“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

On our way home from Florida we stayed last Monday evening (April 29/13). Very friendly greeting from reception, and received a nice complimentary pet package.

Room was comfortable and clean, real plant in the room and around the hotel, nice touch.
Overall very friendly customer service, Would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your accomodations. Yes having a real plant in the room gives it the touch of home that makes your stay that much more enjoyable. Some guests have even left us notes that they named it, which our staff really enjoys. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance if in the Mansfield area and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gibsonburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

As we were looking for a campground late, we decided to stay at a hotel and look for a campsite the next morning. There are quite a few restaurant options around the hotel as well as a Wal-Mart next door. I reserved a two queen bed room, and once we arrived and checked in I found out that there was only one queen bed in the room. Once I went to the front desk I was told that I said I wanted the one queen bed room (customer service-customer not always right), heard a problem with the people behind me as well as the best western employee implied they were wrong.

Once we arrived at the correct room I booked we detected a very foul smell in the hallway, a smell that should be reserved for the restroom, which it continued to smell this way through checkout the next day. The room wasn't too bad, no problems.

Breakfast the next day was an ordinary continental breakfast, frozen eggs circles and sausage patties that you throw in the micro to warm up, waffle make, juice, coffee, bagels, pastries, fruit.

The kids wanted to go in the pool and we noticed the hot tub was out of service. The pool isn't too bad in size and was warm.

Not too bad for Mansfield, glad it was only for one night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are greatful for your response and would like to inform you and all travelers that when booking with a 3rd party to make sure that you know exactly what type of room they are reserving for you as in most cases they book whatever is available. We are happy that we did have the room type you needed available for you to be switched to. To make sure that this does not happen again we encourage you to book directly with the hotel or brand website so that there are no misunderstandings with your reservation. We hope you had a safe trip and will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have stayed here a few times, mostly with points. Hotel is very clean, staff very helpful. Staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. Front desk clerk was Very friendly and helps me find a place to eat and her selection was great.

A lot of people pick on petty items in hotels but basically this is a very good choice to stay, it is right of highway easy access to everything’s food and shopping..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and property. We strive to provide every guest with excellent service and comfortable accomodations. We hope to see you again in the future when in Mansfield, Ohio.
Waterloo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hallway looks dirty/outdated. The room appears nice and the bed/pillows are comfortable. We stayed on the way down south and then again on the way back home. We were in two different rooms for each trip. The water pressure in the shower in the first room was weak. The entrance to the area this room was in didn't have a card reader to get in. You could see where the card reader was and had been ripped off the wall....the door was not secure, it just opened to anyone who had the where-with-all to pull open the door. We fell asleep to the sound of the baby in the next room crying and voices in the hall way. The second stay, on the way back, was in a different room. The access to that room was via secure entrance but having any entrance unsecured provides access to any room in the hotel. The heating/cooling unit in the room was very outdated and loud so we left it off. The water pressure in the shower of this room was HORRIBLE. It took me four times as long to wash and rinse than it would have in a shower with regular pressure. The odd thing is that the pressure at the sink and out of the tub faucet was incredible... just the shower head trickled... We fell asleep this time to the sound of the small dog in the room next to us yapping and footsteps above us clomping around. The bed was comfortable and the room was good size.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to and from your destination. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We are taking your feedback to our department heads to make improvments and corrective actions in the areas that you addressed. We hope that when in the area you choose to stay with us again so that we may provide you with superior customer care.
Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Trip advisor customers rate this #1 in Mansfield, I can’t believe that. This Best Western was $76 a night (corporate rate), they don’t tell you that there is no elevator but if you want a room away from the traffic you will have to second floor because all the ones on the quite side of the first floor are full. I found trash in room on floor from previous guest. The bed sheets and comforter have what appear to be cigarette burns even though a non smoking room. I kept smelling cigarettes then realized after 2 day that half the hotel is smoking. The doors don’t hold back smoke so yes it goes into every room. The breakfast consists of instant coffee, frozen egg and sausage patties.I have a picture of the dirty washcloth they left in my room. The rooms are small; I could sit on the bed open fridge and wash my hands. I checked out and moved across town to another hotel, I am working in the area for a couple more weeks and will report on how good the Quality inn I checked into is but I can tell it is already a big improvement and less money.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the highway side, better yet dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
First off I would like to apologize that you did not experience an excellent stay with us. We take great pride in our property and unfortunately we made errors in your accommodations with your room. We have taken the information you supplied us with and will use it in training of our staff to hopefully eliminate these errors in the future. We are currently taking on the task of making our breakfast a more pleasant experience for all with continuing changes. However, our health department does not allow us to cook so we have tried offering the Jimmy Dean Sausage and Egg patties as a protein offering. I also am sorry that you did not like the Nestle coffee, we would be happy to provide any guests with additional coffee that can be brewed in the inroom coffee pots if they do not care for the Nestle product. All in all we appreciate your feed back and will continue to do our best to offer superior customer service in the future for all of our guests.
Sevierville, Tennessee, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

we stay at this hotel every year and sometimes twice a year!! It is close to 71 and convenient to all the places we like to go when we visit family!! The hotel is close to Walmart and several nice restaurants!! Rooms are large and nice but could use a little updating!! It definetely serves our purpose when we travel to our original home state!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMansfieldOhio, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
As always it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are going to be changing some items in the rooms soon, so I hope that you see the difference upon your return to our property. We just upgraded the property to all new HD services and hope that you enjoyed those new modifications while you were with us. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future and Thank You for staying with us.
montague, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room was clean, bed comfortable, TV, wireless worked well. Good self serve breakfast, but the BEST was the friendly, helpful staff. When I went to my car to leave, I found that there was ice and snow on my windshield. I am from the south and do not own an ice scraper nor did I have time to wait for my defroster to clear the windshield. When Courtney who was on the front desk discovered my delima she put on her coat, went out in the cold to her car to loan me her ice scraper. Southern hospitality is alive and well at The Best Western, Mansfield, OH. Thanks Courtney !!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you or your kind comments. We strive to give every guest excellent customer care and Courtney has shown you just how much each and every guest means to us. We are happy the you enjoyed your stay and hope that you have had a safe trip. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to be of service again in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield? Share your experiences!