“Best pool ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 N. Trimble Rd., Mansfield, OH 44906 (Formerly Comfort Inn North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best pool ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. The family suite was nicely done-even though there was no door dividing any of the spaces, the way it is arranged with the bathroom/kitchen dividing the living area (and sofabed) and the bedroom worked well giving everyone their space after a day of driving.

Traveling with kids makes the pool really important to us. This is probably the best pool I've used in a hotel in terms of size and temperature together. It is a good size for lap swimming, both wide and long. And the water temperature was perfect. Warm enough to get in comfortably but not so warm it was uncomfortable to swim in. Really, this alone is all we need to come back when we are in the area. Only thing that could be better is to not close it at 10. Having come from the west and crossed a time zone, we got there very close to 10. The manager on duty kindly let us have a few extra minutes in the pool after 10. While we were in there, NINE other people came in to swim. Obviously 10 pm is too early to close the pool--especially when it doesn't open til 10 the next am so there is no chance for an early swim before checking out. Don't see why it needs to close, it isn't like there's a lifeguard or anything in there.

The breakfast room was really nice and the selections included several protein sources--eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, boiled eggs, yogurt. Everyone was happy.

Only thing I missed, and I only knew about it because of other reviews, was that there were no cookies :-(. But if I hadn't known about them from other reviews it wouldn't have mattered--I just thought it would be a nice treat for the kids and I'm glad I hadn't mentioned it before we got there, so other parents, you might not want to either just in case. Once the kids see the pool they won't miss the cookies anyway.

The town is small, if you get in late your dining options are limited; there is a Domino's Pizza down the street that can serve the purpose for a late night meal.

We will definitely stay there again when we pass through.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and reviewing about our property! I must agree the pool is the best feature and the largest pool I've ever seen for a mid-scale hotel. It is a true gem of our property and great for guest after long travels or a hard day at work. We do have pool hours to allow the chemicals time to do their job, yet we are very accommodating and open it early for morning laps or for night owls that want to unwind! I apologize that the cookies ran out before your arrival we bake a few dozen a day and want to keep them fresh so when it's late we don't replenish them, however if you sweet talk the guest representatives they would be happy to bake some fresh for you! I am overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and your loyalty to our property when you visit Mansfield! Thank you, your much appreciated.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was very very clean and fresh nd updated and did I say clean?? Very nice lobby and the food...WOW... I have never stayed at a hotel where you can eat all the cookies and fruit and coffee anytime you feel like it. And the breakfast..>WOW it was amazing also. I was just so amazed at everything being so nice and clean and fresh. all the way to the tiles on the bathroom floors to the carpets in the hallway to the muffin I ate in the morning and the gazillion awesome cookies I ate!!!.....But the best part was the staff...they where very accommodating and inviting making me feel like iv been their a million times. I think the Manager's name was Sherry McNabb she was awesome I felt like she really cared about not only the hotel but me as a guest as well. I am going to stay here every time I come to this City. its close to the Mall and everything I was doing on any side of town. If you stay here I promise you wont be disappointed and you wont GO HUNGRY!! lol...

