“Surprisingly nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario

You added Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Lexington Springmill Road, Mansfield, OH 44906   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pick an Offer Just 4 You!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

For the price of this hotel, I didn't have really high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room had the feel of a much more expensive place, with very tasteful granite and wood accents. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the other furnishings were very modern and clean. The location is great, with lots of shops and restaurants very close by. Only a couple of gripes. One, there is no ice maker on each floor, only on the first floor. Also, there is no fitness center on site. They have an arrangement with an offsite gym, but that's a bit inconvenient. The included breakfast was more than I expected, with a good selection of hot foods in addition to the usual fruit, cereal and bread options.

Room Tip: Choose a room further from the elevators for less noise. Also, the pool is at the center of the firs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am stickler for cleanliness so I usually take time to look at the details, and this hotel passed muster. The people at the front desk answered questions and were helpful when I needed something. Housekeeping was on point with a basket of towels and toiletries when I had a do not disturb sign on the door. My only complaint would be the thin walls with over zealous guests. All common areas were clean. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying. The location of this hotel is very convenient to shopping and restuarants, which I really liked. I did notice the hotel computer not working but I did not have a need for it. Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Robesonia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was incredibly clean. I always put the "do not disturb" sign out and the cleaning staff left me a basket of clean towels, etc. The continental breakfast was consistent with every other Hampton I've stayed in. I work out almost every day and since the hotel doesn't have a fitness room they provide a complimentary pass to a nearby gym which made me very happy. The only complaint that I have was that the computer in the business center wasn't working, but I requested to use a printer and they allowed me to use the one behind the desk. A refrigerator in my room would have been nice since I was there for a week and a half....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel Advertised HD Programming, Chose this hotel to see the CFB National Championship game-No ESPN HD - HD on a few channels no one ever watches. It was too late to choose a different property. Also, need to documents for a meeting the next morning and Hotel Computer & Printer not working. Overall a Bad stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MansfieldHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
First of all, thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel, including having a limited number of TV channels and having to deal with a broken printer. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Hampton Inn is an older building, but they have spent some time remodeling the actual hotel rooms. The beds were soft, but really high (didn't bother me). Bathroom had plenty of counter space. Flat screen tv. Didn't hear my neighbors, so this hotel got the job done. If you come realizing this a above average 3 star hotel you won't be disappointed.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the interstate in between an Applebees and a Residence Inn. Hotel itself though could use some updating the front lobby/business center/check-in area was cramped. The elevator drops you directly in front of someones room, so I'd ask to be a distance from the elevator if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Morton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i travel with work to the AMA Vintage Days held at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH every year. This hotel is very clean and convenient. Beds are very comfortable. Close to the track and great location. There are lots of restaurants nearby also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Whenever we are in town for a NASA MidOhio event we like to stay here and were very pleased to be able to stay this time too. This time we were very pleasantly surprised to be 'customer of the day' and saw our Name on the Billboard by check-in along with getting extra goodies (water and snacks) along with a very nice welcome. That was a 1st and such a pleasant surprise after staying here half a dozen times over the past 3 years. As usual, the beds were comfy, showers great, room quiet and great hot breakfasts... can't really ask for anything more!

Room Tip: high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario? Share your experiences!