This was the first time a ever found a hotel online without having been there first; it looked nice so I booked it. About a week later I looked on tripadvisor and was worried... I had already paid for the whole stay and 53% said they did not recomend it!
IT WAS GREAT! The people working there were so nice! They helped us find nice places to eat and helped with directions. It is only a short drive from just about everything, we did the lighthouse the night we got there, put-in-bay the second day and went to Sandusky our last day. The rooms and property look just like the pictures! We were traveling with our 2 young children (6 and 18 months) and they loved it. If you are looking for a really romantic place, keep looking! This is a place for familys (why else would they have 3 pools, a playground and a sundeck shaped like a ship?)
My children are very well behaved, however the children in the room next to ours were not (the last night of our stay). They awoke at 4am , there was crying, screaming and people going in and out of the balconey door. At about 5:30am there was a loud knock on their door... it was the police, someone in that room had called 911 (kids playing with the phone). Although they were loud and I could hear most of what was going on my girls did not wake up. The following day I said something about it to the lady at the desk when she informed me that the couple under us had really complained about the family (luckly they had no issues with us, but like I said my girls are well behaved). I wish people would not judge this place poorly because of what ignorant parents let their children do (like calling 911, or going in and out the balconey). Anyone with kids understand that spending the night away from home is hard on children.
We had a great time, and would love to go back next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 1/2 Acres waterfront resort, with three heated in-ground pools, private sand beach, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, 38 boat slip marina. Centrally located near Sandusky, Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your South Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Marblehead
- South Beach Marblehead
- South Beach Resort Hotel Ohio/Marblehead