“You get what ya pay for...” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Mansfield
555 North Trimble Road, US-30 at Trimble Road Exit 176, Mansfield, OH 44906   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Mansfield
Albemarle, North Carolina
“You get what ya pay for...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spent two nights... nothing fancy ..then again its Motel 6... only prob is they need to update there bedding.. Comforters and under blanks had quite a few cigarette burns... couldn't guess we got smoking room bedding in our non smoking room... Bright spot... the girl who checked us in when we arrived was great and friendly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only stayed one night, place was clean but dated. Room smelled awful.....like it just recently was changed from a smoking to non-smoking room. Didn't expected more but only a bar of soap was provided, no shampoo/conditioner or hair dryer for anyone wondering. Pool was closed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our electric was out due to a storm on June 29, 2012. Power was out to all of Mount Vernon, so I booked a room at Motel 6 in Mansfield on line. The girl at the check in desk was very friendly and personable. Since my power was out and possibly would be out for several days, she moved me into a room with a microwave and small refrigerator at no extra cost.
The room itself was average, but the price was great. $49.99 on Sat. night and $39.99 the rest of my stay.
The room was comfortable and air conditioner worked great. Beds were a little soft and saggy but NO BUGS and sheets were clean. I always bring my own pillow but the pillows were not too bad.
The shower was ok, enough hot water for my long showers. The pipes and shower head were very loose though. The bathroom doorknob had been replaced and there was a large gaping hole where the other one was.
The TV was older but worked. Cable was ok. Internet was good, but not secure (several attempts were made to hack into my laptop). The desk lamp had no light bulb.
The pool is not going to be opened (owner said he could not get permission to open it?). Website still has pool listed so I was disappointed in this.
I had paid for 3 nights but was able to go home after 2 (my electric had been restored). Desk clerk issued me a credit which was posted in about 4-5 days to my bank account.
As for the noise, I did not hear the trucks on Rt. 30, probably because of the tv during the day and the ac running at night. I was in the 400 building and there were only a few cars out in the lot by that building. I did not see any drug activity or any crime during my stay. Also, there are no mirrors in the bathroom, only outside the bathroom above the sink area, and I do not see how a hypodermic needle would even fit above a mirror that is pretty flush against the wall (as a previous reviewer had complained of).
This was my 3rd stay at this motel in about 3 yrs and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 doubles have microwaves and refrigerators. 400 Building is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was doing contracting work in Mansfield and wanted a reasonably priced & close to work place to stay for an extended time period. I feel like a fool but I stayed here for about 4 months because I believed that this was the most economical place to stay in Mansfield. The room was noisy due to the truck traffic that goes non-stop on Route 30 24-hours a day. I got used to the noise after about a month so why did I stay here? Good question, I guess I am stupid. The walls are paper thin & I could hear everything going on in the room next to me, particularly the TVs which make it difficult to sleep. Several times, I had light bulbs burn out in the room and it took days to get them replaced. Let me tell you this is a crime ridden place. One time the SWAT team was here getting a drug dealer with two runaway underage girls. Then there was the break-in of a room during the daytime across from mine of a couple of guys that I work with. They were only there one day when someone pried their door open. When they complained to the manager, the manager accused them of breaking into their own room, nice ... huh? ... Let me not forget about the mouse in my room that ate a hole in a loaf of bread ... I told the manager about is but he did nothing ... so I had to call the Mansfield Health Department to get something done about this issue. Also, with the smell of mold which was all to prevalent in my room ... Once again I ask myself why did I stay here for so long ... I am still trying to figure that out, but take it from me, avoid this crime ridden, moldy, mouse infected, & noisy place!!!

Room Tip: stay away from hotel ... avoid it at any cost
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay there about once a month on business because it's convenient, is quiet every time I have stayed there, and is the only motel in Mansfield in this lower price range with Wi-Fi. The owners are cheap, cheap, CHEAP!! Every room I have stayed in, one of the two light bulbs in the lamp above the desk is removed to save money! Not as cheap as the Merit Inn downtown.. at least at the Motel 6 you get a fresh bar of soap and clean towels each day!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
wellington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was truly a terrible experience. The first thing we noticed was a hypadermic needle (apparently a drug users) on top the mirror in the bathroom. We told the owner about it and were a bit suprised that he didn't come to our room to remove it. When we were leaving the next day we stopped at the office to tell him that he should of came to remove it and he accused us of putting it there!! This guy was very rude. The rooms are dirty. The bed was big and fairly comfortable but the pillows are really small. The comforter had big burn holes in it. They only give you one washrag and handtowel. And they're all scratchy. There was small, gold wire all over the floor. Plus they have 3 or 4 cats that were hanging around there. But they were all beat up and had cuts on them and were starving. Made me feel bad. For the price ($52.00 Sunday) at first I thought was good but upon leaving I was thinking, you sure get what you pay for!! Definately will not repeat!!

Room Tip: None at this motel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My daughter had reserved this motel after comparing online pricing. When we got there and opened the door of the motel room, there was a strong smell of mold, (which I am highly allergic to). After our long trip we decided to turn on the heat, turn on the bathroom fan and shut the bathroom door and go out shopping for awhile. When arriving back, we found it did no good. We then called the desk person and was offered another room ,in a just cleaned and opened part of the motel. We loaded back up, opened the door to the newly "freshened up" room to find it had the same moldy smell coming from the back of the room (piping underground I believe, as the floors were softer around the bathroom area). Oh also did notice there was one wash rag and no towels, thats as far as we even looked . We asked for a refund which we were given. We spent the next 3 hrs trying to find an open room in town and ended up going 16 miles out of town before we found one. After one very frustrating night and reactions from the mold at this Motel our weekend was pretty well shot. DO NOT STAY OR BOOK AT THIS MOTEL, and especially not if you have any mold allergies.

Room Tip: If you want a good room for sleeping, quietness, health, dont stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Mansfield? Share your experiences!