“Nice overnight stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mansfield

You added Super 8 Mansfield to your Saves list
Super 8 Mansfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2425 Interstate Circle, I-71 and Rt. 13, Mansfield, OH 44903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Nice overnight stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place is really awkward to get into, but once there, it is a nice facility. My room was on the back, facing the hillside, and was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, recommending places to visit when in the area, and even giving tips for a crispier waffle at breakfast!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the hillside won't have much traffic noise from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NW Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Everyone was very nice and helpful--front desk staff, owner, housekeeper.

We booked here because we have dogs, but we wound up on the bottom floor which smelled somewhat of pet pee and reeked of cigarettes. Also, we spent $10 per pet, per night, forty dollars total. The grassy area outside was sodden and boggy, so not great for pet walking. Staff were nice to our dogs and small child. I walked to the two floors above and noticed no odors up there.

I couldn't figure out the situation for wheelchair users. There seemed to be a special entrance and partial ramp, but I would suggest calling the hotel to get details if necessary. The breakfast offerings are very sparse: coffee, juice, four cereals, English muffins, and danish/fruit muffins. We hunted successfully for jam packets in a cupboard.

The pillows were hard, but the housekeeper gave us better ones when we asked, and the clerk warned us Southerners about icy patches to avoid in the snowy weather.

Nearby are many restaurants, a major discount retailer, ski resort, adult toy shop. We would stay again if we came without pets and could stay on an upper floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor unless you smoke or have a pet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Overnight stay while on business travel.
It was an "event weekend", so the rate was higher than usual.
Room appeared clean and orderly.
Towels mostly newer and fluffy.
Mattress extremely firm.
AC wasn't able to freeze me out on its highest setting.
No designated area for large vehicle/truck parking on their lot.
Even though the hotel appeared to be full, it was peaceful and quiet.
I was happy that housekeeping did not knock on my door before I checked out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Mike Patel, the GM was very helpful in helping me book a reservation for two nights over the phone. He even volunteered to ask if I was a AAA member or was staying with a group. Nikki the night clerk was very friendly and helpful as well as I had tons of questions to ask her about the area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a coffee pot in the room for the price that I paid. I also was not expecting a continental breakfast for a hotel of this price range. The parking lot was very convenient to the front door and well-lit. With a 10% AAA discount I only paid about $60/night + tax. The location is very convenient for anyone going to Mid-Ohio sports car course, also. I checked around with several hotels in the area and this hotel was the best value, by far.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

dark room, busted up screens, noisy a/c, unresponsive, almost catatonic staff, and you do NOT even get what you pay for!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bennington, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I have no idea why I chose to stay 1) in Mansfield (my destination had lodgings, I found later) and 2) at a place panned by TripAdvisor members. The bad reviews are merited.

The room was downstairs (never a good sign). The hallways reeked of smoke, although the smell did not enter the room once I put a towel across the bottom of the door. The room was small. Wi-fi was excruciatingly slow. Lighting poor. Amenities consisted of soap and industrial strength Kleenex. Bed, surprisingly enough, was decent, although the pillows were so small and lumpy it was hard to get comfortable and get to sleep.

Breakfast consisted of: coffee, milk for the cereal (in dispenser chutes) and either mini-pastries or English muffins - butter and jelly were the only condiments. That was it. No fruit, yogurt, juice, bagels, toast or decent sized pastries. There was an extended family staying there that had made it to the breakfast area before we did, and they had cleaned out the pastries between the time we took our bags to the car and came back inside for breakfast.

I needed a decent-sized ice bucket's worth of ice for my cooler. The ice machine is in the lobby. I had to make 2 trips with the very small ice bucket (a soda can would not have fit into it). The morning attendant "Mike" (surely not the name his parents gave him in the Middle East) glared at me as I filled the bucket. I figured with the money he was saving on breakfast, he could afford 2 small buckets of ice.

I rated the service a "2" rather than a "1" because the night attendant (Nikki) was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lansing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Checking in - my key didn't work, went back to lobby to get the key redone, still didn't work. Sent to second room - TV was whining, NO rack to hold hangable clothes, fridge didn't work. Chain on door wasn't long enough to hook in to holder, no security. Sent to 3rd room - a/c didn't work, phone not even attached to any phone cord, room smells. NO chain or chain holder on door (see pic). Staff friendly at first, when I said a/c wasn't working, she said maintenane doesn't work on weekends. (what?!) Dump! Not worth $40.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Mansfield? Share your experiences!