Room Tip: Ask for the suits with the little kitchen and little living room. They where very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Cookies here are a huge hit, most guest remember us by them. Its a nice way to welcome our guest after long travels and a reason to have our guest come to the lobby to get acquainted with our staff. I appreciate all the wonderful compliments on my staff and myself, you are a joy to have with us and I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel when your in Mansfield. Thank you for your review and hope to see you and your family very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed the accommodations and excellent customer service provided by the staff and management at Quality Inn! We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna. The experience was enjoyable and we were treated like family. Great job, Quality Inn!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Just like the Italian restaurant, when your here your family! Thank you for your wonderful review, it is much appreciated and I will share it with my staff! I am very happy that you had a great experience during your stay. We strive to have the best guest service, clean and maintained rooms and a great breakfast for our guest, and I am pleased we have delivered that for your stay! Hope to see you very soon, take care!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is about what one would expect for a Quality Inn. Rooms and suites are adequate. One would prefer a bar and restaurant, butou can't have everything. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Didn't use the indoor pool, but it was an attractive area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and comments for your stay here at the Quality Inn & Suites. Yes, I must agree I would love to have a bar/restaurant but it wasn't in the structure plans however, we are only 3 minutes away from any chain restaurant in the Mansfield area! Also, every Tuesday evening we have a Manager Reception with dinner and complimentary adult beverages for all our guest. Our pool is the largest regular indoor pool in the area and is a great way to spend the evenings to relax after a long day, hopefully during your next visit you'll have time to take a swim!
Sumerco, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Very quiet and enjoyable. Room was very clean and very roomy. The morning breakfast was way more than expected. It was excellent. Pool area was amazing. This was a very refreshing place to stay with many attractions, shopping & restaurants to choose from with in minutes from the hotel. Will definitely plan on staying at this facility again. Also wanted to say that Cheryl was an awesome employee who gave us a very refreshing welcome after a long drive.

Room Tip: We had an end room in the back near the pool and we loved it. Not all the main traffic from the fro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property it makes me so happy that you had a great stay. We strive to have the best guest service, rooms and breakfast for our guest in the Mansfield area. Cheryl is a true gem and she will be so grateful for you mentioning her in your compliments. We aim for excellence and I am happy we were able to achieve that with your stay, hope to see you again soon!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were given an upgrade due to our platinum membership in Choice privileges. We always order twin bed rooms, preferably on the ground floor. This suite had a pull out bed from a sofa. It is not a heavenly bed, but it is definitely better than the bunks we had in the army. The blanket was a bit thin, but then it was just like being back in uniform.

The bathroom was above average with a washbasin to put all your toiletries and your spouses as well. The shower gave an unusual water sprout and was a luxury. The room had two TV's both with very good images. It was more or less perfect.

The hotel has an agreement with a fitness center not too far away, but we did not use it.

In the evening we had a meal in «the kitchen» at a pair of bar stools. Nice an efficient. The coffee from the reception was probably from the morning, so we made our own in the room.

The Internet connection was below par. It broke down in the evening and in the morning it was down again. I used a router named «hotel», but that was almost as slow as a dead donkey; i.e. 2-30 K bit/s.

The breakfast was one of the better ones. Instead of the scrambled eggs, there was some delicate small omelets that tasted delicious together with «hamburger» sausages.

A kid left his apple half eaten on our door handle. There are pigs everywhere and they grow up eventually to be even larger pigs. Doesn't today's kids have parents with some kind of self respect?

We paid $ 122 and it was well worth it.

It was just what a Quality Hotel is supposed to be, nice and mainly efficient. Would I come here again? Definitely if I did not live across “the pond”.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We do enjoy our CP Members and treat them well when they choose to stay with us! Thank you for your wonderful comments on our property during your stay. Your feedback is much appreciated and I will share it with all my staff. We are currently working on the internet issues, just had an equipment upgrade to resolve the issue but to no avail. I do apologize for the inconvience of the other guests children, who would think to put a half eaten apple on someones door lock! We try our best to give our guest a great breakfast with a menu that is ever changing to keep it from getting boring, I am happy you enjoyed it. I hope the next time you skip the pond that you will come back to Mansfield to stay with us again! Safe Travels
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. The hotel was quiet and restful after a long day of driving. The room was very clean and well proportioned. The hotel advertised a deluxe breakfast and I have to say that it was. As well as bagels, cereal and the other usual fare, we had cheese omelets, bacon and excellent biscuits and gravy. Just a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your time to write your wonderful review, it is much appreciated. I am pleased you had a great experience during your stay and that we reached your expectations of a clean and maintained room with great guest service. I will definitely share your review with my staff as it helps to maintain their services to our guest. Your feedback of the breakfast is much appreciated as we try to provide the best (hotel) breakfast in Mansfield and we are ever changing items to satisfy the guest needs/wants. Thank you again and hope to see you again on your next trip to Mansfield!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!