“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Mansfield
Akron, Ohio
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have to agree it is in an inconvenient location but the hotel itself is very nice...3 star hotel. You have to drive down the street if you want to go to out to eat or to a store. It has a nice pool and whirlpool, workout room and a restaurant. However, it did not offer free breakfast but you could buy it was their restaurant. Got a great deal on hotwire.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My room was ok plenty of room but the doors stuck in fact I left my door partially open by mistake because of the resistance when closing it. The bathroom door wouldn't stay open. The bar and restaurant were nicer than the rest of the hotel. The hotel was in the middle of a very run down neighborhood and I would chose a different hotel if I stay in mansfield in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Teri G,

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the compliments on our rooms and facilities. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your feedback is very important to us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the condition of the doors and location of the property. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was middle of the road. While it was adequate and clean, it was really no frills. The beds were very firm. The service was again just adequate. The worst thing about the hotel is the location. It is in a really run down area, you know what I mean with people standing all over the streets and corners. My GPS took us down some back alleys just to get to the hotel. I.m not sure if this town was another victim of the recession but it appears that way. Parking was around back of the hotel and I was very concerned my car would get broken in to or stolen. It is also about 10 minutes off of the highway. If given the choice I wouldnt stay here again, but I paid next to nothing on Priceline so I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear LCFTAK,

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you found our hotel to your liking. I am sorry to hear you were uncomfortable with our location.

I want to assure you, the safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern to us. I sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a very nice Holiday Inn. It's a few miles from the Interstate, but worth the effort to drive a few miles. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. There weren't that many people staying at the hotel the night we stayed there. We arrived late so we weren't able to take advantage of their pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped as overnight rest for a long trip northeast. It was not as convenient from the interstate as I had hoped - bit my husband had price-lined it, so the rate was good. We arrived late. The staff was helpful. The bellhop was almost too helpful (perhaps it was slow night and he was anxious for any tip??) to the point I was a little uncomfortable. The housekeeping left a bit to be desired. The shower walls had three short hairs stuck to them, and one bed had two dead bugs "made" into it - which may have happened after the bed was made, but disconcerning nonetheless. The room smelled clean and appeared clean otherwise. The internet was free, but we could not connect in the room. In the lobby the connection was not a problem. My daughter really enjoyed the pool. We did not eat at the restaurant because of our desire to get on the road, but the value looked very good! There were daily specials listed for everyday. We did stop at the restaurant to see if we could buy fruit or something light to go, but they could not accomodate our request.

Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you're a Priority Club member, you get to "Pick your Perk" - a free drink in the bar, a free breakfast, a free appetizer or 500 free points. Also free cookies when we arrived. Our room was on the 6th floor but there wasn't much of a view. The room was big and comfortable. The neighborhood didn't seem the nicest which was too bad because we would have walked to the downtown area if it had been - not the hotel's fault. Very nice hotel and friendly staff - we'd stay again. We used our reward points at this hotel so it was "free" which is why the value was excellent.

Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I were on the back end of an 18 hour drive and need a stop in Ohio. We pricelined in Mansfield, OH, and this is what we got.

First thing's first, the area around the hotel isn't spectacular. With that said...

The hotel itself was GREAT! My kids loved the pool. Our room was very clean, as was the bathroom. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The restuarant was good, but our server was excellent! All in all, we were very happy with our experience and I WOULD recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center? Share your experiences!