“So cute and WAY yum!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Mississippi
“So cute and WAY yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Honestly, I am very surprised at the negative reviews for this place. I, for one, am NOT a hot dog fan and I LOVED the coney dogs! That's HUGE for me.

We stopped here after the Carrousel on recommendation from a server at Texas Road House in Ontario, OH. She made sure to tell us it was the Coney CLOSE to the Carrousel and not the other one. She said this place is very clean, takes pride in service, and is a family owned business (and for years). This is place!

We walked in and I just thought the entire place was darling. The seats at the booths were VERY throw-back style...very fitting for the atmosphere they are trying to bring. The "soda fountain" style was very cool with the stools at the counter.

We sat down and one of the first things to catch my eye was this old-school large Ronald McDonald head they used to be for blowing up helium balloons (think McDonald's Birthday Parties from the past). Next to Ronald, a sign read "I love the fries here". Other cool nostalgic things included an old S&H Green Stamps sign, RC Cola Clock, and a VERY large collection of Mansfield School Yearbooks...amongst other cool things!

Our server was a younger kid. NOT kid-kid, but early 20s, maybe? He was super-duper cool....very nice and personal (not a cookie cutter server that says the same thing to everyone). He knew the menu inside and out.

Now, I don't do hot dogs. I don't like skin, casings, and the texture and snapping of them sickens me (what can I say?), but I was reassured only the larger hotdogs (was it the beef ones?) did NOT have them....and he knew completely what I was talking about because he doesn't care for the casings/snapping thing, either! LOL! :)

So I went for it. And not only was he EXACTLY right, but the whole thing was unlike any other I've had. The bun was exceptionally soft (I shouldn't have, but I did gluten myself for this...ugh....flame away) and it was surprisingly VERY mild and just great. No worries about heartburn with this!! I did not find this "tasteless" as one person put in their review....but maybe that person likes spicy flaming strong food? I had two of them and if I thought I could've held it, I would've gone for a third...and this is from a person who isn't big on these things :)

Oh..and the french fries???? Ronald McDonald IS right....they beat his! :)

Just do it. I really wish we had cool places like this back home!

Visited June 2013

Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“breakfast !!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

the breakfast is just okay nice and quick, the staff could be friendlier and the place could be just a tad bit cleaner, but the overall experience was good.

Visited June 2013
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I always love to stop in here for a bit to eat.

The atmosphere is great and the food is just as good.

If you love that 50s/60s diner feel with the old time food you need to stop in for a visit.

Service has always been great and the selection is even better.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been going here since I could drive and the food and service has remained great. It's no gourmet meal but you know a place is delicious when you get cravings for king coneys on a monthly basis!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Olmsted OH
“Love this little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went to the Carrousel Park first and then had lunch here. It has now been a spring and summertime treat for our grandchildren. Love this little place. Great service and food.

• Visited June 2012