asked if I had my HHonors card and I said no. She waited until I searched through my phone to see if I can pull up the number. Never happened before. Normally they say, ok np I will pull it up. Got my my floor and it was all construction! My room smelled like paint and on top of all this...they charged $140/night? If not even a city location. It's way out in the suburbs. They don't tell you about the construction or about how your experience was!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island? Share your experiences!