“Wonderful Service” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points w/Your Stay!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
“Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good location-you do not hear the freeway.
Cordial manager and breakfast staff. A hot breakfast is so nice.
The pool, exercise room and meeting room looked great.
We used the lobby area for comfy chairs rather than the desk & 2 chairs in the 2 Queen bed room. Microwave & mini frig are are nice touch.
The rates were "inflated" for this special weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We hope you return for a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My friend and I were on a road trip and while in Columbus, we found out that most hotels WILL NOT let you check in unless you're 21 (we're 18). But, the people here were very understanding and let us check in.

• Stayed July 2012
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Rochester NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I rely on Hampton Inns to be the best sleepover spots on the road and am willing to pay a premium for the pleasure. However, this one was sub-standard. We reserved a King room, which usually comes with a comfortable couch and coffee table or foot rest so that you can relax without having to lie on the bed. This room had only a stained arm chair. I did complain when the Desk called to see how things were, but they didn't offer any remedies.

The toilet had a very weak flush and wobbly seat.

The non-smoking room didn't smell particularly fresh (paint?), although the air conditioning controls worked properly and got some circulation going.

On the plus side, it had a small refrigerator (no freezer) and microwave. There were electrical sockets and usb ports on the lamp by the bed (wow!). The wireless internet was decent and free. And the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
Thank you again and enjoy your day.
Berea, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family and I were again traveling on a sports related trip and needed an overnight stopover to break up a long trip. Before leaving home, I targeted a few hotels in areas that I thought I might stop in and got phone numbers for them before leaving home. I got a good rate after callling this hotel at 1:30am and talking to Charlie who was very friendly and wanting to make a sale since it was so late. We were welcomed in and we just crashed for the night after the usually bedbug inspection passed. Good nights sleep with nice large queen beds. The manager the next morning was very nice when we checked out to continue our trip. The overall appearance of the place was what I would rate an 4 out of 5 with some wear and tear that comes from use. The room was pretty clean overall. The maid did knock on the room to find out if we had left at about 9:30am. Fortunately we were all dressed and about ready to leave. There were some cracks in the ceiling of the bathroom and I noticed some mildew or soap scum on the shower curtain. Nothing really major wrong, especially with the price we received. My worst kick on the place was the breakfast. Normally the Hampton Inns has a very nice breakfast. It is one of the main reasons that I go out of my way to stay at these hotels. The breakfast lady was nice enough, but, just wasn't on the ball here. The biscuits and the omelettes were cold...not ice cold, but barely room temperature. The turkey sausage had been out so long it was shriveling up...from being cold I suppose. : ) Actually it looked like it had been sitting out for at least an hour or more and I didn't see a microve handy to warm it or the other food up. A kid spilt milk and the breakfast lady gave him a few small rags and watched him as he cleaned up the mess. At least the teenage kid cleaned up the mess. She didn't offer to help him and it was obvious he was embarrased. Some things like milk and breads ran out while I was there. Charlie's excellent service and the value I got on the room were nixed by the poor breakfast experience. I'd give the place a B-/C+ overall, but, I can't give it 3.5 out of 5 so it gets a 4 based on Charlie and the value.

Room Tip: If traveling very late, ask for a discount since the room probably isn't likely to filled. They...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stopped here late one night on our way home from Cleveland after a concert. They were able to put us in a room that was very clean and comfy. Gotta love Hampton Inn!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope you return.
Waterloo, Ia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn didn't fail us. We like Hampton's and this one was very clean and in a good location. Close to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you return.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I am pretty sure that this is one of the hotels that has been spun off as a franchise. This is the second Hampton Inn where I've recently stayed that smoking is allowed on the same floor as non-smoking rooms. I'm not sure that I'll ever understand this concept or reasoning. The matress was not the quality of most Hampton Inns. I woke up both mornings somewhat stiff and sore. Something was also wrong with the room temperature. I set the temperature at 66F for both nights. I was comforatable the first night and hot the second night. In addition, the shower head had extremely low water pressure.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. Breakfast offerings were nice. A major suggestion is that they remove the plastic bag holding the oatmeal and keep it warm within the stainless container that it is served in. Serving hot oatmeal out of plastic bags does not strike me as being very healthy. Nearby restaurants were primarily fast food chains with limited selection.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Quality Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71? Share your experiences!