The hotel seemed to be staffed by high school kids. Walking into the mail lobby made my teenage daughter uncomfortable, and even I noticed the typical high school 'look-over' and mannerisms from these people. They need a lesson in working in the service industry. The adult staff were great. The rooms were dated (they really need to get rid of the comforters on top of the beds, as they never get washed - (that's the reason no hotels have them anymore!). The bathrooms were clean and in good repair, as was the room in general. The pools, shuffleboard, tennis court were fantastic. Though the towels were like sandpaper. A great property overall. For adult's traveling, I'd pass on this. However, traveling with kids, you can't beat this hotel. The kids did not want to leave (ages 6-13). They are still talking about it. Worth the price if you have kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 1/2 Acres waterfront resort, with three heated in-ground pools, private sand beach, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, 38 boat slip marina. Centrally located near Sandusky, Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your South Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Marblehead
- South Beach Marblehead
- South Beach Resort Hotel Ohio/Marblehead