“Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario

You added Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Lexington Springmill Road, Mansfield, OH 44906   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points w/Your Stay!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Houston, Missouri
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am stickler for cleanliness so I usually take time to look at the details, and this hotel passed muster. The people at the front desk answered questions and were helpful when I needed something. Housekeeping was on point with a basket of towels and toiletries when I had a do not disturb sign on the door. My only complaint would be the thin walls with over zealous guests. All common areas were clean. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying. The location of this hotel is very convenient to shopping and restuarants, which I really liked. I did notice the hotel computer not working but I did not have a need for it. Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Robesonia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was incredibly clean. I always put the "do not disturb" sign out and the cleaning staff left me a basket of clean towels, etc. The continental breakfast was consistent with every other Hampton I've stayed in. I work out almost every day and since the hotel doesn't have a fitness room they provide a complimentary pass to a nearby gym which made me very happy. The only complaint that I have was that the computer in the business center wasn't working, but I requested to use a printer and they allowed me to use the one behind the desk. A refrigerator in my room would have been nice since I was there for a week and a half....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel Advertised HD Programming, Chose this hotel to see the CFB National Championship game-No ESPN HD - HD on a few channels no one ever watches. It was too late to choose a different property. Also, need to documents for a meeting the next morning and Hotel Computer & Printer not working. Overall a Bad stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MansfieldHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
First of all, thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel, including having a limited number of TV channels and having to deal with a broken printer. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Hampton Inn is an older building, but they have spent some time remodeling the actual hotel rooms. The beds were soft, but really high (didn't bother me). Bathroom had plenty of counter space. Flat screen tv. Didn't hear my neighbors, so this hotel got the job done. If you come realizing this a above average 3 star hotel you won't be disappointed.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the interstate in between an Applebees and a Residence Inn. Hotel itself though could use some updating the front lobby/business center/check-in area was cramped. The elevator drops you directly in front of someones room, so I'd ask to be a distance from the elevator if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Morton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i travel with work to the AMA Vintage Days held at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH every year. This hotel is very clean and convenient. Beds are very comfortable. Close to the track and great location. There are lots of restaurants nearby also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Whenever we are in town for a NASA MidOhio event we like to stay here and were very pleased to be able to stay this time too. This time we were very pleasantly surprised to be 'customer of the day' and saw our Name on the Billboard by check-in along with getting extra goodies (water and snacks) along with a very nice welcome. That was a 1st and such a pleasant surprise after staying here half a dozen times over the past 3 years. As usual, the beds were comfy, showers great, room quiet and great hot breakfasts... can't really ask for anything more!

Room Tip: high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this property, and below are the Pros and Cons from our experience:

PROS:
~Friendly and welcoming staff
~Inviting and clean lobby area
~Spacious rooms
~Clean rooms (no bed bugs)
~Comfortable beds
~Well-working A/C
~Provided with amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, and mouthwash
~Very good breakfast with a good selection
~Nice shower (clean, drained well, no problems with temperature)
~Great location
~Plenty of parking
~Newer flat-paneled TV with a good selection of channels

CONS:
~There truly are no cons in our opinion. The only reason we did not give this property five stars was because it is not a full-service hotel (no room service or pay-per-view movies). This hotel is not advertised as such, we just prefer full-service hotels.

My husband and I typically stay in higher-end hotels; however, the location of this hotel is exactly what we needed. We were both pleasantly surprised with this property. With the exception of the full-service amenities we prefer (room service and pay-per-view movies), this hotel was very nice. We would stay here again if we were in this area (and we will now consider Hampton Inns when we are on the road thanks to the great experience we had at this hotel)!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple