What a lovely place! We took advantage of a Living Social offer and spent November 9 & 10 in cottage 127. We chose it because it had a deck, and after we requested it I thought we were foolish, because who needs a deck in November? We did - the temperatures were in the high 60s and wine, cheese, fruit and books on the deck made for a wonderful afternoon.
The room is very cozy and well appointed, with a comfortable king sized bed, a kitchenette and a gorgeous jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was beautifully set up with candles and rose petals for us, but after a day of hiking, sightseeing, an in-room couples massage and a wonderful dinner at the Malabar Farm Restaurant (separate review) we were too exhausted to indulge!
Coffee maker with coffee provided, microwave and toaster worked perfectly. Didn't use the stove or the TV, so I can't report on those. Our only problem was a non-functional hair dryer which was quickly remedied by the management who brought a replacement right up.
The only reason I did not give Spruce Hill 5 stars was due to the lack of wi-fi and, more important to us, the lack of good reading light anywhere in the room. We are avid readers, but it was impossible after dark as there wasn't a single lamp in the room bright enough for reading. The lack of light is why I gave the room only 3 stars - otherwise it was perfect.
Spruce Hill is a perfect romantic getaway - peaceful and private. It feels like you're the only people in the world. Just an hour and a half from Cleveland, but you feel you've really gotten away. We will return.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Hill Inn & Cottages Hotel Mansfield
- Spruce Hill Inn & Cottages Hotel
- Spruce Hill Inn And Cottages
- Spruce Hill Inn & Cottages Mansfield, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale hilltop jacuzzi cottages, in a wooded area with 23 acres of scenic views. Communing with nature, yet minutes away from the interstate, restaurants & area attractions: skiing, race tracks, state parks, golf, etc. Perfect for intimate corporate meetings, group, couple or individual retreats, reunions, fund raisers, weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries; graduation, Christmas or New Year parties, club & family outings or simply a beautiful "get-away" place to stay. Ski, Spa & Romantic packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Spruce Hill Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.