“Not "pet friendly" barely "non-smoking"” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Austintown, Ohio
“Not "pet friendly" barely "non-smoking"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

They refused to service my room unless my pet was in a cage. For $15 a day, you can hire someone to feed and care for a pet in your home, let alone be willing to close the door while cleaning so the pet won't leave. I was here for work, but I think a vacationer would also want to be able to leave their pet unattended but not caged. I've stayed in many motels with this pet and never had this problem. Also, there were exposed cords in the outlets on every wall.

The bed linens smell like smoke. The first 2 mornings I did not get a wakeup call, which made me too late to have breakfast. The sink had dirty cracks near the drain and it took 3 days to get them to fix the slow drainage.

Room Tip: Ask what "pet friendly" means. Just allowing you to have the pet with you does not mean i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jyoti D, General Manager at Marion Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I apologize for any inconveniences that this may have cause you and your pet. We have policies and rules in place for the safety of our guests and employees. We did ask you for your pet to be caged while your room was serviced for the safety of your pet. We understand how much a pet means to one and did not want to harm him/her in any way with our cleaning equipment or have your pet run out in the hallway and getting lost. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I hope that you would consider us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels cross the country due to my job. I would have to say that this hotel was one of the best that the mid west had to offer. First, let me explain the staff their was the nicest, friendliest and more helpful that any hotel I have stayed at by far. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet so therefore I had a very restful night. I travel their often and this is the ONLY HOTEL THAT I WILL STAY AT!! Coming from a very tried business man!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We needed a pet friendly hotel in Marion and based on the trip advisor reviews, we booked the Marion Comfort Inn. In a word, UGH! This is the first time I felt like the trip advisor reviews let us down. The smell of cigarette smoke permeates everything. The carpet was icky. My husband says the toilet seat was disgusting. (I was spared that experience.) The bedspread and drapes seem to be circa 1975. There are signs saying that the hotel is under renovation, but, according to the reviews, it's been under renovation for months. Shouldn't they be done by now? We did not stay and will not be back.

Stayed May 2013
Jyoti D, Manager at Marion Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I apologize that the hotel failed to meet your expectations. We are currently under renovations. The lobby is completely done and we have just started on the room renovations. Due to manufacturer's delays it has taken a bit longer than expected. We hope to completely done by August 2013. I would like for you to visit us once we are fully done remodeling.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a great stopover..nice , friendly staff, clean and tidy hotel.Excellent warm, clean pool...one of the best little hotel pools we have encountered. they honored our discount cards..no problems here. be sure to see the impressive Harding Tomb if you have the time!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We only spent one night at this hotel. There were 3 adults and the two queen bed room was more than enough room for our needs. They provided a nice mini fridge and microwave as well as a small table with two chairs. We did not use the fitness center or the pool since it was too cold to swim in - but the hot tub was perfect! The provided a nice selection at the breakfast and we were all able to get a nice meal as well as juice and coffee. Check in/out was very easy and we had no problems during our stay. The location is close to many resturants/gas station/fast food. It is also very easy to find off the main roads. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Rooms are clean and the staff are great to help you out. Pool was clean well taken care of. The no smoking rooms have no orders. I would make my plans around staying at the Marion Comfort inn. The breakfast area is very nice and good selection of food to feast on. Parking is safe. I use to stay in Delaware my car was broke into twice and that was enough of that .

• Stayed March 2013
The Road
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you want internet go elsewhere... .37 mbs upload (YES THAT IS POINT 37 Mega Bites Per Second) Dial up is .566 mbs. So if you want netflix, youtube, facebook, or anything else other than mail (not web based) better have an air card that is verizion cause sprint and att dont live in his area. As for reservations don't bother they are just suggestions to this place. I reserve a single first floor and get a double second floor. I am not the only one my crew of 4 reserved the same thing and got the same result. Construction is going on also. Dust everywhere and the contractors that they hired have no quitting time. 7:30 pm and still using a hilti jack hammer to take tile off the floor. AVOID IF YOU CAN

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
, General Manager at Marion Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your experience so that we may address the situation. We will be working with our internet provider to check the speed to make sure it is running at 1.5 meg and to see what needs to done to provide a smoother internet surfing experience. Our hotel takes pride in our service results and can assure you this is not our typical guest experience. Your feedback will allow us to to review certain operating procedures which will allow us to eliminate similar issues in the future. I apologize for the inconveniences that our renovations may have caused you. We are working hard to get these key items done to improve the quality of our hotel to give you our guest a better stay experience. We hope to be able to have the opportunity to once again be of service to you.

Vick Dayal

Been to Marion Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!