“Unbearable smells, horrible place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Pike Street, Marietta, OH 45750 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Marietta
Marietta, Ohio
“Unbearable smells, horrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

We just checked in to this hotel a few hours ago. The lobby is very nice. My kids were excited to go see the pool which is designed very well. I walked in to see with them and the smell is unbearable! I am not sure what it is but it smells like a dirty dog lives here. That was my first thought, that they keep dogs in this area for some reason? I do not know if I am going to let my kids swim here? Not much bothers them but I do not think I can sit in there and watch them. I am normally not real sensitive to smell but WOW! As we proceeded to our room the smells throughout the place are really bad. I am now sitting on the bed and it appears to be the absolute cheapest mattress you can buy. The toilet seat top looks like someone has used it as a work bench? Overall this place is pretty bad! I am not sure if there are other places here in Marietta any nicer but they could not be much worse. We are staying tonight and tomorrow night with a large group so we will suck it up and stay with the group. I am dreading the tonight and tomorrow night and cannot wait to get home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dream World
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

As you enter in through automatic doors,of this gorgeous hotel, which seems to be rare at hotels in this area. The friendly staff makes you feel welcome. As the "Owner of the Hotel" was their even assisting his staff, I got the feeling a "Place with Heart". He seemed to "care of his staff and his guests". That is a nice thing, this day and age. The room was stayed in was absolutely gorgeous and the onsite restaurant food was excellent and prompt to serve. I would Definately recomend this hotel to my friends and family. The rates are great, the staff is superb and food is fantastic and the rooms are amazing. My boyfriend and I travel frequently to many locations, however I will certainly make it a point to visit this place of "Heart" again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

First time ever writing a review. Normally I don't complain about rooms but I have stayed in better deer camps. Sitting in the hotel as I type as I am a bit disappointed to say the least. Bathroom is gross. Stains on the walls and ceilings. Bathtub not clean. Looks like the Million dollar overhaul consisted of mostly new paint over the old paint. Pool was big but it had a black ring around it that looked like a scum line. Ceiling stained and panels missing in pool area. Carpet in pool area was dirty. Skipping free breakfast - afraid to try it. The room wasn't horrible but bathroom was again disturbing.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Hyannisport Mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Made a reservation at least a month in advance and the reservation agent made no mention that the hotel was undergoing a complete renovation. When we arrived at the hotel there were wet bright yellow hoses running across the front door making it impossible to roll your luggage in. Once in the lobby there were construction crews and debre strewn throught out. Up to my thrid floor room and unconnected vending and ice machines in the middle of the hall. The carpets all seem to have plaster dust strewn about. I entered my roon and was glad to have a clean a nice bedroom. The breakfest buffet was served in the pool room.The first day the breakfest area was warm and humid and we pulled a moldy bagel from the buffet. The breakfest help collect the breakfest garbage and left it in hefty trash bags next too the microwave and hot foo.
d area. There were 3 the Saturday I was there. Sunday morning breakfest we had no moldy bagels but the pool room was so cold we could see our breaths. I was a travel agent for 25years and have stayed at many hotels but this one is at the bottom of my list

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
cloumbus oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Me and my family vist our family in Marietta, this year we wanted to stay in a hotel not at his parents house. So we drove down the Pike and though about pulling into the Hampton but they had no pool, so on we drove and came to the Comfort Inn there was alot of construction going on outside I told my husband lets just check it out its getting late im tired. Well with all that was going on there the staff made it all worth it the let us see the picture of what it is going to look like..Wow I cant wait til next year

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. I had read some other reviews here but was not too put off. I did not run into any of these problems, actually it was the exact opposite. The stay I had was so good I was surprised to hear they were totally changing the hotel. The picture of what it will look like is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the outcome. The breakfast was very good, and the waffles were delicious. I was glad to get a room with a microfridge at no extra cost! The heated indoor pool was relaxing and large. I will def. stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I had stayed in this hotel in the past but recently I have been informed it is under new management; a real owner,not a management group that doesn't really care, and some great changes have been made and I'm told there is more to come.My kids love the large indoor pool ,as always, and breakfast was a big hit. An added bonus is that breakfast is now a full hot breakfast rather than just just donuts and danishes,BUT the waffles were still my favorite.The coffee is great too and always available.Of course we had the option of bringing our dog but we left him at home with a sitter instead. Another pleasant surprise was that we got a discount at their on-site restraunt (great ribs!) just because we stayed there. They now have a laundry room for guest use.Wow, that really saves us some money and mess ! Besides the housekeepers were so nice and willing to go out of their way to do things for us. My kids thought they were staying at the "Tipton" and made jokes about where's Zac and Cody ?! LOL ! I am looking forward to coming back next year when all the renovations are done. Maybe we'll see Zac n Cody next time !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!