“A great place on a Great Lake” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Beach Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added South Beach Resort Hotel to your Saves list
South Beach Resort Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8620 E Bayshore Rd, Sandusky Bay, Port Clinton, Put-In-Bay, Sandusky, Marblehead, OH 43440   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marblehead
Cleveland, Ohio
“A great place on a Great Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Well, it was a great bay!

We have stayed here a few times and have always enjoyed it. The pools are great. Two for the kids, including a zero-entry kid pool with splash buckets. And a quiet pool near the quiet marina and an attached hot tub. Everything has always been clean and maintained.

This really is a beautiful property. The view is fabulous, the nice wide marina breakwall made for some gorgeous walks and sunsets.

The kids have tons of fun on the multiple playground structures, i.e. a huge pirate ship. A castle and wood cabin.

The beach is really nice too. The sand must be trucked in because it is real sand-not the stuff you usually see on the Sandusky Bay.

Definitely will be back again.

Room Tip: resort rooms are nice. Upper floors will get you a Bay view. The Cabins are nice too-but I would sha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Lovely room with a Jacuzzi and a great view of the lake. Helpful staff and good breakfast. The only downside was the cleaning of the room - the only thing that was done was emptying of bins and fresh towels. The beds were not made for the four days we stayed, even though I asked every day. One day I had to ask for coffee, milk, sugar, toilet rolls, shampoo and soap - nothing was being replenished!
The front desk staff were apologetic, but it was disappointing that their cleaners were letting the hotel down.
On the whole, the stay was fine, but they definitely need to sort their maid service out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake - great views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brunswick Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family and I had a fantastic time at South Beach. We stayed one night in the hotel and hope to come back someday stay in a cottage. The kids loved the pool area and the play area. We spent much of our time on the pier fishing where the kids caught a ton of catfish. The grounds are beautiful and out room was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt very comfortable at South Beach. We definitely will be back soon!

Room Tip: If you are staying in the hotel, I would always choose a ground floor water view room. You have you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lima, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was sold on staying by the water and seeing the lake every morning when I woke up. This was truly great, I loved the view. When it comes to cleanliness and upkeep to the place it was not to my standards. The bed had small blood stains on it. The floor had dead rose petals in the corner. Where the coffee cups set I found two dead bugs. The shower curtian had dirt or sand on it. The walls are super thin. The ceiling was painted in patches about in five different places. Bug smears were on the walls and ceilings. I paid 249.00 a night for a king suite with the jaz. tub. I just expected more. If no view I would have moved after the first night. We also did not stay in our room much as we were more for the sight seeing. Which marblehead has beautiful sights not sure were to stay that would be better but beware. If the view is worth it like it was for me it is a truly great view. Just make sure you be prepared for not the

Room Tip: Choose fourth floor. No noise above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

A big resort smashed on a tiny piece of property. We didn't stay in the cabins only the hotel portion. The rooms were average hotel type rooms, we were on the ground floor had a back porch with chairs the room was comparable to holiday Inn or something like that. The room was not stellar or super clean, dusty windows , debri on the air unit, base boards were dusty, & mattresses although comfy were stained and worn out. The main lobby, halls, game room, & bathrooms were stuffy and hot! The breakfast needs some umph... and turn on the AC. You can't enjoy your morning fresh roasted coffee if you are... roasting yourself! The pools were nice but small & all over crowded with drunk people. We probably would never stay again for the $250 price per night. Maybe $100 per night hotel... they are on the water but it's not even close to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family and I had a great time at South Beach. We came up to Marblehead for the weekend and we were trilled we stayed at South Beach. The resort had a marina for our boat. We were able to take the boat and tube in the bay right behind the resort. The property itself is gorgeous. The resort has two pool areas. One down by the water for the wife and I and a great large family pool for the kids. The hotel rooms were great. My wife and I had a king bed with down bedding and a great water view with a balcony and the kids were right across the hall in a standard room that was quite roomy. The front desk staff was very accommodating. They always had suggestions on what to do and where to go. They had great insider information. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends

Room Tip: If you have more than one room ask the front desk to put them close together
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

be careful. they charged my card when I made my reservation at $290.00 I called back and asked why they do that and they said they inform everyone at time of reservation of this policy. No...they did not. I have not stayed their yet, but after reading the reviews I am already unhappy I didnt read them before making the reservation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to South Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!