“Discusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Mansfield

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Mansfield to your Saves list
Motel 6 Mansfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   555 North Trimble Road, US-30 at Trimble Road Exit 176, Mansfield, OH 44906   |
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Mansfield
Toledo, Ohio
“Discusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start...filthy! The walls are filthy dirty! The carpet is grosse, I will not take my shoes off and walk around! The fridge does not work, the microwave I won't even open...too afraid! Bathroom...YUCK!! Owner...pain in the But! I got a non smoking room because my boyfriend does not smoke & he complained about me smoking outside...really??? I didnt even throw my butts on the ground. i put them in a garbage can...SO WHAT ARE YOU Complaining ABOUT??? but DONT ALL NON SMOKERS WANT ME OUTSIDE SMOKING ANYWAYS??? Then said they would move me to smoking room...but they don't have a smoking room with microwave & fridge! I guess what's the difference, fridge doesn't work and microwave too scary to use anyways! But I did not ask for a smoking room to begin with... Maybe he is afraid me standing outside smoking will frighten away all of the hookers???? I just don't even know what else to say...can't make this stuff up!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
genoa ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Are room was dirty , moldy , burn holes in sheets. dirty carpet this was in the first room we was in then we went to another room the room was nasty, smelly, dirty and the next door people was loud , nasty , cars coming and going and drugs and prostitution going on . so went to front desk to ask for another room she said we was in the room to long and then we asked for a refund and they didnt give that to us either so please dont go here you would rather sleep on the street or in your car much better place to be than here .. so then we left and went to the quailty inn across the street we walked in the room and said wow much better much cleaner and wonder staff.. so PLEASE DONT GO HERE .... i'M TELLING YOU THIS FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFTY !!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was disgusting. From the long hair that was on most of the towel, to the spider webs in the corner of the wall and the moldy shower. I didn't even want to take my shoes off as I walked around the room.

Upon leaving I questioned the man at the front desk (the Indian guy with messed up teeth) about the safe fee which the safe said I could have removed from my bill upon checkout. He said said he won't remove it unless I pay a $10 pet fee for bringing my dog. I told him when I made the reservations I was told motel 6 doesn't charge pet fee, and he said it was his personal pet fee he charges.

I will never stay here again, I will never stay at a motel 6 again. American owned and operated motels for me for now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jackson, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here on September 18, 2012. I was helping a friend, moving her from New Hampshire to California, so we had a Jeep with a U-Haul in tow and 2 good pets. This was our first stop after a long 15 hours behind the wheel.

Generally Motel 6 means a basic, but clean room... sometimes the areas Motel 6's are located in are sketchy, but this one seemed to be in a safe area. One thing though, is it is located 5-6 miles from the interstate (I-71), something we did not know from the Motel 6 website.

The low grade for this motel is the fact it is a converted old one level motel. This is not the newer "box" style Motel 6, but an "updated" older motel. As we drove up, my friend said "Oh it looks nice"... well that really was the only time it looked or smelled nice.

I know we had pets, but we were put into a room that had a stench of smoke, the room was not that clean, the pillows were terrible, and the beds were not much better. I think we slept from pure exhaustion. The room was in great need of updating, even walking on the carpet barefoot gave a bit of an uneasy feel.

As far as parking with a trailer, I had to park on the street, if you do stay here is desperation... hint do not pull between the buildings with a trailer... you will have to back all the way out because the 3 access point to the 3-building motel are all dead ends... park on the road!

Overall, I don't love Motel 6, some properties are updated, this one is not! Maybe we would have done better if we were not delegated to the "pet friendly" rooms -- which by our guess is also a smoking room?? As I mentioned, the area was a safe area, there was a restaurant closeby (like a Denny's or similar restaurant.... not quite sure of the name, we were in late at night and out very early).

A plus for travelers on motorcycles and others that like they're car close by, you can park right at the door.... I would check out the room before you stay though!

Room Tip: Check the room first... we had a "pet-friendly" room that had the smell of smoking and not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LaGrange, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only stayed one night and will never stay here again. I actually wouldn't let my dog stay here...it was terrible! Really expected better considering the fact we were charged $92 for a one night stay on a Friday. Upon opening the door to the room, we were almost knocked down by the smell of mold & paint mixed. The carpet was covered with stains, mud, & paint drippings. The curtains were full of holes, bedding was covered with burn holes, a/c unit was full of dirt, mold, & stale french fries. The telephone was filthy, the one nightstand in the room had brown slimy "something" on it that we wiped off with a napkin......which I took to the front desk upon checkout and got no more of a response from the receptionist than "ok". The desk in the room was sagging like it was about to break, dresser was broken, burn spots on the ceilings, trim coming off the lower wall in the bathroom, soft spots in bathroom floor, mold around bathtub, ventilation fan in bath didn't work & was full of dirt and mold.....bathroom was so nasty we didn't even consider showering in it! Sink panel fell off and hit my fiance in the legs when he walked up to the sink to brush his teeth....revealing the under cabinet of the sink which was also full of filth and trash! Holes in the walls, safe that didn't work, one VERY skimpy pillow per person, not even an alarm clock available. And to top it all off, our children were staying with us and about 5 doors down....there was a prostitute soliciting men in the parking lot!! Hands down the absolute worst place we have ever stayed...I say again...DO NOT STAY HERE!! The general manager, Umesh Patel, should be ashamed of himself for renting rooms out in this poor quality & even more ashamed of himself for the price he is charging! If I owned copyrights to the Motel 6 "name", I wouldn't hestitate to remove this bum & his rat trap from my hotel chain!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albemarle, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spent two nights... nothing fancy ..then again its Motel 6... only prob is they need to update there bedding.. Comforters and under blanks had quite a few cigarette burns... couldn't guess we got smoking room bedding in our non smoking room... Bright spot... the girl who checked us in when we arrived was great and friendly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only stayed one night, place was clean but dated. Room smelled awful.....like it just recently was changed from a smoking to non-smoking room. Didn't expected more but only a bar of soap was provided, no shampoo/conditioner or hair dryer for anyone wondering. Pool was closed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Mansfield? Share your experiences!