“Cozy and quiet with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
South Bend, Indiana
“Cozy and quiet with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Here's a nice hotel just on the south side of Mansfield close to I-71 (Exit 169). Not real close to downtown, but you're in a good central location for Malabar Farm, Mohican State Park, and the Ohio Bird Sanctuary.

Rooms and beds are comfortable, and the room is very quiet even though I-71 is in sight from the window. There is a small refrigerator in the room. And each room has a live plant for a homey touch. I think that is a first for me! The sink is in the foyer, separated from the bathroom which contains tub and toilet only. No fan in the bathroom.

They have a free breakfast buffet in the morning, 6:30 to 9:30. The breakfast room is quite small, and at various times it will be full, so you may have to wait for a table. But there is a cozy sitting area close by in the lobby you can go if it's full. They have a Nescafe coffee maker that makes delicious, fresh coffee - about the best I've had. And they also have one of those classic Carbon's Golden Malted waffle makers.

The staff is friendly and the service is superb. Two examples: 1) My wife is especially sensitive to smoke and even though our 2nd floor room was non-smoking, there were traces of smoke coming from down the hall. We were immediately given a different room on the 1st floor. 2) A shower lever was stuck and was repaired promptly while we were out. Josh, the manager, is very accomodating. If you have any issues please don't hesitate to ask. Josh and his staff aim to please. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to smoke, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accomodation needs. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do strive to make sure that if there is a issue it is handled quickly. We are glad that you did feel at home from some of the extra amenities offered here at the property. Please travel safe and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed with my son when we toured the Mansfield Reformatory & the Shawshank Tour of the local area. Best location: close to highway, but away from downtown. Plenty of restaurants close by. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, although the WiFi was down when we were there so be sure to ask about it if this is a priority to you. The breakfast is better than most budget motels, it included sausage and eggs as well as the usual continental choices. Room was clean and comfortable. Overall a great value, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that you took advantage of some of the exciting things that Mansfield has to offer like the Shawshank Trail and Reformatory. I apologize about the WIFI but do want to inform you that we have replaced the entire system to correct this problem. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I choose this hotel because it location and quality of the service. I stayed here before and we loved it. For the price I paid for, I received an above-average stay, I highly suggest staying here.. The free breakfast was quite extensive. There is a laundry room. If I had known this, I would of brought laundry soap! ( But don't worry, you can purchase some. ) Super helpful for wet clothes and swimsuits. The pool is nice and hot, I didn't get a chance to try to hot tub or jacuzzi, but that was unexpected surprise. My room location had wacky WiFi coverage. It could of been my phone though. But they had geat wifi 24 hours phone service..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it makes us very happy that our guests feel at home while staying with us. Please contact us again when in the Mansfield, Ohio area so that we may once again provide you with excellent service and accomodations.
Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights for a business trip; Mansfield has approx. 4-5 hotels to pick from. This one was close to local restaurants (Applebee's & Cracker Barrel) as well as local shopping. Very nice hotel; I did run into a few issues with the wireless internet. I travel with 2 laptops and neither one would connect due to the network connection on their wireless. I mentioned it to the front desk staff and the young lady I spoke to basically smarted off and showed me her cell phone to which she could connect just fine, it had to be a problem with me and/or my PC's. Instead of arguing with her I choose to eat dinner at local restaurants that did provide Wi-Fi and had ZERO issues with connecting.
I stayed in a King room with lots of lamps/lights available but some of the switches didn't work, and there was a burnt out light bulb in one of them. I left a note for the hotel cleaning staff but it was ignored. No big deal but it would be nice to have all the lights in working order. Room layout was decent - big desk to work on, lots of space to spread out my belongings and get organized for the business meetings.
All in all, this was a nice place to stay. Some improvements could be done with the overall experience and staff could use some additional training in customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We apologize about the internet issues that you inccured. Our property is in the process of completly upgrading our cable, phone, and internet services to provide the latest digital media services available. Our effort is to provide the best customer service possible please know that we will strive even harder to make sure that our staff is performing to our guests needs. We hope to see you upon a return to Mansfield, Ohio.
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was the last Best Western sleepover on our way back to New York -- and what a great choice, if I may complement myself :0). Here, we've got all that we had at Best Western Carousel, a more expensive version of the Best. The decor, the biggest room we ever had at the Best, beautiful & clean bathrooms, the treat for our dog -- really cool. The surroundings allowed for a nice walks with our pooch. However, the coffee machine didn't work and it wasn't fixed for the morning either. Also, the breakfast nook was the smallest one we encountered at Best -- and it got crowded there in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us with your family and four legged friend. We are glad that you enjoyed your accomodations. Our staff works hard to make sure that we provide great customer service, clean rooms, and a rate with value. We hope to see you again when in the Mansfield, Ohio area.
Baldwinsville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was one stay where the prior reviews here where important in my decision. They where right on. Great stay (was a layover for a trip to cincy area) and the Beds where well above what i would expect. Additionally they where Queens!!! Beds and pillows where comparable to that of a Marriott. All things considered, I would rate it way better then a recent stay at a Marriott in buffalo/Niagara the week prior and payed almost 3 times the price.

Was attending a trade-show and had brought my wife and 10 year old son. My wife even commented on the bed. Pool area looked great, but unfortunately we had to be back on road by 8am, we arrived late, around 11 pm. Plan on staying here next year on our way thru.

Breakfast was adequate, room very small... but it is what it is. Older hotel, but has been updated. rooms where pleasantly decorated/

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works hard to ensure that we are providing clean and comfortable rooms so that our guests rest easy. We look forward to having you stay with us again next year while passing through.
Ajax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

After leaving Nashville 10 am and trying to reach b/w in Cleavland in one drive we relized it was to much driving and we decided to stop at first b/w hotel we saw ,it was the best western mansfield,8pm got room very quickly,and good price,desk lady VERY nice and helpful ,beautiful and clean room,swimming pool clean and extra towels ,9/15 late supper from plentiful diners around area,some big rigs on property but didnt hear a thing after getting in a very comfortable bed, small breakfast area, but good breakfast. like I said A GEM of a find (get a b/w hotel directory from any b/w hotel lobby ) yes I would stay again.

Room Tip: I dont have a tip, except to say I take my best western hotels book with me every where its realy he...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for all your kind comments. We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff tries hard everyday to ensure that our customers have excellent accomodations while providing great value with great service. We hope to see you again if in the area.

Been to BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield? Share your experiences!