“Problems” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
“Problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay in Marriott brand hotels 40+ weeks a year, but this was a very disappointing first stay at this Fairfield Inn. The room had multiple problems, beginning with the TV having audio but no video. I had to unplug the TV power cord for 10 minutes and plug it back in before I was able to get a picture. Other problems included the microwave having no power, even though it was plugged into a live plug; the pull rod missing on the curtain; the iron being an auto-off so that I had to keep unplugging and plugging it back in to get it to heat and the spray feature not working; and the carpet being so dirty that just a few minutes of walking in my sock feet was starting to turn the bottom of my socks grey. I arrived late at night and it wasn't until I had unpacked that I started discovering all of the problems, so it really wasn't worth it at that point to pack everything up again and change rooms. I will say that aside from the dirty carpet, the room and bathroom were very clean, although the bathroom linens were quite thin. I know that the hotel is undergoing some renovations, but that has nothing to do with the very poor oversight of this room that should not have been rented in this condition. First impressions are everything, so I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for all of the electrical issues as well as the carpet in your room. It is our goal to ensure all guests have an excellent stay with us and I am truly sorry this was not the case for you. I reviewed your comments with my staff and discussed how we can be sure these issues in our rooms are not overlooked again. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future so that we can give restore your faith in Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped in by chance at this lovely hotel one Friday night. We were greeted by Gibson, who was sweet and accomodating. He set us up with a nice room, clean, spacious and comfortable. We walked to the Appleby's right next door and had dinner. The next morning we were surprised by the set up of breakfast food in the lounge! Sausage and biscuits, eggs, hot, all ready cooked oatmeal, rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, and lots more, all with several kinds of juice and 4 kinds of coffee. The meal was completed by the wonderful woman[didn't get her name,sorry] who kept everything running smoothly, carried our plates away, talked with us, and was so proud to talk about the hotel and the upcoming renovations. We will stay here again, and you would be well off to do the same. You won't be dissapointed!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We come to Mansfield quite a bit as my husband races at Mid-Ohio. Very clean and spacious rooms and a great breakfast in the morning that is very well stocked. Very close to the shopping mall, Target and some restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We travel a great deal and have come to trust the Marriott line of hotels We were not disappointed with our day at the Mansfield Fairfield Inn. The rooms were neat, clean and well maintained. Not sure how Marriott maintains the high levels of inns but I do appreciate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the service was good. Nice place to spend the night

• Stayed April 2012
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have stayed at this Fairfield Inn multiple times. Delicious free breakfast, restful night sleep, clean and comfy room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was driving across the country with my brother and we booked this hotel from my phone on the road. It was our fifth night away from home and I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the beds and pillows were. It was the best sleep I had had in five days! The late night desk clerk was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield? Share your experiences!