“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For Fine Dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere come visit the Levee House overlooking the ohio river in historic downtown Marietta. Under new ownership and recently renovated stop by for lunch or dinner daily Monday through Saturday. Open Sundays for Brunch.Enjoy a menu featuring fresh creations including daily specials by Chef David. The Levee House also serves all legal beverages. Call to reserve the private dining room for your special events. Located at the corner of Second and Ohio Streets. On the Ohio River in Marietta.
Tallmadge OH
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We celebrated my son's birthday with outside seating on a beautiful September evening. The food was good, as was the service. I highly recommend an outside table if the weather permits, even for just a drink, for a front row view of the river. We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing setting and will try to work around the weather to do this again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Perfect lunch on a perfect day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on Saturday afternoon and found the atmosphere (outside) perfectly relaxed. The hostess was warm and friendly, the food was excellent (Horsy Salmon, Green Fried Tomato BLT, salad, homemade Wedding soup and Apple Spice cake, and authentic homemade Boston Cream pie.) The portions were right sized (I really appreciate this - hate gargantuan portions -- I'd rather have a reasonable amount of quality food any day), the food was excellent (all those within ear shot of where we sat also seemed genuinely pleased with their selections -- plenty of "OMG, this is so good!"), and the prices surprisingly low (in my hometown, the same fare would have been double). Best of all was Autumn, our waitress -- she had the perfect balance of attention and service with friendliness without being syrupy or chatting us up or trying to be our new BFF. Too many waitresses today try way too hard to be our friend and not hard enough to provide well timed, intuitive service. This type of over solicitous service can really ruin a meal for me. Great job Autumn, thanks for helping make it a memorable meal and experience for us! It was the "true" start of our vacation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Philadelphia, Ohio
“Nice restaurant, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband I were in Marietta for a weekend and chose The Levee House for a late dinner because of the great location along the river. He ordered the bleu cheese beef medallions (they did not ask for a temperature) and I had the nut-encrusted chicken. The menu felt very, very 80s. His steak was actually excellent with a perfect amount of bleu cheese, but my chicken was hard to eat. I was supposed to have goat cheese, a nut crust, and sun-dried tomato cream sauce. I could taste the goat cheese, but the crust and sauce literally tasted like nacho cheese Doritos. Not very appetizing. Service and location are great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food, reasonable prices, and a great view of the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The best place to dine at the Levee House is outside on the patio with a view of the Ohio River. The “patio” area is quite small with less than ten tiny tables and very limited seating. The interior dining area is actually rather cold looking and not attractive in my opinion. Service was extremely good and prompt. My wife ordered the quiche special of the day that included roasted potatoes and sliced tomatoes with balsamic dressing. I chose the traditional club sandwich that had ample ham, turkey, and tomato. It was quite tasty but the bread slices they used were rather small making the quartered pieces a bit on the tiny side. The fare for each was $8. It was a good dining experience and would return if ever in the area again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
charleston
“Wonderful view, wonderful culinary vision”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Consistency is among the most import attributes for me when choosing a dining option. Consistency in food, service, and atmosphere. The Levee House excels in this capacity, with prompt, efficient service that is warm and inviting without being too casual. This is a great place to sit and watch both the Ohio river as well as the pedestrians on the River Trail. I consider it to be by far the best in Marietta for outdoor dining. The food is fantastic, always very fresh tasting and you always get the impression the chef is literally in the kitchen. The portions are perfectly sized--not absurdly huge as other establishments seem compelled to serve, yet not so diminutive that you'll be hungry soon after. When I dine here it's typically outside, so it's usually during warmer weather so I'm most familiar with their entree salads, which are fresh, imaginative and delicious. There are some places in town where the quality of food and service vary wildly, but The Levee House seems to always replicate a prior pleasant experience perfectly.

• Visited May 2013