“You may have deleted me, the damage has already been done!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of King's Luxury Inn at King Island

King's Luxury Inn at King Island
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mason
Prices are for rooms, adults
King's Luxury Inn at King Island
Save Saved
You added King's Luxury Inn at King Island to your Saves list
9845 Escort Drive, Mason, OH 45040   |
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Sandusky, Ohio
“You may have deleted me, the damage has already been done!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Warning, do not stay here.Go else where & pay a bit more, for comfort & better service.This place was filthy, nasty, dirty,all around on the inside.Drug deals going on in parking lot.Swimming pool was a disgrace,had floating diaper pieces in it, & no smell of chlorine anywhere.The game rooms were just awefull.I am repeating Do Not Stay Here.

Room Tip: No good rooms, place is a disgrace
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was looking for a nice hotel near to King's Island and so I chose the King's Island Resort. The room smelled like someone had poured a cup of Pinesol on the floor, but the carpets were filthy and there were leaves under the comforter on the bed. The complimentary shuttle only ran on the 1/2 hour and didn't leave until 9:30am. The front desk staff were disinterested both at check-in and check-out and did nothing to make us feel welcome here. The whole hotel is in need of a drastic renovation since the common areas were no better than the room as far as cleanliness and upkeep. Next time we visit Mason, we will stay somewhere else-definitely NOT the King's Island Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PORT PERRY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

No bad suprises, just a pleasent comfortable nights stay. Pets welcome is a must for us.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel last year while visiting Kings Island with our two children. The first room that we were given smelled like sewage. We were then moved upstairs to another room. The carpet was pulled off the hall floor and when you walked through the hall to the exit your shoes stuck to the floor. The pool was green and closed down. We stayed away from the hotel as much as possible. I do not care how good a deal this is I will never take my children back to this hotel again. We attempted to find someplace else to stay however everyone was booked. We ended up checking out three days early and going camping for the rest of our vacation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — It was located close to Kings Island
  • Disliked — Room, Pool was green, the arcade was taken out
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

This was the WORST hotel experience I have EVER had -- I would definitely find somewhere else to stay -- it is NOT worth the few dollars in savings! Trust me!!! We went with another family and there were multiple problems with each of our rooms, including faulty lighting, telephones that didn't work, broken glass, musty smells from the air conditioner, non-working refrigerators, bathroom fixtures not working properly, etc., etc. I was not a clean place either.

The so-called fun things for children to do were a complete farce -- just do yourself a favor and DON'T stay here!! Listen to what so many others have said!!

• Liked — Not a thing!
  • Disliked — Most everything!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

My family booked a 3 night stay in advance and was deeply dissatisfied with this hotel and it's manager. We arrived only to find out that our hotel room was a discusting sty. The air was not on, there was pubic hair in the bathroom on the floor and in the tub, the bedding was dirty with someonelses hair in the sheets! Cops patrol the parking lot on the hour, because of the thugs that stay there. I needless to say tried to find another hotel in the area immediately only to find there were no other rooms available until the next day. My daughter found bugs crawling around the floor and they were not swept at all. When I finally decided to go to sleep I felt like things were crawling on me. We checked out the next morning and went to the days inn. The owner did not even act like it was a big deal. I spent 279.00 on this slum and only got 90.00 back. I hope he enjoyed the money, maybe he can hire a cleaning crew with it now. We never seen one employee except the desk manager while we were there. Please do not stay here, there was also broken glass in the walk ways outside. The pool was below the level it should of been and the mini golf course is a joke.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
stillgrossedout
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

My family and I wanted to go on a nice vacation before my 7 year old son went back to school. We found this hotel on its website. I looked very nice for the right price. When we pulled up in the parking in late evening there were no cars in the parking lot. (which should have put up red flags) Went to go check in we had made reservation 3 weeks prior and was told there were no resevation made, but told they could find us a room. We were taking our stuff to room and the hallways were hot. There had to be not air conditioning. (it was on of the hotest days like 100 outside) When got to our room and think goodness it had air conditioning. As we are unpacking out thing my son opened the mircowave and pulled out a mircowave TV dinner. ( who know how long it has been there) It stunk so bad I had to take it down stairs to the trash can so it wouldn't stink up our room. I thought that was disgusting, but gave them the benfit of the doubt. Also we were very tired just spend 8 hours at Kings Island. That became to be a very bad choice. We all went and ate a the Mexican resturant joined to the hotel. That was a very nice experince. It was a very good place to eat. I would got to the resturant again, but not the hotel. We went back up stairs to our room and my son was looking in the drawers and found old cookies. GROSS! Then we were all sitting on the bed relaxing and the next thing we know the BIG mirror on the wall fell off. Think goodness no one was by it. We called down stairs and told them about it and they didn't seem to care and never offered an apology. We went down stairs to go swimming. We got out to the pool and the water was way lower than the filter systems. so that means the filter system wasn't working. I was very upset that they offered no breakfast, I think they should have since most traveler don't have time to go get something to eat. We tough it out, because I really didn't want my 7 year old to get freak out. So we just stayed and left as early as possible the next morning. I would not recommend anyone to stay there. Until they get some things fixed. Not to mention I never seen on housekeeper ever. Normally in hotels I stay in I see them everywhere.

• Liked — The Mexican resturant
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to King's Luxury Inn at King Island? Share your experiences!