“5 star service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Winans House

Winans House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Winans House
You added Winans House to your Saves list
143 River Street, Madison, OH 44057   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Madison B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“5 star service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Winans house is the perfect place to stay while enjoying Lake County wine country. I was blown away with the accomodations as they far exceeded my expectations. The house is a work of art and the rooms will make you feel comfortable and refreshed. The most important asset of that the Winans has to offer are the amazing and remarkable service that the host Jim and Georgia Drown offer to all guests. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met and will make you feel right at home with a tour and some of the best bananna bread I have ever had the pleasure of eating! Absolutely a peaceful weekend and some great wine

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling with friends and stayed in this B&B. We loved it! Gracefully Victorian, our rooms had many extra touches, and those, combined with the warmth of hosts Georgia and Jim, murmured perpetual Welcome. We left the next morning after a delightful breakfast and a relaxing stay. Very enjoyable!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were looking for a place close to the wineries of the Grand River Valley, and came upon a historic house in Madison. We were happy with the location, and amazed with the amount of history in the house, and shared by the owners/proprietors. We had been on a tour of the Ashtabula County covered bridges, and exploring Ashtabula county by bicycle before we came to the Grand River Valley and Madison. The owners shared more history of Ashtabula county with us, as well as of Madison and the wineries, making our experience richer. The suite was spacious, our time restful, the breakfast great.

Room Tip: We were happy with the Georgian suite. It was spacious, clean, and restful. One side fronted Rte...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have visited a few B&B's in this area. The Winans House is by far the most comforting and original. A beautiful Victorian house, fantastic furniture, the bed was perfect, the hospitality unsurpassed. So clean you feel at home immediately. I felt like I was visiting old friends. My wife tells people I was being spoiled by the inn keepers - they are wonderful people. The breakfasts were scrumptious and the house was just totally comfortable. Makes you want to take your shoes off and curl up in the living room with a good book...which I actually did. Anytime we can be in this area, this would be our first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Winans House B&B for a quick weekend trip. This was our first time staying at a B&B, and I wasn't too sure what to expect. The pictures on the web-site do not do the house justice. The Victorian style home is filled with so many amazing details, and the innkeepers have kept the decor very true to the time period. We stayed in the King James room which included a sitting area and an updated bathroom, equip with a Jacuzzi tub.

The stay included a breakfast that was served in the formal dining room. The innkeepers Jim and Georgia made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Georgia prepared the amazing breakfast, while Jim served and cleared the table. Watching the couple work together was heartwarming. The innkeepers provide great conversation. We were told about the history of the house, as well as the history of Madison. By the time we left, my husband and I felt that we had known Jim and Georgia for years, and we were sad to leave. I would recommend the Winans House to anyone who is traveling to the Geneva/ Madison area. My husband and I will definitely plan another stay at the B&B.

I forgot to mention that I have a food allergy and have difficulty tolerating dairy products. Georgia made sure that breakfast was prepared so that I could eat everything. My mother is the only other person who alters recipes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
north ridgeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Winans House B&B in the beginning of May (2013) for a quick one day get away from the kids and to celebrate my wife’s birthday. It is an old century house that was originally a doctor’s office and has been extensively renovated by the owners Jim and Georgia. It has much character and quite fascinating stories to go with it. While my wife and I generally gravitate toward a more modern décor when we travel, we couldn’t have been more comfortable than we found ourselves at the Winans House. We stayed in the King James suite. Very nice large room which included a sitting area that allowed for a short lived rest before our dinner. The bathroom was nicely updated with a jacuzzi unfortunately our schedule didn’t work out that we could actually relax in it for even a short time. We ate dinner at the Vault Restaurant which is a 5 minute walk to the center of Madison from the house. It’s a higher end steakhouse that had plenty of nice selections if you are looking for that. We finished with a night cap and entertainment at one of the local wineries. The room doesn’t have a TV (Jim said they do have WIIFI) but we didn’t notice anyway. In the morning we had coffee outside at the back table and relaxed in the warmth of the sun until breakfast was served. Breakfast was excellent with yogurt, French toast with peaches and sausage and a blueberry cobbler. Jim and Georgia were as welcoming as you could hope B&B hoists would be. Very engaging which lead to some enjoyable conversations. My wife and I have stayed in B&B’s in California (San Francisco, Napa and Sonoma) and we consider our stay at the Winans House to be of equal par with several of those. If we find ourselves returning to this area we would definitely consider staying here again only this time for two days so we could enjoy the Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: The other room looked very comfortable as well
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012, which was our first stay at a B&B. We were very impressed. We were thankful that we spent Friday and Saturday, one night would not have been enough to enjoy the house or the area. The innkeepers are wonderful, sincere people. They make sure you are comfortable and will tell you anything about the house and the area. The house and the rooms are very clean, the bed comfortable, and everything that you would need is even in the bathroom if you forgot something. There were also wine glasses and a cork screw in the room. Breakfast was served very elegantly and wonderful. Everything was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Winans House? Share your experiences!