“The Best Value in & around Mansfield, OH” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mansfield

You added Super 8 Mansfield to your Saves list
Super 8 Mansfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2425 Interstate Circle, I-71 and Rt. 13, Mansfield, OH 44903   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Sumter, SC
“The Best Value in & around Mansfield, OH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Mike Patel, the GM was very helpful in helping me book a reservation for two nights over the phone. He even volunteered to ask if I was a AAA member or was staying with a group. Nikki the night clerk was very friendly and helpful as well as I had tons of questions to ask her about the area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a coffee pot in the room for the price that I paid. I also was not expecting a continental breakfast for a hotel of this price range. The parking lot was very convenient to the front door and well-lit. With a 10% AAA discount I only paid about $60/night + tax. The location is very convenient for anyone going to Mid-Ohio sports car course, also. I checked around with several hotels in the area and this hotel was the best value, by far.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

dark room, busted up screens, noisy a/c, unresponsive, almost catatonic staff, and you do NOT even get what you pay for!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bennington, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I have no idea why I chose to stay 1) in Mansfield (my destination had lodgings, I found later) and 2) at a place panned by TripAdvisor members. The bad reviews are merited.

The room was downstairs (never a good sign). The hallways reeked of smoke, although the smell did not enter the room once I put a towel across the bottom of the door. The room was small. Wi-fi was excruciatingly slow. Lighting poor. Amenities consisted of soap and industrial strength Kleenex. Bed, surprisingly enough, was decent, although the pillows were so small and lumpy it was hard to get comfortable and get to sleep.

Breakfast consisted of: coffee, milk for the cereal (in dispenser chutes) and either mini-pastries or English muffins - butter and jelly were the only condiments. That was it. No fruit, yogurt, juice, bagels, toast or decent sized pastries. There was an extended family staying there that had made it to the breakfast area before we did, and they had cleaned out the pastries between the time we took our bags to the car and came back inside for breakfast.

I needed a decent-sized ice bucket's worth of ice for my cooler. The ice machine is in the lobby. I had to make 2 trips with the very small ice bucket (a soda can would not have fit into it). The morning attendant "Mike" (surely not the name his parents gave him in the Middle East) glared at me as I filled the bucket. I figured with the money he was saving on breakfast, he could afford 2 small buckets of ice.

I rated the service a "2" rather than a "1" because the night attendant (Nikki) was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lansing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Checking in - my key didn't work, went back to lobby to get the key redone, still didn't work. Sent to second room - TV was whining, NO rack to hold hangable clothes, fridge didn't work. Chain on door wasn't long enough to hook in to holder, no security. Sent to 3rd room - a/c didn't work, phone not even attached to any phone cord, room smells. NO chain or chain holder on door (see pic). Staff friendly at first, when I said a/c wasn't working, she said maintenane doesn't work on weekends. (what?!) Dump! Not worth $40.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
central ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Stayed here after attending a wonderful concert at Renaissance Theater in downtown Mansfield. Motel is up the hill north of I-71 behind Taco Bell. We took a queen accessible room which was just outside of the breakfast/registration area. Other than being right next to the main exit, room was not bad. Bed was a bit bouncy and soft for my taste. Heater worked fine. Bathroom was good. TV was fine, but remote could not lower volume. Room had its own exit door to the front patio near the parking area for easier access. Breakfast was the usual milk, juice, coffee, cereal, store muffins, etc. Served 6am - 10am, when I got there at about 9am, most non-cereal, non-drink items were gone so I don't know what else was available. One plus was that the cereal is out all day and night, so I got a snack of lowfat granola cereal after the concert.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Ive stayed at the super 8 many times before, my job as a GM rep. has me traveling a lot between Detroit and Ohio. I started booking rooms there at the start of 2005 and have seen the amazing change. The exterior has been changed from the odd wood siding, to a impressive stucco. Whats more impressive is the amazing change to the interior. Everything has been replaced in 2007. Every mattress, sofa, light fixture, carpet, bed spreads, and even new bathrooms. I was wondering why my room was not available at one point. Clearly the owner is really thinking of his customers. And of course my accounting department loves his rates at just 55$ a night. I highly recommend this new super 8.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — paint scheme, but thats franchise mandate correct?
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Mansfield? Share your experiences!