“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
cleveland, ohio
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Not only were our rooms great but the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Grant, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We stayed here last weekend again. Place always looks and feels exactly the same and they seem to hire help that is a cut above most hotels. Breakfast was good (not great) and off we went for the expressway. This motel usually seems full or almost full when we stay there and its for good reason---nothing really stands out other than just a good, safe place to spend the night. I will probably stay there again when we visit Marietta.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

My son goes to Marietta College and this will be his senior year there. We live in Virginia and have stayed at Hampton Inn each time we've come to Marietta over the years. We did have to stay at another hotel once and it was painful....the service was bad, room musty and I knew I would never stay there again. The Hampton Inn has met each and every need I've ever had when I've called. The guys at the desk even remember our names and snip its of our conversations...WOW...I'm already sad that the trips I will make to the Hampton Inn in Marietta this year will proably be our last. I can't express how wonderful the staff has been over the years. The hotel is always spotless. You can't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Toledo Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I write this review after staying here at least 15 times the past 3 years. In some respects I hate to give such a great review because this is the always the first hotel in 0arietta to sell out and I often need it on late notice.
This hotel has great service; clean rooms and lobby; friendly staff; and they do not let the little things slip. When compared to the other hotels in the area, this one is hands down the best.
Now for those who are looking for a Ritz or Four Seasons feel, forget it - this is the heart of Appalachia. But this is a solid hotel and a good nights rest.
If you really want to enjoy the old history of the Hotel Lafayette, go eat at the Gun Room and enjoy it that way. Their rooms are simply worn out and needed upgrades many years ago.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Not often do I read about how great a hotel bed was, but Hampton Inn has the best. Besides having a comfortable mattress, each bed had 3 pillows supposedly different - a soft, medium and firm, but they felt the same to me -- comfy and cushy. As others have reported, the room was spotless, service was superior, and access to Internet was a bonus. Breakfast was typical for hotels that offer complimentary breakfast - the standard selection of cereals, bread, muffins, bagels, yogurt, and fruit, but this hotel also had eggs, sausage or Canadian bacon (different each day), and biscuits. What set this breakfast apart was the lady working the breakfast bar. She chopped fresh fruit, filled empty trays promptly, cleared dishes and trash for the guests -- she stayed on the move. This hotel made sure there was no reason to complain. We'll stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Akron, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

We stayed at the Marietta Hampton Inn after my grandfather died. The hotel was spotless, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast was great. If we ever get the chance to stay again, we would in a heartbeat. The cookies at night were great! They were very accomodating to my 9 month old and my 4 year old, too.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NE Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

We normally stay at Hamptons, and this time was no different. My husband was working in Charleston, WV and we live in NE Ohio, so we met halfway in Marietta. Everything was fine as far as the cleanliness, the staff, the breakfast, etc., but the pool was ICE COLD. My girls, ages 4 & 3, and I often meet my husband for weekend getaways when he's working out of town -- and many times, swimming is our only form of entertainment. To have the pool so cold it made my younger daughter's lips turn blue was a big disappointment. We love racking up those Hilton Honors points, but not enough to stay there again, for the pool issue alone. If you don't mind not being able to swim, go for it. The chocolate chip cookies in the lobby are delish!

Stayed February 2008

Been to Hampton Inn Marietta? Share your experiences!