“Wonderful Hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mansfield
The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
291 N. Stewart Road, Mansfield, OH 44905   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Wonderful Hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast overnight as part of our excursion to tour Mansfield Reformatory. We stayed in Savannah's room and even got to meet it's namesake, their daughter. Bruce and Karen were very accommodating with our need to check in a little early and made us feel right at home from the very start. We enjoyed the lovely grounds and found the creek with the waterfall very relaxing. The breakfast and conversation were just wonderful. Thanks Bruce and Karen for making our little getaway very special.

Room Tip: We really liked Savannah's room, however Sean's room looked just as nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
beka5963, Owner at The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks so much for your nice feedback. We so very much appreciate getting reviews so that we can continue to improve and better serve our guests.

The Ohio State Reformatory is one of the many big draws in the area. It is a wonderfully unique architectural gem. From the Hollywood movie scenes and tours to the Ghost Hunts, many people really enjoy visiting the Reformatory.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I usually stay in a hotel when travelling but this time, my wife and I, stayed at a B & B for a change, what a pleasant change it was. The house stands back from the road, in a nice wooded area, and was built in the 1800s, it still has all the quaintness of an older property. Bruce and Karen were the perfect host making us feel totally welcomed, we only stayed two days but if felt like we had known them forever. Breakfast was wonderful on both days, which was cooked fresh in front of us as we came down for breakfast. Definately a "must go again" place

Room Tip: We stayed in Sean's Room overlooking the garden and wooded area, so peaceful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a great time. Bruce and Karen were gracious hosts. This B&B is in a lovely setting. The common rooms are relaxing and nicely furnished. We really enjoyed our stay and we look forward to coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Sean's room for one night while we were in town to tour the reformatory. The Innkeepers were out of town and we were greeted by their daughter and daughter's husband. We really enjoyed our first stay at a bed and breakfast and definitely recommend this place. The house was charming, the company was kind and hospitable, and the breakfast was delicious. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012
jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Everything you could want at a B&B! Gracious hospitality, spacious rooms with a beautiful country view, delightful breakfast, interesting conversations! We thank Bruce and Karen for opening their wonderful historic home to travelers!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Bruce and Karen took great care of us. This was the perfect location for us to stay in during our short stay in Mansfield to tour the Ohio State Reformatory.

This B & B has a Christian base but I did not feel out of place here at all. My partner and I stayed here for one night. Very convenient location. Friendly inn keepers, clean rooms. VERY comfortable bed, and breakfast the next day was delightful.

The home is beautiful and the gardens amazing. My ONLY complaint and its just a personal preference were the dogs outside. I am an animal advocate and it was hard for me to see two dogs chained up outside. That's just me. They were friendly and well cared for and I made sure to stop out and visit them, but I would say if you, like me, are bothered by animals on chains this is not the place for you.

Otherwise everything was delightful and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I can't say enough nice things about this fine B&B, and the equally fine people who are your hosts. Bruce and Karen Beck eptiomize everything you can enjoy about staying in a B&B. The room was well appointed, with a fridge, and ample storage for luggage. The queen size bed was very comfortable, and provided a wonderful rest. Bruce and Karen are friendly and gracious hosts. The breakfast food was plentiful, and delicious. Bruce and Karen were ready, willing, and able to extend every accomodation to make my stay absolutely perfect. Bruce and Karen live their faith, and I can't remember staying in a better B&B, and I've been on the road for over 30 years. I've been patronizing B&B's since they cost $15 a night, and the owners thought you were doing them a favor to stay with them. You should check out their website www.theoldestonehousebandb.com for the full story, but their home, built in the 1820's, and expanded in 1837, is on the National Register of Historic Places. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, with a lovely pool and deck behind the house. Mansfield itself is a hidden gem of a community, with numerous attractions, and enjoyable restaurants. I spent two nights, and a day, and look forward to returning as soon as I can. This place is a little piece of heaven. If you go, tell'em Catfish sentcha. And don't miss the Malabar Farm tour, and restaurant.

Room Tip: Check out the website to select your room, and rate in advance
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind and gracious words. It is always a joy and privilege for us to meet and serve wonderful people like yourself that are traveling this great country and need a place to lay their head and get some rest.

We do feel very fortunate to have an old historical home that we can share with others. Meeting new friends from all over is such a great blessing to Karen and I both!

We do look forward to seeing you again sometime down the road!

Been to The Olde Stone House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!