“Solid Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Tampa
“Solid Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

A good room with good beds. The best place to stay in Mansfield. The staff is friendly and courteous the breakfast was good, but feel short of some other Hampton's we have stayed at lately. Somewhat expensive, but the place has added value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear G2services
I wanted to thank you for filling out our survey, We truly enjoy having our loyal guest give us their feedback. I hope you decide to return to our facility soon. Have a very good day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Buffalo, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

When I arrived, the room I was given was open and there were indentations on the pillows on the bed. I went back down to the check-in desk to communicate that I was not comfortable staying in a room that was open, and was told "it was probably just the cleaning staff" who left the room open, and that she was not sure another room was available. Only upon my insistence was I given another room. The hotel was not full. I should have been given an apology and another room with no discussion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Kathryn,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South, I would like to apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss this matter.
Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is very clean & was super quiet. A little on the high side, but did just come off the highway. Other hotels were sold out, so had to pay the price. The breakfast was impressive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Randal,
Mansfield-Ontario, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel had very friendly staff and was extremely clean. One of our parties had car problems and we were allowed to stay past 3:00 until the car was fixed. Breakfast was great as usual and the pool/whirlpool was clean and regulated well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Todd.
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the survey on your stay at our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for being a loyal guest at The Hilton and our affiliates. We love serving you and will continue to make sure every stay with us exceeds your expectations. Thank you again!!
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton before and have written a positive review in the past. Unfortunately, my stay this past weekend left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The positive: Check in was easy; room was clean.

The negative: The noise was horrible. Granted, it's not the hotel's fault if guests insist on acting like animals, but it is up to them to do something when complained about it. I had a late night event that I was attending and wanted to get some sleep prior, which was impossible. I requested a room change; none were available, but I was assured that the room would be called and told to quiet down or they would have to leave. Great, but still doesn't help me get any sleep.

Housekeeping: Knocked on my door prior to the check out time. I called out since I was getting dressed when they decided to try and enter my room. When I asked what they thought they were doing, they told me they would come back later. I could understand if I was in the room past the check out time, but I wasn't.

Check out: No one was at the front desk. Eventually, someone strolled out from the back. I turned in my room key stating I was checking out. She took them with an okay. Didn't ask if I enjoyed my stay, thank me for staying at the Hampton - NOTHING.

Due to this experience, it is doubtful I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear mzdov,
I am sorry, you didn't enjoy your stay at our facility. I did address each issue you discussed. We were sold out that weekend, so unfortunately we were unable to move you to another room. The front desk clerk did speak to the noisy guest and explained to them that they had to quiet down. The housekeeper did not hear you call out and since there was not a do not disturbed sign on the door, the next step is to visual see if the room is vacant. I have also spoke to the lady that was working front desk that day and reminder her that our guest deserve a warm and friendly departure. Once again I am sorry you did not have a better experience at our hotel.
mansfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff were very friendly and efficient upon check-in. Room was very clean, the beds were amazingly comfortable. The bathroom was huge and very clean. Very satisfied with the choices for breakfast. Will definitely stay here again next year for Tough Mudder Ohio. Mudder On!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Bruce

Dear Kimber,
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel and I will never stay at this hotel or any other in their portfolio. (Sunrise hospitality inc.) I stayed over 200 nights at Hilton hotels last year and Jake at the front desk was the most rude hospitality employee I have ever come across. He left a very bad impression about this hotel and the management of it. How can a business centered around hospitality be so inhospitable?

• Stayed April 2013
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear HVKBuffalo
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our facility. What exactally was the issue that you were unhappy with reguarding the midnight auditor. I take value in ever review submitted, good or bad, I would like for you to give me more information, so if there is a issue I need to discuss with the staff then I can address it. Please feel free to respond to this reply or call me at the hotel at any time 419-774-1010.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71? Share your experiences!