“Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Mansfield
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were in Mansfield for a convention, which was hosted at the hotel. We stayed 2 nights. Service was very friendly. Staff at the desk was helpful, but they were understaffed, so there were times where we had to wait while the staff was dealing with other issues in the hotel. The banquet food was mediocre, but not horrible. We enjoyed our breakfasts in the hotel restaurant. There is high speed internet available, which at times was a bit slow, but it was OK most of the time. I would stay here again.

One note for disabled folks- be sure and enter the hotel from the front entrance. This is where you want to drop off your luggage as well. The parking lot is in the rear, and you must climb a few steps to enter the hotel. There is some handicapped parking on the side, which is closer to the front.

Room Tip: I saw someone else's review that stated that the 6th floor smelled strongly of cigarette smoke...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived at Holiday Inn in Downtown Mansfield and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was warm and friendly, cookies were waiting in the lobby, and it had a nice welcoming interior.
The rooms were recently remodeled, clean and great pillows! The restaurant food was very good, although I just had a burger and sweet potatoe fries.
I was there for a concert at the neighboring, gorgeous historic Renaissance Theater. What a nice surprise that on the 3rd floor of the Holiday Inn there was a walkway to the theater!
The only negative I encountered was a little bit of cigarette smoke in the hallways of Floor 6. It would be better to have non-smoking rooms on non-smoking floors. But it wasn't enough to keep me from coming back, I would just be more selective as to room location next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is somewhat dated. A restaurant on site was a plus after a long day of travel, but no free breakfast. There was a section of the hotel that was closed off on the third floor which was a little eerie but overall a decent stay. Also hard to keep warm. Had to turn the heater on high and it was noisy. Nothing remarkable but okay if you are on Mansfield.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Bertha55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Anyone who can find fault with this hotel is either looking for flaws or they have never stayed at a junky hotel. Seriously. This is a very nice place to check into after a long day on winter roads. Very very nice. Clean. Friendly. Warm. Comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, mostly with points. Hotel is very clean, staff very helpfull. Staff went out of there way to accomidate my needs. Lance, the bartender was great. He told me "its my first night alone" and I thought here we go, but he did an outstanding job. Very freindly and help me find a place to eat and his selection was great.

Alot of people pick on petty items in hotels but basicly this is a very good choice to stay, it is right on a main avenue so ther will be car noise but at night very little noise

Room Tip: Dont travel if your looking for something fabulous because its not out there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

There aren't many choices of hotels in Mansfield and I stayed here based on prior reviews. The room was awful. It was dated, there was a hole in the wall (mostly obscured by the shades), my door key only worked about 25% of the time, and the traffic noise kept me up all night. The A/C was loud. What's even worse is the fact that they probably could have put me in a better room away from the street since the hotel appeared to be 90% vacant. The "fitness center" is a treadmill and a stationary bike in what could have been a former guest room. There was a pool and hot tub that were decently maintained, but they were in the basement which I found was a bit creepy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing street due to road noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Ian P,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the noise may have caused you. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. I have taken note, and I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and take actions accordingly. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Proctorville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night but it was a great stay! The rooms were some of the cleanest I've ever had and every staff member we came into contact with was very friendly and courteous. We didn't eat at the on site restaurant but it was busy in the evening we checked in and very busy that next morning. The beds were very comfy, the room was large with great space and the Internet worked just fine. We will absolutely stay here again without hesitation!!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center? Share your experiences!