“Great Valentine's experience again!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Shelby, Ohio
“Great Valentine's experience again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Took the wife out for a valentine dinner at our fav place. We had to wait to be seating a little but thats normal for holidays. Our server Michelle was great and started us off with drinks. Ordered the calamari appetizer and it was delicious. My wife ordered the filet and came out with a perfect pink center. I ordered the Lobster dinner and it was also perfection! I read the previous review and they don't broil their lobsters unless you ask. The lobsters here are steamed to I guess keep them from drying out and in my opinion thats the best way to get a full flavored tender lobster. mmmm, im hungry again writing this review! Anyway, great time and we took our carrot cakes to go. Love this place!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“Will not go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Maybe our first mistake was not ordering steak. It was our 18th Anniversary meal and I got the 1# lobster tail. It came to the table looking brownish, and not brolied brown. I tasted it and it tasted almost like BBQ. Come to find out they put streak seasoning ON THEIR $36 LOBSTER!
I sent it back and asked for it to be plain (or just normal) and was told it would be 12-15 mins. I ate my onion straws and watched my husband eat his trout. The server was new and we had conversations each time she came to check on us. She asked about how lobster is normally cooked, I told her steamed or broied, she must have heard "boiled" because that is what I got 45 mins later. Very unappealing looking. I gave up and packed it up. They didn't even take off the extra glass I wine I asked for while waiting for the second round. NOT WORTH $80 + tip

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Girlfriend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great value, huge steak dinner for $13.99. Good service. Steaks cooked as ordered. If not traveling, we would have needed "doggie bags".

Visited October 2012
Mansfield, Ohio
“Rustic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Rustic atmosphere. Good service. Steve's has very good specials Monday thru Thursday. Most enjoyable.

Visited April 2012
Mansfield, Ohio
“Cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

cozy atmosphere, nice people, great food. decor is like a hunting lodge, with animal heads on display, so maybe not for everyone.

Visited June 2012