“Wonderful Quite Place for a Tired Contractor working out of town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
You added Heritage Inn to your Saves list
Heritage Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1017 Koogle Road, Mansfield, OH 44903 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful Quite Place for a Tired Contractor working out of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have been staying at the delightful Heritage Inn located on Koogle Rd., Mansfield, OH for the past two months. I am working as a contractor in Mansfield and needed a reasonably priced somewhat long-term accommodation. Well, this is the place where you want to stay. The owners, a delightful couple, Art & Pam are a joy to speak to and have accommodated my every need. The hotel is in the country in a very quiet location, has comfortable beds, & with clean rooms. There are coffee & sweets every morning. Since I am a contractor, I leave very early in the morning every day; although breakfast is not normally ready until 7am, Art has coffee & sweet rolls put out just for me every morning at 6am. This little amenity is really nice. I highly recommend this quiet & clean hotel to anyone for a one night or much longer stay. I have stayed at many hotels for many years during my business travels & this one rates right up there with the best.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

For a business person that spends a lot of time only sleeping in motels this was perfect place to stop and sleep. The room was clean and convienant. Great water pressure and a tv with 50+ channels. Bed was comfortable and clean. The towels were newish and soft. I used a travel magazine coupon and total cost with tax was under $40! I will be back next time in the area. Only bad thing was location wasn't close to any restaurants.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My friends and I stayed there for two days while on a hunting trip in Ohio. When we first arrived we were taken aback by the exterior of the hotel. It was obvious that it had not been updated in quite awhile. We arrived early and the hotel manager allowed us to check in. We were pleasantly suprised by the room, although it was outdated, it was clean and did not have a negative odor. The room did not contain an alarm clock or other items you may find in a more expensive hotel, but it did meet our needs. The shower water came out like a pressure washer which was very refreshing. The hotel maids did a great job at cleaning our rooms. We will return there for our next trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Older motel, some updates, decent bed, nice towels, good water pressure, toast and Danish for breakfast, isolated location, pleasant manager/owner

• Stayed August 2011
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Checked in at 10:30pm. Was surprised by signs near front window and lobby reading "Restrooms for guests only-don't even ask!" What a way to welcome guests! Found out it's because of a nearby racetrack that attracts large crowds who apparently need bathrooms.

Room on first floor (of two) was my choice. Odd layout as must enter room off lobby/corridor, but can exit room directly into parking lot.

Fridge and microwave in room. Seemed clean, even bathroom.

No hair dryer in the room, but one available if you ask in the lobby. I had brought my own.

Bed was comfortable but a little saggy in the middle. Pillows need replacing and I advise them next time not to write ECONO LODGE with a Sharpie on the pillow if they're going to use thin sheets/pillowcases.

Wireless worked ok.

Was not impressed with breakfast: some bread for toast. Burned coffee. No hot water available as clerk forgot to plug in the hot plate to heat it up-although there were tea bags and hot chocolate packets nearby. A couple of yesterday's (or the day before?) stale pastries (I believe they were frozen overnight as they were still pretty cold).

For a place to stay in that price range it wasn't bad. I wouldn't want to be there for more than one night. Don't believe the area around it was unsafe, just kind of dark and not well-lighted. No restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way to the Holmes County Amish area of southeastern Ohio. The motel is easy to find; being right off I-71. The area is a little barren in terms of restaurants so you will have to drive south on I-71 to have a bite at places like Cracker Barrel or Steak 'n Shake.
Personally, we had driven across the Midwest that day and were just looking for a clean place to stay before setting off again the next morning. The Econo Lodge served us pretty well as the room was indeed clean, quiet and comfortable. We did not spend enough time there to make any judgements on its other facilities. For less than fifty dollars for the night's stay during the peak of fall foliage, I think we scored a good value.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Dayton/Beavercreek, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

On our way to the Cleveland Clinic for my son's doctor appointment, my mom (who insisted on making the travel arrangements) chose this motel for the halfway point to stop for the night. It was right off of I-71, but the area was... desolate. It was easy to find though, because it was well-signed and really one of three open businesses there. There was a gentleman's club and a fireworks merchant down the road a bit.

When we got there, the first thing we noticed was the signs in the front window saying, No public restroom, for customers only, don't even ask. Not necessarily the thing I want to see, because it made me immediately think that the people that hung around there weren't people I wanted to run across late at night. There was a boarded-up spa and a boarded-up restaurant in front of the hotel.

But the man inside was polite and the room was clean. There were some stains on the box springs but I chose to ignore that since I don't sleep on them. The linens were clean, the TV worked. Our key didn't work on the outside door, so we had to go through the front to get in. There was no coffeepot, no alarm clock. They did have coffee in the lobby in the mornings. We didn't have enough towels for a group of four, but the door to the linens was open so we just helped ourselves to what we needed and got a couple of extra pillows. We didn't ask.

In the morning I needed to fax some paperwork and when we asked where we could go in town to do that, they let us use their fax machine at $2 a page. I figured it was easier to spend the six bucks there as to drive around and burn six bucks worth of gas to find another place to do it. Mom said the coffee was ok, I don't drink it. The beds were comfortable enough (I don't sleep well in hotels anyway most of the time and having four people in the room and the TV on all night didn't help). The air contitioner worked fine.

The pool area had been filled in and was planted with what appeared to be tomatoes and some other vegetable plants. Honestly I think a place that didn't seem to get that much business is better off without the liability of having a public pool area. I tried to get some wireless access for the laptop but even though I could connect to someone's weak signal, I could not access the internet.

If I had to stay there again, I probably would. I liked that it was quiet and that the staff was pleasant enough to help with the few problems we had. It's a bit run-down but I would rather stay in a clean, older place than a new place that has snarky help at twice the price. At around fifty bucks a night, it was a place to sleep and shower. There isn't anywhere to eat close by, so be prepared to go north or south back down I-71 for something to eat unless you want pizza delivered (there are a TON of pizza places).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!