“Do not stay there!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of King's Luxury Inn at King Island

King's Luxury Inn at King Island
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mason
King's Luxury Inn at King Island
You added King's Luxury Inn at King Island to your Saves list
9845 Escort Drive, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Indianapolis
“Do not stay there!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Our expectations were not high since it was so much cheaper than the surrounding hotels, but this place was terrible. Our first room had toenail clippings on the floor and the sheets had not been changed, so we requested another room which had cracker crumbs in the bed and a pair of dirty socks in the corner. The rooms look as if they have not been vacuumed in weeks. The overall condition of the hotel is horrible, it is run down and dirty. Weeds are growing up in the landscaping. They gave us our money back and we left. Do not stay there!

• Liked — They gave us our money back
  • Disliked — Dirty Rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Goshen, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

We rented two rooms, 1 for myself and husband and the other for my son and his wife and 2 children. The website made it sound like a perfect family place. Both rooms were dirty, the ceiling had leaked and was still moldy, and partially falling in. The toilet had black streaks in it. The pool did not have chlorine in it and no visible pump and there was stuff floating in it. The hallway and stairway floor covering was only partially installed and not very professionally. The game room didn't have enough working games to keep kids interested. My husband would not even sleep under the blankets after inspection of the bedding found a goober looking object on a pillow.
The only good things were the air conditioning worked well and it was close to King's Island. It is too bad this property is in this bad of shape. It has the potential to be a great place. The Mexican resteraunt next door is wonderful.

• Liked — close to Kings Island
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

I had to stay in this 'LUXURY' hotel because there was 6' of snow on the ground and could not make it home south of Cincinnati. The room had not heat. When I complained I was given a small space heater and the "Maintance Man" pulled the filter from below the heater and stated "See heat". There was no fan to blow the heat in the room.
I had to place the space heater under the covers to warm the bed up enough to get in and then I had to sleep with my clothes on to stay warm.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Harrison Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

I wish i would have checked all the reviews on this place before I made our reservations. I planned this trip for my boyfriend, my 6 year old daughter and myself on a tight budget. I wanted to take my daughter someplace "cool" this summer, and I have never been to Kings Island before. I should have cancelled our reservation as soon as I saw the sign at the front desk. "NO REFUNDS AFTER 10 MINS OF CHECK IN".. Are you serious??? It was already almost 10pm by the time we arrived, so I shrugged it off. Huge Mistake!!! Black mold on the ceiling in the shower, room smelled of something i didnt want to identify. The pool table was in an actual hotel room, and the game room consisted of about 3 working games. The worst of it all was, while i took my child to the game room, someone close by was smoking pot, and it stunk up the whole first floor game area and stairwell. Please, do not stay at this so-called 2 star shambled wreck! I learned my lesson and will spring an extra hundred dollars or more on a nice 4 star "luxury" hotel. This place needs to be torn down immediatley!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Just keep driving by.....
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

We were going to King's Island and called this place because it was actually on the back of the King's Island brochure. We were told that they had an on-site mini golf course, indoor and outdoor pool, gameroom and hot tub, as well as refridgerators and microwaves in the rooms. We were so excited. We were going to spend the night playing with all the amenities the hotel had to offer. When we got there, the first thing we noticeed was the smell. I t smelled like stale laundry. Like mold or something. We walked through the hallway to get to the room itself, nothing appeared to be finished. There was no carpet over the sub flooring or anything. When we got tot the room, we discovered that they weren't finished either. The wallpaper was halfway peeled off and they smelled. We had no fridge or microwave and after complaning, we recieved them. The microwave had not been cleaned. It looked as if someone had blew up a bowl of chili in it. Also, the fridge ahd no shelves where they should have been and was totally rusted out! But the big finally came when we went to the bathroom. There was hair everywhere! Wads in the sink, shower and on the toilet! We were disgusted and demanded our money back. We did not stay.

Stayed May 2005
Jeffersonville, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

I was expecting the worst, as I booked the hotel and THEN looked at the reviews on this website (still not sure of the thought process there...). Most of the time people will only post when they have a bad experience, and most people won't write about an average one like the one my wife and I experience. So here's an objective look:

I was at this hotel last weekend with my wife, sister, and her fiancee. My sister and her fiancee had no problems at all. Overall, our problems were minor.

Yes - there was a little water damage on the bathroom cieling. However, I generally don't spend a lot of time in there, so it wasn't a problem. The toilet didn't flush properly at first, but I called the front desk and it was fixed in less than 5 minutes, no joke. The guy spoke English very well.

- The sheets were clean
- The room was clean.
- The air conditioning was great
- There was one hair on the edge of the tub, but it could of been mine, I guess. The bathroom was otherwise clean.
- The staff was courteous enough.
- There is a decent mexican restaurant in the hotel. You can take pitchers of beer and margaritas to your room. I liked that.

So, is it a family experience? I don't know. I know that we were just fine. You're going to be at King's Island most of the time anyhow, right? If you are using this place to just sleep in and unwind, you'll be perfectly fine.

• Liked — Location - many restaurants (Carabbas is GREAT).
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

Could not book direct, only online.
Pool water was murky, floor of pool was slippery, and sides of pool were grey with filty and broken tiles.
Room had no remote control, not many tv channels,
beds were soft, strange supports under the boxsprings too.
Toilet was "rocky" to set on.
Putter golf needed to be mowed around and trimmed.
Place is run down and I would be surprised if it was open for much longer.
Not many cars in the lot for a Saturday night.
No security on entrance doors, it was not working, anyone could walk in at any time.

EXCELLENT Mexican Restaurant on premises.
Looks brand new, authentic food, nice dining experience.

• Liked — Mexican Restaurant on premises
  • Disliked — swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to King's Luxury Inn at King Island? Share your experiences!