“Nice Place, Nice People” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Pa
“Nice Place, Nice People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, mostly with points. Hotel is very clean, staff very helpfull. Staff went out of there way to accomidate my needs. Lance, the bartender was great. He told me "its my first night alone" and I thought here we go, but he did an outstanding job. Very freindly and help me find a place to eat and his selection was great.

Alot of people pick on petty items in hotels but basicly this is a very good choice to stay, it is right on a main avenue so ther will be car noise but at night very little noise

Room Tip: Dont travel if your looking for something fabulous because its not out there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

There aren't many choices of hotels in Mansfield and I stayed here based on prior reviews. The room was awful. It was dated, there was a hole in the wall (mostly obscured by the shades), my door key only worked about 25% of the time, and the traffic noise kept me up all night. The A/C was loud. What's even worse is the fact that they probably could have put me in a better room away from the street since the hotel appeared to be 90% vacant. The "fitness center" is a treadmill and a stationary bike in what could have been a former guest room. There was a pool and hot tub that were decently maintained, but they were in the basement which I found was a bit creepy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing street due to road noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Ian P,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the noise may have caused you. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. I have taken note, and I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and take actions accordingly. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Proctorville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night but it was a great stay! The rooms were some of the cleanest I've ever had and every staff member we came into contact with was very friendly and courteous. We didn't eat at the on site restaurant but it was busy in the evening we checked in and very busy that next morning. The beds were very comfy, the room was large with great space and the Internet worked just fine. We will absolutely stay here again without hesitation!!

• Stayed November 2012
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have to agree it is in an inconvenient location but the hotel itself is very nice...3 star hotel. You have to drive down the street if you want to go to out to eat or to a store. It has a nice pool and whirlpool, workout room and a restaurant. However, it did not offer free breakfast but you could buy it was their restaurant. Got a great deal on hotwire.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My room was ok plenty of room but the doors stuck in fact I left my door partially open by mistake because of the resistance when closing it. The bathroom door wouldn't stay open. The bar and restaurant were nicer than the rest of the hotel. The hotel was in the middle of a very run down neighborhood and I would chose a different hotel if I stay in mansfield in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Teri G,

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the compliments on our rooms and facilities. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your feedback is very important to us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the condition of the doors and location of the property. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Zelyn N
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was middle of the road. While it was adequate and clean, it was really no frills. The beds were very firm. The service was again just adequate. The worst thing about the hotel is the location. It is in a really run down area, you know what I mean with people standing all over the streets and corners. My GPS took us down some back alleys just to get to the hotel. I.m not sure if this town was another victim of the recession but it appears that way. Parking was around back of the hotel and I was very concerned my car would get broken in to or stolen. It is also about 10 minutes off of the highway. If given the choice I wouldnt stay here again, but I paid next to nothing on Priceline so I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear LCFTAK,

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you found our hotel to your liking. I am sorry to hear you were uncomfortable with our location.

I want to assure you, the safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern to us. I sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a very nice Holiday Inn. It's a few miles from the Interstate, but worth the effort to drive a few miles. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. There weren't that many people staying at the hotel the night we stayed there. We arrived late so we weren't able to take advantage of their pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center? Share your experiences!